Recreational Marijuana Now Legal In D.C.

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26/marijuana-legalization-dc_n_6753554.html
After months of debate, threats and uncertainty, recreational marijuana became legal in Washington, D.C., Thursday -- at least according to the city government.

Adults 21 and over may now legally use marijuana, possess up to two ounces and grow up to six marijuana plants in their homes for personal use. Marijuana sales remain illegal, but the District Council is considering a bill that would regulate and tax marijuana sales, similar to laws in Colorado and Washington state. Because of the city's unique oversight by Congress, it's unclear if any measure legalizing marijuana sales and regulation could go into effect before 2016.

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama sitting the Oval office right now smiling and puffing something sticky.

I can dig it.

• onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good now get the south on board
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All about tax revenue and keeping people doped up and asleep
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

A lot of places down South are suitable growing weed as a large scale crop. They'd be wise to get on board.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    All about tax revenue and keeping people doped up and asleep

You need more indica in your life.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trill as ? . Ain't gunna happen down here in Texas anytime soon doe smh 2 many right wing conservative craKKKas down here
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see legalization as a gift & a curse

of course it'll be nice not being harassed by the law, but I can only imagine the chemicals corporations will use to have it mass produced (like big tobacco companies)
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    police harassment will not change... ijs
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats funny is half the nggas will never be aware of this change.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

A lot of places down South are suitable growing weed as a large scale crop. They'd be wise to get on board.

Louisiana is ripe for farming that ? . Turnover them acres of sugar cane fields and get to work. A lot of people plant and farm little ? outta they backyards as well out there. But we've pretty much got the same problem DC has. Jindals ? is open to medicinal use, you can get a medical card, you can have it for medical reasons, but it's illegal to sell it. There are three or four tribes in the state that would be able to grow it, but none have mentioned it.

They shut the bill down for it last year, but it's suppose to get another run in April of this year. Lawyers, doctors, and patients all willing to testify for it, but the state used the excuse of it conflicting with federal laws. We'll see what happens this year.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all the large scale grows. The best option an entrepreneur has now imo is to purchase land to grow ? , which is being used instead of fiberglass to build some cars, and literally thousands of other things. I think thats definitely worth looking into. Also. Grow shops which i am doing actual research on. people that cant grow in their residence, rent a 2x2 space equipped with all the things they need to grow, minus nutes. Charge for the rental of the space. Hopefully ill be able to look for investors for that one soon.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all the large scale grows. The best option an entrepreneur has now imo is to purchase land to grow ? , which is being used instead of fiberglass to build some cars, and literally thousands of other things. I think thats definitely worth looking into. Also. Grow shops which i am doing actual research on. people that cant grow in their residence, rent a 2x2 space equipped with all the things they need to grow, minus nutes. Charge for the rental of the space. Hopefully ill be able to look for investors for that one soon.

Im stealing your idea bro
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marion Barry Be Like

7drHiqr.gif

Edit: Oh ? He Dead
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Im stealing your idea bro

We can all eat bro
  • Brian B.
    Options
    police harassment will not change... ijs

Of course me being a black male in America, I'm subject to harassment from police

but at least I'll be able to buy legally w/o worrying bout goin to jail for a plant
  • Brian B.
    Options

Not likely thanks to the lumber industry
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they do that in colorado or cali i think
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

they do that in colorado or cali i think

Which part?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    ? florida we lost our vote by 2%

hell yea

that ? ? , but i aint vote so i cant complain