How far do you take an ass whoopin with your kids?

Options
onthafly
onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
A few other threads got me thinkin and I'm just wondering how far you guys take ass whoopins when it comes to your children or how far your parents took it when whoopin ya'll ? . My dad did anything from a belt, to choking somebody, to punching or kicking the ? out of somebody. I don't have the best relationship with my dad and neither do any of my sister and I'd like for things to be a little different with me and my children. I don't know about all that no spanking ? that some people are down with because that's how your kids end up talkin back to you and ? but at the same time, I don't think beating your kids will ever get them to really respect you. It'll just get them to be compliant for the moment.

Comments

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pop's Was Old School With A Latin Temper...Any Of These Would Do

Stylish-Look-with-Belt-for-Men-300x169.jpg

glen-ellis-tree-branch-86.3.jpg

cougar_0103_50%E2%80%99-Garden-Hose.jpg

133-Wire%20Dry%20Cleaner%20Hangers.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    enough to let them know I am not playing.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My kids 5. Haven't done anything other than spank him on the ass at this point. I might have to pull a belt out in a few years, but that's as far as I'd take it...until he becomes a teenager and decides he wants to try me. At that point, I'll pull out the old man strength, hem him up a lil and nip that ? in the bud. That's bout it though.

My mom used to used switches and belts. I told her one time if she ever slaps me, I'm moving out. Lol. She slapped me one time when I was 17...I moved out *shrugs*
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never had a beating in my life and I don't beat my kids. It never occurred to me to openly disrespect my dad. I don't even swear. My kids don't either. (Shrugs)
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enough to let em know they ? up and not to do it again. There are no emotions on my end. I look at like this, the ass whoopin are the brakes to make em slow up next time they think about doin what they did again. And the lesson(which should be given shortly after the sting from the discipline) gives them an alternative. Ass whoopins aren't there for violent solutions, at a certain age, kids don't even respond to it. It's a very elementary discipline method that should never get out of elementary school.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh, I don't know what's 'far'

I spanked some hands with a belt last night for playing when they should have been sleeping. 5mins later....they were snoring
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    My kids 5. Haven't done anything other than spank him on the ass at this point. I might have to pull a belt out in a few years, but that's as far as I'd take it...until he becomes a teenager and decides he wants to try me. At that point, I'll pull out the old man strength, hem him up a lil and nip that ? in the bud. That's bout it though.

My mom used to used switches and belts. I told her one time if she ever slaps me, I'm moving out. Lol. She slapped me one time when I was 17...I moved out *shrugs*

beat me with whatever....but you slap me an its ova.....

lol
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I never had a beating in my life and I don't beat my kids. It never occurred to me to openly disrespect my dad. I don't even swear. My kids don't either. (Shrugs)

Lucky ass ? . It ain't nothin but hard headed ? in my family.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave my 9 year old like 5 taps on his ass hard as hell couple years back, first and only time so far...

And my 3 yr never seen me do it, but when he acts up, all I gotta say is, "Man where my belt at, I aint even playin with you." and that lil ? straightens the ? up.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Nash scoop slammed his son into a Christmas tree....

Big daddy cool diesel can't be wrong
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I gave my 9 year old like 5 taps on his ass hard as hell couple years back, first and only time so far...

And my 3 yr never seen me do it, but when he acts up, all I gotta say is, "Man where my belt at, I aint even playin with you." and that lil ? straightens the ? up.

taps that's hard ass hell are hits my ? .
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always stop once i see blood.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My oldest is 10 don't spank her as much because she keeps herself inline now so she's good. I used to black out on her though when she would ? up though. Now my youngest two they are 3 and 2 I just paddle they butt every now and then. Maybe swat they hands, but I don't think I'll spank them like my oldest and definitely not like how my pops did me. I swear that ? hated me cuz he used to ? me up!
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    The threats is usually enough

Yup...this is all mom's had to do with me...? straightened up wit dat quickness. ...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finger-flick.jpg

my daughter's only one..
    i be flickin the shut out her already hard headed ass thanx to this. lol

Lol..leave that babies head alone!
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got tremendous beatings/punishments the like of which i am sure most of you have never seen
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's called abuse zombie.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draw blood
    every time

If your kid isn't unconscious after you whoop them you're doing it wrong
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    that's called abuse zombie.

According to my father It was called correction. In my house it was cooperation or slaughteration you choose
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I got tremendous beatings/punishments the like of which i am sure most of you have never seen

we know..

we can tell..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    finger-flick.jpg

my daughter's only one..

Lol..leave that babies head alone!

i most definitely WILL NOT!

she jus got her ass thumped not even 30 mins ago.. kept goin back to the same cabinet i told her not to..

after that guess what she did??

took her ass to another cabinet wit her bad ass! lol
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we in a store and my oldest boy tries to act up, I grab him by his shirt and tell him if u don't wanna a whooping he better chillax. My daughter all I gotta do is do the look and she shapes up quick. I don't have to whoop my kids that much because I got that structure my parents taught us growing up. My dad was worse though, he has long ass nails and he taps u on the top of your head when u acting up lol, ? hurts like a ? . My mom would pinch us lol, I tell my kids all the time, y'all got it better than daddy. My twin boys are only 6 months right now but they will get that structure too.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    finger-flick.jpg

my daughter's only one..

My daughter turned 6, I stay flicking her head when she ? up