Zendaya Coleman Responds To Giuliana's Offensive Comment About Her Hair At The Oscars

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited February 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
464162506-zendaya-arrives-on-the-red-carpet-for-the-87th-oscars.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.jpg

During E!'s Fashion Police Oscars special Monday night, co-host Giuliana Rancic made a wildly offensive comment about actress Zendaya Coleman’s hair. Apparently, Giuliana thought the 18-year-old’s decision to rock locs on the red carpet made her look like she smelled of patchouli oil and weed.

Of course, it wasn't long before people took to social media to call out the ignorant commentary. Even Zendaya, who says she typical ignores negative remarks, thought Giuliana’s words so distasteful that she felt obligated to post a letter defending her locs and pointing out the blatant racism within the co-host’s “joke.”

Check out what future Mrs.Goldie said on twitter:

pa8azb6ffsbvg4lbfzmf.jpg

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice. Put her in her place.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been following her. beautiful with a good head on shoulders.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn she handled that better than some 30+yrs old women would have who been in the industry longer than this young woman has been alive.

Much respect and props to her for the way she responded.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    Great response to ignorance.

The letter is wack as ? , n is over compensating.
    Negroes always feel the need to educate bigots . "Cause they just dont know any better... May be if i show them l..."
    Nope
    Crackas just don't give a ? , and they deliberately say things n do things to get under our skin.

Zendaya should of checked her on the spot, and politley asked the ? , "what she meant by that", n made the ? clarify herself .
    Since Zendaya failed to do so, Zendaya should of jus let it rolled off her back, and proceeded to enjoy her night.
    The simple fact, Zendaya ranned home n dedicated an essay to this nonfactor ? . N made this ? a focus, shows Zendaya allowed this nobody to affect her night, and also shows, the power we give crackas in our lives.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Negroes always feel the need to educate bigots . "Cause they just dont know any better... May be if i show them l..."
    Nope
    Crackas just don't give a ? , and they deliberately say things n do things to get under our skin.

Zendaya should of checked her on the spot, and politley asked the ? , "what she meant by that", n made the ? clarify herself .
    Since Zendaya failed to do so, Zendaya should of jus let it rolled off her back, and proceeded to enjoy her night.
    The simple fact, Zendaya ranned home n dedicated an essay to this nonfactor ? . N made this ? a focus, shows Zendaya allowed this nobody to affect her night, and also shows, the power we give crackas in our lives.

I get what you saying and it does happen to often. Like with that white reporter ? talking about lady gaga singing "? MUSIC" and then saying she didn't know what the word "? " meant.

But the comment about Zendaya's hair was not made in her face on the red carpet.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

Nope

She wasnt on the show, she heard about the comment through twitter.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She look like mawga dawg, santas little helper
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What she said has some truth to it though...most of the time those dreads smell like beeswax and that motherland oil ? them ? be coming in the barber shop trying to sell
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope

are you saying that cacs should just insult black folks and we shouldn't respond?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead at patchouli oil and weed lmaoo

say what yall want but shorty would of caught about 30 lols off that in the pic thread.
  • D0wn
    Options

Nope

She wasnt on the show, she heard about the comment through twitter.
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Nope

I get what you saying and it does happen to often. Like with that white reporter ? talking about lady gaga singing "? MUSIC" and then saying she didn't know what the word "? " meant.

But the comment about Zendaya's hair was not made in her face on the red carpet.

Okay that's different then.
  • D0wn
    edited February 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Nope

are you saying that cacs should just insult black folks and we shouldn't respond?

Ya goofy ass deliberately, and purposely ignored the part where i stated, Zendaya should of checked Ranic on the spot . Obviously, Ranic said it behind Zendaya's back, so Zendaya was rite with the way she handled it.
    But, if somebody say something to your face. u should calmly, intelligently, and politely check them right then, and there. If u dont, then u ahould shut the ? up,and move on with your day.
    Black ppl are notorious for not checking cacs, letting them slide, then handling the disrespect in a ? made fashion.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead at patchouli oil and weed lmaoo

say what yall want but shorty would of caught about 30 lols off that in the pic thread.

hate to say it, but you're kinda right.

personally, i think it was a joke. i doubt homegirl really thought she smelled like weed.

its a foot in mouth situation where a little bit of consideration beforehand woulda saved the outrage.

"Joke" or not, she knew was she was on, probably coached

Cheap provocation for viewership. That's how american media operates operates in general

Were here discussing it now, so they got what they wanted