• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    @Stew know he need to be in this thread

I do it cause I know some are afraid to do it.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    @Stew know he need to be in this thread

I do it cause I know some are afraid to do it.

translated: Outkast
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Bone Thugs, most of my friends used to clown me for liking them lol.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jay Electronica

I can understand if you don't like his style of hip-hop but for cats to say he's "wack" and then turn around co-signing Bobby Shmurda and Rae Sremmurd in the next breath is ridiculous
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like i said in the last time this topic was brought.
    Havent defended a rapper since high school. When i heard a ? say soulja boy is a top 5 rapper and better than nas, and then got head nods and cosigns i gave up in the black youth.

So you really came just to mention this

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja when 50 stans were crawling out the woodwork and sewers
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None.. wtf u got to defend a rapper for.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you guys swear up and down you don't defend artists when this whole forum is countless threads of ppl saying "so and so is wack" and the rest of the ppl saying "hell nah, so and so is nice."

That is defending.

I can pull posts on everyone in here (if I searched enough) doing this. So who you lying to abt you don't defend?
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't lie. I tried to do some explaining and rationalizing when Yezzus dropped. After the third day i just said ? and threw on LR.
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Laid my life down for the unit, also was a bodyguard for cashis when he came thruuu ny
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Oh some of you ? getting paid for what appears to be charitable work defending
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a forum. People have opinions. Some like certain rappers and others don't. Nothing wrong with having a debate on who U think is nice or a dope MC.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

It's a forum. People have opinions. Some like certain rappers and others don't. Nothing wrong with having a debate on who U think is nice or a dope MC.

Debate is different from defending. Debate leads to shared ideas; defending which normally happens here leads to rage, feelings, rage, titangraphs, rage, shock, laughter, more rage, questionable post, and more rage... Much, much more rage
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well i "like" Wale, but i aint bout to start a thread about why i think his music is dope

ya'll entitled to ya'lls opinions so...
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Debate is different from defending. Debate leads to shared ideas; defending which normally happens here leads to rage, feelings, rage, titangraphs, rage, shock, laughter, more rage, questionable post, and more rage... Much, much more rage
    Debate is a forum where two (or more) parties have different opinions and they defend them against the opposing view.

The definition of debate contains the idea of defending in it. There is no debate if you aren't defending.

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eminem
    biggie
    alot of my friends thought eminem was just corny, they didn't really get the lyricism and humour in it
  • Focal Point
    Options

Debate is a forum where two (or more) parties have different opinions and they defend them against the opposing view.

The definition of debate contains the idea of defending in it. There is no debate if you aren't defending.

Ok what I'm basically saying here is jokers here don't debate they become emotional without restraint and defend reactions and jokes.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    De La Soul.

When I was in high school they were a new group. Their first album dropped when I was in 10th grade. NWA came out around the same time. I thought they were both dope but polar opposites.

I remember saying I liked De La Soul and everybody laughed at me. It was around the time of the Me Myself and I video.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    De La Soul.

When I was in high school they were a new group. Their first album dropped when I was in 10th grade. NWA came out around the same time. I thought they were both dope but polar opposites.

I remember saying I liked De La Soul and everybody laughed at me. It was around the time of the Me Myself and I video.

? been calling you wack your whole life
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My former roommate said that she'd buy a lil flip album over tupac any day...

She almost caught them hands...