Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at ? tryna tell you what kind of music you have to like if you don't like this album becuz that can be the only explanation for why you wouldn't like this album..... Maybe just maybe some ? don't fill this ? is the end all be all of music *shrugs*

Bitter "Fetty Wap" fan post.

This ? was boo boo *Kendrick voice*
    Just like your life
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Damn even the founder of twitter cant get enough of this ? ....probably bumbin this ? while having an iced chai.. this is pure universal acclaim at this point
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just realized i dont have hood politics
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? tryna tell you what kind of music you have to like if you don't like this album becuz that can be the only explanation for why you wouldn't like this album..... Maybe just maybe some ? don't fill this ? is the end all be all of music *shrugs*

Just like your life

That's funny becuz you ole lady just told me otherwise *shrugs*
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Just like your life

My ? ......... You don't even like women

....cut it out
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Just like your life

....cut it out

The way you on kdots ? don't look like you're a fan of women yourself..... But I digress....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Just like your life

....cut it out

The way you on kdots ? don't look like you're a fan of women yourself..... But I digress....

Another ? talking about male ?

Smh & Lmao

Weirdo ? fam
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    The duluxe edition of TPAB will be my first physical hip hop purchase since Idlewild.
    I don't think there's even a deluxe edition, never mind a "duluxe" edition
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    On my 4th listen, this is a great album. Kendrick is 2 for 2. Jazz sax infused hip hop is like my favorite ? ever so obviously this will be in heavy rotation. Major respect to Kendrick for being fearless and putting out an album that sounds nothing like GKMC and is unapologetically black music. Favorite songs right now are:

Wesley's Theory - extra funky.

King Kunta- This the muthafuckin jam. Kendrick is not 2pac by any means but for some reason I picture Pac when he's screaming "AH YEA ? THE JUDGE/ MADE IT PAST TWENTY-FIIIIVE AND THERE I WAS"
    2PAC.gif
    (minus the making it past 25 smh) lil homie caught Pacs spirit for a minute

These Walls, For Sale?, Momma all super smooth. Even though Kendrick's voice on For Sale reminds me of Nas on "Who Killed It" lol

Hood Politics, Blacker The Berry, i, that Pac convo is a classic outro. ? it i rock with almost the entire album. "Alright" is cool but not feeling it as much as yall. Not a standout track to me.

Powerful album. All that said, some people are going overboard of course. Did I just read the phrase "album of the decade" earlier in the thread?

I'll put The Roots How I Got Over and Undun on the same level or higher than TPAB, to name a few off the top. I'm not even sure if it's better than GKMC yet. They're so different it's hard to compare and it's too early. This is in the AOTY conversation. And I'm not even sure it takes that title, with Lupe and maybe Kanye in the mix. My opinion could still change but I really don't think this is going to knock Lupe out of the top spot on my list for 2015. I'm already stressed about voting in that poll though lol because they are both crazy dope.

To ? a Butterfly is at least 8/10. Also nosign whoever said this is headphone music. I been enjoying this most in the whip on the ride home from work the past 4 days.

IMHO...
    Lol I hate when y'all ? do this ? . The review thread RIGHT DERE
  • GetoBoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just like your life

....cut it out

Smh & Lmao

Weirdo ? fam

? you like 15 huh??? ? hear another ? say you on somebody ? and start acting like a lil boy when they see a man kissing a woman.... You probably think girls still got cooties huh lil ? ??? 2015 ? is weak and extra homophobic smh old say no ? and pause after every sentence ass ?
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilarious how people not feeling the album are quickly dismissed in this thread. Nosign Opinions are very much not welcome here.

Anyway listened to this album and first time found myself skiping through tracks.Second time it grew on me more but the tracks that get replay are the into, alright, mortal man and Blacker the berry.His ferocious delivery on "Blacker the berry" really draws you in.It's been a while since a track has left me questioning an ideal.

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who go be a real ? n pm me a link
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Hilarious how people not feeling the album are quickly dismissed in this thread. Nosign Opinions are very much not welcome here.

Anyway listened to this album and first time found myself skiping through tracks.Second time it grew on me more but the tracks that get replay are the into, alright, mortal man and Blacker the berry.His ferocious delivery on "Blacker the berry" really draws you in.It's been a while since a track has left me questioning an ideal.

If people want to Nosign, it's there right. I myself think it's a masterpiece.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Just like your life

....cut it out

Smh & Lmao

Weirdo ? fam

? you like 15 huh??? ? hear another ? say you on somebody ? and start acting like a lil boy when they see a man kissing a woman.... You probably think girls still got cooties huh lil ? ??? 2015 ? is weak and extra homophobic smh old say no ? and pause after every sentence ass ?

#Cringe

Lotta words to explain why u talkin about male ? tho
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick is the best rapper and it's no competition imo
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Last week I was more into the first half of the album. Last day or so I'm into For Sale?, Momma, Hood Politics, How Much A Dollar Cost. It's like a rotation.

This feeling is unmatched
    This feeling is brought to you by adrenaline and good rap
    Black Pendleton ball cap

tupac-4eva-westside.gif

His choppy but spitfire flow on this :tu
  • Trollio
    Options
    Kendrick is the best rapper and it's no competition imo

either pm the link to the album or fight me
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First listen the album is dope to me, it finish off well cause the best songs are at the end of the album also. Im not going to go overboard and label it a classic, ill just leave it at that, I enjoyed it and plus I only heard it one time. Favorite songs are momma, blacker the berry, complexion( I love rapsody) and mortal man, Kendricks interview with the GOAT was GOAT.

Oh and also I like This version Of "I" better
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Just like your life

....cut it out

Smh & Lmao

Weirdo ? fam

#Cringe

Lotta words to explain why u talkin about male ? tho

Get off yo phone at school at come back when you hit puberty young one....
  • Trollio
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Last week I was more into the first half of the album. Last day or so I'm into For Sale?, Momma, Hood Politics, How Much A Dollar Cost. It's like a rotation.

Black Pendleton ball cap

tupac-4eva-westside.gif

pm me the link to this album
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »

Black Pendleton ball cap

tupac-4eva-westside.gif

pm me the link to this album

YouTube it fuckboi
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2w2oksh.jpg
    33u501c.jpg

Damn them KTT ? got every review up ... this ? is crazy ...never saw a mainstream rap album get this kind of universal praise from all types of publications aside from kanye ... i mean ... really at this point if you ain't ? with it ...its obvious that you are an outsider ... and thats cool ... but its clear you are an alternative ass ? ... living an alternative ass lifestyle ... i mean DAMN everybody ? with this ? on a heavy level... the people ...the critics ...the peers ...amazing body of work this record is

Good Lord