Eric Garners Daughter Ethers Al The Hustler Sharpton

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOe7oUjvHg

three1.jpg

Al Sharpton is all about the Benjamins, a daughter of police chokehold victim Eric Garner claims in a bombshell videotape.

Erica Snipes tees off on the reverend as interested primarily in money during a conversation secretly recorded by controversial conservative activist James O’Keefe’s group, Project Veritas.

One of O’Keefe’s investigators with a hidden camera posed as a Garner supporter during a protest last month at the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island

022315erica_snipes2gsb.jpg

Eric Garner’s daughter Erica Snipes

You think Al Sharpton is kind of like a crook in a sense?” the investigator is heard asking Garner’s oldest daughter.

“He’s about this,” Snipes replies, rubbing her fingers together.

“He’s about money with you?” the undercover asks.

“Yeah,” Snipes responds.

Snipes, 24, also complained that the Staten Island director of Sharpton’s National Action Network, Cynthia Davis, scolded her for handing out street fliers about her father’s case that did not include NAN’s logo.

“She started attacking me. ‘Oh, I see that you got this flier out, how come you didn’t add the logo?’ ’’ Snipes said.

The undercover then asks, “They want their logo on your fliers?”

“Instead of me, he wants his face in front,” Snipes says, referring to Sharpton

“But it’s not about them, it’s about your dad,” the undercover says.

“Exactly,” Snipes responds

"Al Sharpton paid for the funeral. She’s trying to make me feel like I owe them,” she adds.

In an interview with The Post on Monday night, Snipes denied that she had accused Sharpton of being a money-grubber.

“No, I didn’t say that I think Al Sharpton is all about the money,” she said

But she stood by her criticism of Davis, the NAN director, who she claimed tried to block her from attending a protest at the Staten Island Museum against mass incarceration.

Sharpton on Monday night accused Project Veritas of “exploiting” Snipes and a dispute within the Garner family.

“They’re splicing and dicing stuff together. It was a distortion. Erica is a sincere victim. She was not trying to infer anything with me,” Sharpton said of the secret recording.

Sharpton said the premise of the criticism is flat wrong. He said NAN helps families, including paying for funerals, and does not take money from them. He said Snipes’ sister, Emerald, now works for NAN.

Moreover, he said, NAN organizes rallies after receiving legal permits from the city and therefore requests that its logo be put on fliers for events it sponsors.

In the video, Sharpton is also criticized by leaders and supporters involved in the Michael Brown police shooting case in Ferguson, Mo., and the Trayvon Martin shooting in Florida, according to the Project Veritas videotapes.

Jean Petrus, a Brooklyn businessman who attended a recent Trayvon Martin Foundation fundraiser in Florida, is also seen criticizing Sharpton in the secretly taped video.

“He knows how to make money and get money. They’re shakedown guys to me. You know, let’s call it what it is, they’re shakedown,” he says in the video

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    al-sharpton-garner-rally.jpg

Esaw Garner, wife of the late Eric Garner, cries as the Rev. Al Sharpton leads a vigil on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, Jan. 19, 2015, in Staten Island

Petrus told The Post on Monday night that he never consented to an interview and considers himself a “friend of Sharpton.”

“It was an entrapment situation,” Petrus said. “It’s really underhanded.”

Bishop Calvin Scott of Believers Temple in Ferguson also raps Sharpton in the video.

“To some degree, he sort of incites people for the wrong reason,” the bishop says. “I’m in the gathering. He got them all fired up. But I just sense this is not the way you want to go.”

Sharpton dismissed the criticism, saying he went to Ferguson at the request of Brown’s family.

“I condemned the violence in Ferguson,” he said.

The Post attempted to contact all the subjects in the Veritas video documentary. Two responded.

Lawyer Darryl Parks, who is involved with the Trayvon Martin Foundation, said “there may be a little truth in that” when asked in a secret recording whether Sharpton is “all about his money.”

Parks on Monday night told The Post that he was “totally misconstrued” by a woman who misrepresented herself as a donor willing to give $50,000 to the foundation. He said it was a lengthy interview taken out of context.

“This is operating under false disguise. It’s nothing but hogwash,” said Parks, who stressed that he supports Sharpton.

Another subject, Vivian Dudley of One Outreach Ministry in Ferguson, said in the video that she was “not quite sure what Al Sharpton did” when he visited there following Brown’s death. She confirmed that two people identifying themselves as documentarians openly interviewed her.

“They asked me about Sharpton. I don’t have anything bad to say about anybody,” Dudley said Monday night.

Other subjects did not respond or could not be reached for comment.

The National Action Network issued a statement Tuesday on behalf of Eric Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, and widow, Esaw Garner.

“Today’s NY Post front page story is deeply misleading about the relationship between our family, National Action Network, and Rev. Al Sharpton.

“As the mother and head of the estate of Eric Garner, and the widow of Eric Garner, let us be clear: We reached out and asked for help and assistance from Rev. Al Sharpton and National Action Network in the wake of Eric’s death. National Action Network and Rev. Al Sharpton have honored all of our requests, including covering the expenses of Eric’s funeral. We believe that their involvement is solely based on their commitment for justice for Eric and our family. It is National Action Network’s policy that they do not accept monies or even reimbursement from victim’s families.

“Erica made it clear in this NY Post article that the way the interview was conducted was extremely deceptive and her comments were taken out of context.

“We appreciate the work that National Action and Rev. Sharpton has done and continues to do for our family. The best way to continue to seek justice and honor Eric is through peaceful demonstrations, including by attending this Saturday’s rally with Rev. Sharpton at National Action Network.”
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubt Al does any of this without thinking of the bottom line as well as helping those he can.

With that said, the fact that these cacs doing secret tapings to get at him means he still rubs some of the right people the wrong way.

And if so then he can't be all that bad.
    Not saying he's all that good either.

The leaders who cared about us enough to die for us r dead.
    We're left with these cats and a strong need for individuals to step up.

It's on us.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not news to me only confirmation, the only question now is how the cockblowers are going to try and spin this. This ? is toxic to any real movement that we ever try to mount. Why do we still got these old tired ? supposedly representing us(im calling all jesse too) when they havent done a lick of ? toward progress of anything, we still in the same proverbial boat only now we think we got something. The only thing we believe we have to hang our hats on is these athletes and entertainers "that made it" but they more slaves than us. We can get "jobs" but we cant own ? of significance in this country unless "we play ball" with you know who.

? them ? and whoever defends this fuckery.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's still not as bad as Jesse Jackson.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not news to me only confirmation, the only question now is how the cockblowers are going to try and spin this. This ? is toxic to any real movement that we ever try to mount. Why do we still got these old tired ? supposedly representing us(im calling all jesse too) when they havent done a lick of ? toward progress of anything, we still in the same proverbial boat only now we think we got something. The only thing we believe we have to hang our hats on is these athletes and entertainers "that made it" but they more slaves than us. We can get "jobs" but we cant own ? of significance in this country unless "we play ball" with you know who.

? them ? and whoever defends this fuckery.
    "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves" - Vladimir Ilich Lenin
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Secret recordings..under cover agents...more white tricks. What else is new
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Al paying for the funeral is nothing compared to the money he collects in appearance fees. Unfortunately a pastor in the black community can do anything he wants without repercussions or remorse. He is an old school sham artist.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He may have an agenda true but those whites ain't stepping up at all
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't ? with Al Sharpton like that but Gardner daughter old enough to know not to answer personal questions like that from strangers. Especially in a public setting like a rally or march.

Now watch this ? get pushed on the news and suckas like Barkley, Don Lemon, that fat ugly conservative black ? cnn and fox be having run with this ? like its ? gospel.

Then ? who don't or can't think pass go going to eat this ? up and not see for ruse it is.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cointelpro part 2
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Regardless of his reasons, Al Sharpton has done more for this family and many other families than the collective in this thread

You self righteous ? outta be ashamed of yaselves.

He ain't put no one in a chokehold, he ain't tampered with evidence, he didn't acquit any cops and he damn sure don't run around secretly recording ppl

Is he a greedy opportunist? Sure. But the ends justify the means. ? 's wasn't even talking about what happened until Rev stepped in
    Chicity wrote: »
    Regardless of his reasons, Al Sharpton has done more for this family and many other families than the collective in this thread

You self righteous ? outta be ashamed of yaselves.

He ain't put no one in a chokehold, he ain't tampered with evidence, he didn't acquit any cops and he damn sure don't run around secretly recording ppl

Is he a greedy opportunist? Sure. But the ends justify the means. ? 's wasn't even talking about what happened until Rev stepped in

Tell these quick to turncoat ? something Chi. The white man will put the boot to our neck ? and exploit us and we love it but let a ? get accused and we ready to put him to death
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options
    Sharpton is working with the white man you ? fools, thats my point. I dont care how much money he trying to make, fine get your paper but that ? is straight up CIA asset material. Do some ? research, follow the money. Yall dont look for truth, google NAN then you can argue me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like Sharpton and I agree with the conclusion made about Sharpton by the person behind that video. But that video is pretty much the definition of jaded journalism. He basically did his best to try and get them to say what he wanted them to say. Even as someone who is anti-Sharpton, I wouldn't give any credence to that video. It's way too biased.

All that said, these defenses of Shaprton's tactics are ridiculous. Just because his tactics can successfully accomplish a goal doesn't mean your methods are good. I could be responding to a hostage situation and given the mandate to take out the the perpetrator. One way to do that would be to just throw a grenade in the room and blow everybody up. Mission accomplished, everybody died including the hostage taker. So I did the job, but would we really call that good work? If Sharpton comes to down, drudges up a bunch of support for a cause, milks it, and then walks away with 90% of the fruits that were given to support that cause, how is that not ? up?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are quick to give Al Sharpton a pass because they feel like he is "at least doing something." The reality is that it is not in his best interest to do/solve anything. When money is the end goal you want to keep it coming.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Heres the knowledge or evidence for all those who wanna investigate on whether Al is really about the people or himself.
    Sharpton Annual Conference Again Heavily Corporate-Funded
    Whatever else might be said of Reverend Al Sharpton, when he throws a party, he does it in style. The 14th annual conference of his New York-based nonprofit National Action Network (NAN) last month in Washington, D.C. during April 11-14 was no exception. Once more, corporations and to a lesser extent unions paid most of the tab for a well-choreographed event that featured dozens of speakers and panelists eager to affirm the aggressive black identity politics of their host. The plenary address by Attorney General Eric Holder, followed by a panel on legal issues, amounted to a group manifesto for the arrest of George Zimmerman for the highly-publicized killing - evidence points toward self-defense - of a black Florida teen, Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman, to the delight of virtually all attendees, was arrested that day on a state second-degree murder charge.

National Legal and Policy Center repeatedly during the past several years has analyzed the troubling legacy of Al Sharpton, most thoroughly in a 2009 Special Report, "Mainstreaming Demagoguery: Al Sharpton's Rise to Respectability" (see pdf). Since the mid-Eighties "The Rev," as he is known, has amassed a long track record of demagoguery under the guise of social justice and civil rights. Typically, he serves as an "adviser" to a black family one of whose members is a victim of a crime allegedly committed by a white or group of whites. He is assuming this role with Trayvon Martin's parents. This is a major reason why the case has received so much nationwide publicity; the parents brought in Sharpton as their "adviser" precisely because of his ability to generate media coverage. Indeed, he and the couple shared the stage on day one of the conference......

Money, like brinksmanship and media coverage, is a key ingredient in Reverend Sharpton's movement into the American mainstream. From experience as well as instinct, Sharpton knows that the people running corporations, labor unions, philanthropies and other formal organizations can be coaxed into making donations to National Action Network. All it takes is the right mix of intimidation and flattery. Like Jesse Jackson, he sees corporate officials in particular as fearful of boycotts, demonstrations and anything other activity that could bring bad publicity and thus undercut profits. No company wants to be stigmatized as "racist." Donating to Sharpton amounts to a payoff - a civil rights tax, if one will. He's even willing to accept public criticism from his donors so long as they keep NAN coffers filled. He noted the irony in an interview with the Washington Post during this April's confab: "They bash me at Fox News. But they sponsor my conference." His comment was accurate. Fox News' parent company, The News Corporation, is listed in the program as a sponsor.

That brings us to the issue of the sponsors. According to National Action Network, sponsorship requires a minimum contribution of $5,000, though donations can run as high as $100,000. Corporations this time around included repeat donors such as American Honda, Coca-Cola, Ford Motor Company, Home Depot, McDonald's and Wal-Mart. Yet they also included newcomers such as Facebook and Mars Inc. Organized labor also made its presence known in the form of the National Education Association, the International Association of Machinists, the New York-based Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Locals 1199 and 32BJ, and the United Federation of Teachers, which is New York City's American Federation of Teachers affiliate. The following is a list, in alphabetical order, of all 42 sponsors:

Advent Capital
    All the Way Foundation, Dennis & Karen Mehiel
    American Honda Motor Company
    Ariel Investments, LLC
    AT&T
    Best Buy
    Black Entertainment Television(Viacom)
    Coca-Cola Company
    Comcast/NBCUniversal
    Con Edison
    CVS Caremark
    Entergy
    Facebook
    FedEx
    Ford Motor Company
    General Electric
    GlobalHue
    Home Depot
    Human Rights Campaign
    International Association of Machinists and
    Aerospace Workers
    Jackson Lewis LLP
    LawCash
    Macy's Inc.
    Mars Incorporated
    McDonald's
    NASCAR
    National Education Association
    Ira Newman
    The News Corporation
    OraSure Technologies Inc.
    PepsiCo
    Perennial Strategy Group
    SEIU Local 32BJ
    SEIU Local 1199
    ServiceMaster
    Sony Music
    Sports Medicine
    SUPERVALU
    United Federation of Teachers
    UPS Foundation
    Verizon
    Wal-Mart

The people who run these organizations genuinely believe that by donating funds to National Action Network, they are serving their own interests and those of business generally. We at National Legal and Policy Center believe they are wrong. Contributing money to a Sharpton-controlled nonprofit group merely buys a company time to avoid a bad reputation and a potentially costly "discrimination" lawsuit. What's more, it sends a signal to racial provocateurs like Sharpton that corporations everywhere are easy marks for shakedowns. Worst of all, it provides NAN with the money needed to carry on its never-ending war against "injustice" with a high degree of visibility and legitimacy.

National Action Network came into being in 1991 and has been holding annual conferences and accompanying "Keepers of the Dream" awards ceremonies since 1999 (Note: This year, the Keepers of the Dream banquet was held in New York City, separately from the conference, on April 18). Nobody is disparaging Sharpton's right to hold these events. But what should be disparaged is the fact that major organizations, especially corporations answerable to shareholders, are paying for them. If NAN wants to hold conferences, dues-paying members and other individuals should cover all expenses.
    nlpc.org/stories/2012/05/02/sharpton-annual-conference-again-heavily-corporate-funded
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea duh.

Think like this, how in the hell Al and Jesse are alive when Martin and Malcolm are not?

The real sacrificed, the fake did not.