Video: Melee breaks out @ STL meeting on civilian oversight of cops(pigs)...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpgPyp7K6Ew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n828LpT3KaA

It looks like that pig union official Jeff Roorda started that ? ...

Comments

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just another day in America white people doin whatever they want again
  • stringer bell
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/st-louis-meeting-on-police-oversight-degenerates-into-an-angry-brawl/
    St. Louis meeting on police oversight degenerates into an angry brawl

A meeting concerning civilian oversight of St. Louis police officers came to an abrupt end on Wednesday after a fight broke out in the crowd, the Huffington Post reported.

The disturbance reportedly started after an argument between Jeff Roorda, who leads the city’s police officers association, and Alderman Terry Kennedy.

Witnesses accused Roorda of shoving a woman, which angered members of the audience. Footage taken at the scene by livestreamer Bassem Masri shows Roorda grabbing one woman by the arm and pushing past her before being pulled back.

Masri –who filmed many of the protests in nearby Ferguson following the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson last August — can be heard cursing at Roorda in the video, calling him a “piece of sh*t” and a “white supremacist.”

According to the Post, the meeting was held to discuss a bill concerning the creation of a citizen oversight board that, if implemented, would be nominated by the city’s mayor and approved by the board of aldermen. The board would have the authority to investigate allegations of police misconduct.

KMOX-FM reported that an officer was speaking when the disturbance started. No arrests were made at the scene. The meeting was adjourned after order was restored.

Masri also posted a clip of an unidentified man throwing his phone down after Masri confronted him for telling a woman, “Just shut up.”
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH this pig tried to submarine the meeting, which was probably his whole purpose of being there. Wonder how much hes getting paid for all this.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cop needs charges placed on him, and ? need to learn there is a time and place for everything. All that yelling and shouting during the hearing was stupid. The oversight committee sounds to be exactly what they need, so let the pigs say their peace and then push for it in a civil manner.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the police union head started a brawl bc he was charging at the alderman during a town meeting and on his way to the podium assaulted a woman

and these are the people policing the streets?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    so the police union head started a brawl bc he was charging at the alderman during a town meeting and on his way to the podium assaulted a woman

and these are the people policing the streets?
    Funny because when unarmed black kids "charge" cops we get shot six times by cops. The mf Roora is trollin at this point. He most likely CAME there lookin for problems wearing that punk azz bracelet. ?
  • stringer bell
    Options
    theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/29/st-louis-police-city-hall-scuffle-unapologetic-pushing-woman
    St Louis police official unapologetic after pushing woman at public meeting

A St Louis police union official declined to apologise on Thursday after appearing to push a woman in the audience at a public meeting, and pledged to continue wearing a provocative bracelet in support of the officer who killed an unarmed 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.

Police have launched an investigation into the fracas that broke out at St Louis city hall on Wednesday evening when Jeff Roorda, the business manager of the St Louis Police Officers’ Association, grabbed Cachet Currie by the arm and appeared to shove her.

Roorda was accused of exacerbating tensions at the meeting by wearing a bracelet endorsing Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Michael Brown in the suburb of Ferguson on 9 August, leading to months of protests. Roorda hailed Wilson as “a hero” on Thursday and denied being responsible for the struggle at city hall.

Oh ? , no,” Roorda told the Guardian, when asked if he would apologise to Currie. “No, no, no. The only apology owed is from the chairman of the committee, for letting things get so far out of control.” He claimed it was the protesters at the meeting who “lost their cool”.

Roorda clashed with Currie as he tried to move past her and get to the front of the room, where Terry Kennedy, a local alderman, was chairing a hearing on a proposal to create a civilian police-review board. As protesters heckled an off-duty police officer who was testifying, Roorda complained that Kennedy did not have control of the meeting.

“Roorda just jumped out into the aisle, pushed me over and tried to get to Kennedy,” Currie told KMOV after the meeting. “I’m like, ‘Wait a minute, don’t push me.’” Currie’s forehead was grazed in the ensuing struggle between police, protesters and other people in the audience.

However, Roorda accused Currie of deliberately elbowing him and claimed that he had grabbed her in an attempt to stay on his feet. “She was stamping my feet, kicking my shins, trying to keep me from advancing to the podium to defend my officers,” Roorda said.

A St Louis metropolitan police spokesperson said an inquiry had been opened after a police report about the incident featuring “multiple complainants” was filed. “There is an ongoing investigation to determine what occurred,” the spokesperson said in an email.

Among the audience at Wednesday’s meeting were members of a protest movement that has demonstrated against police tactics since the fatal shooting of Michael Brown.

A St Louis grand jury decided in November not to indict Wilson, who said he shot Brown in self-defence. Several witnesses testified that Brown was surrendering when he was killed. Roorda has publicly defended Wilson since the shooting.
    Some protesters were angered by a black rubber bracelet Roorda was wearing on his right wrist on Wednesday stating “I am Darren Wilson”. The US Department of Justice last year asked police chiefs in the region to stop their officers from wearing the bracelets.

Roorda said on Thursday that he wore the bracelet every day and claimed that it was no different than the T-shirts worn by some protesters bearing the “hands up – don’t shoot” slogan of the demonstrations spurred by Brown’s death.

“Darren Wilson was the victim of an attempted murder, and he is a hero,” said Roorda. “The Department of Justice said my officers can’t wear this bracelet, so I have worn it every day since, just in protest of my officers’ freedom of speech being quashed.”

Roorda said on Thursday that he agreed the police should look into what happened. “I suggested to [Captain Michael Deeba] last night that while I didn’t necessarily want anybody to be charged or prosecuted, that there probably ought to be a report taken just to record what happened.”

The meeting was adjourned earlier than scheduled following the scuffle. Kennedy and Currie could not be reached for comment.