• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? given.

GOAT regardless.

That those Pats fans dug this up is the tax paid for finger pointing while inside a less than solid house, though.
    It all started in an interview with Jim Rome on Jan. 22 when Rice accused the Patriots of cheating during a conversation about Deflategate.

"I'm going to be point blank, I feel like it's cheating," Rice said.

Rice didn't stop with the cheating comment either, he also added that if the Patriots end up winning the Super Bowl, which they did, their title should have an asterisk next to it.

"I think you have to really put an asterisk on it, because this is going to follow them, you know, for the rest of their lives, because when you look at it, when people go back and they think about the New England Patriots, they're going to think about these controversies," Rice said.

Ironically, Rice also added that he would never cheat, "I've always wanted to do things the right way," Rice said. "I didn't want to take any short cuts or anything like that.

Rice's comments didn't sit well with Patriots fans, who scoured the internet and found an incriminating video of Rice. In the video, which was published on ESPN.com on Jan. 17, Rice admitted that he used to put stickum on his gloves during his playing days.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stickum was illegal to use so yes he's a cheater but I don't care about it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's cheating... Esp with the reputation rice had of having the greatest hands with Chris Carter...
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Nope.

"Nope" ? seriously lmao, ? admitted to cheating! Said he used the ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is being avoided like the plague, get these ? that were crying about integrity in here
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    this is a huge factor in the Montana vs Brady debate as well
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    It's cheating... Esp with the reputation rice had of having the greatest hands with Chris Carter...

I don't really care about no stickum ... until he gets high and mighty about asterisks and playing the right way. It's cool to call the Patriots cheaters unless you actually cheated with something just as dumb.

In fact, a wide receiver using stickum is probably exactly as much of a "competitive advantage" as a quarterback deflating a football, if not more.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said before about the Pats

No big deal.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You do know Cool Joe won.......

Fuxk it, never mind.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His route running was.smooth and goat but way he caught the ball makes me kinda rethink he him as a wr and for him to admit it wss weird still take.michael rving over him anyday
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everytime I see a highlight from him making a catch all I hear is "splack" lol
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a cheater that ratted on hisself.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes It's cheating and no he is not my goat. Moss is the best wr my eyes has ever, he just never had a great QB or organization like Rice did until NE.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's cheating. How significant it is to his stature as a WR, I don't know. Does it really make that much of a difference? Like someone else in here suggested, does it give any more of an advantage than the gloves players use today? How many other players were doing it? I mean if everyone else was cheating in the same way, then he really didn't get a competitive advantage.

As for the Brady comment, this doesn't play into that at all. If you want to talk about something that plays into the Montana vs Brady discussion, how about we talk about the rule changes that have universally benefitted QBs. Hell, at least one of those changes was made pretty much specifically to placate Brady.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it was illegal than it was cheating,but it was one player and not an entire organization.That is on Rice and he at least admitted he cheated.Deflated ? has more impact on the game than a player using stickum.none of that changes the facts he spoke.4 asterisks simple and plain.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is cheating and I never really did like Jerry, but overall I don't think it takes too much away from his accomplishments.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

You do know Cool Joe won.......

Fuxk it, never mind.

Oh he won all 4?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Qu
    If it was illegal than it was cheating,but it was one player and not an entire organization.That is on Rice and he at least admitted he cheated.Deflated ? has more impact on the game than a player using stickum.none of that changes the facts he spoke.4 asterisks simple and plain.

Whether it does or doesn't we weren't deflating ? so what the ? are you talking about?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I used stickum back in the day in practice. That ? is mad overrated. It's more of a confidence boost if anything. You have to wear a whole lot kinda like Lester Hayes for it to really make a difference. If you wear that much the refs will notice. This is a none story imo. Besides it aint like Rice wore stickum his whole career. Gloves became common in the late 80's and early 90's.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na he still the goat.