Anybody Ever Heard Of The Dark Web/The Silk Road

Options
IAmDopeSmoke
IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Silk Road is a website where u can buy and sell recreational drugs on the internet. its within the Dark Web basically meaning the website can't be traced by regular search engines. I've been using the dark web or dark internet for a min and found some interesting ? . Jst wondering if any of y'all have used it or heard of it.

Sn: u have to use the dark web in order to find the silk road and other secret websites that hide there IP address

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there was a big ass thoroughly detailed thread on this a couple years ago. Maybe you can search for that cause I doubt these ? will go in like that again. But obviously yeah I done heard of it and been on it, never actually purchased anything though.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Silk Road Is Dead. Long Live Silk Road Reloaded

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-13/what-road-never-ends-right-silk-road.html

Jan 13, 2015 12:07 PM ET

Silk Road, the infamous $1.2 billion Internet black market, was more than a highly successful bazaar for drugs, guns and hacking tools. Even as its alleged founder goes to trial today following the site's seizure by law enforcement in 2013, the website lives on as a case study in online organized crime and offers a blueprint that darknet entrepreneurs continue to follow.

The original Silk Road, which required a special program called Tor to access, was so influential that several copycats have adopted its name. Silk Road 2.0, which popped up after the original shut down, copied its predecessor so faithfully before it, too, was raided by police — from the administrator's pseudonym Dread Pirate Roberts to the logo, a green camel — that the sites were virtually indistinguishable. A new entrant called Silk Road Reloaded is the latest to carry the mantle.

More than a year after the U.S. shut down Silk Road and charged former Eagle Scout Ross William Ulbricht with running it, authorities are playing whack-a-mole against an expanding cast of imitator sites, which have capably filled the void, according to Dan Palumbo, research director of Digital Citizens Alliance, a Washington organization that studies Internet security issues including darknet marketplaces. When Silk Road was operating from 2011 to 2013, there were only a few such sites, but now there are at least a dozen, says Palumbo. And that's not counting the dozen or so that have already been shut down, including Silk Road 2.0. The two biggest currently are Evolution Marketplace and Agora Marketplace, which combined had more than 46,000 listings of drugs for sale as of last month, according to the Digital Citizens Alliance.

The illegal marketplaces are practically interchangeable. When one closes, another takes its place. While using the name Silk Road is no guarantee for success, some website operators choose a recognizable brand to get an advantage over their competitors. What can they lose? They're facing far more serious offenses than intellectual-property theft.

Police tend to go after the site operators, leaving individual buyers and sellers at less risk, Palumbo says. Users "just need to find another website. It shows you what law enforcement is up against. They've dealt significant blows to darknet drug markets over the past few years, but it's a pretty resilient group," he says. Despite relying on cloaking techonlogies such as Tor, the networks have been penetrated by investigators, and many site administrators have doomed themselves by making simple technological mistakes that helped police identify them. Prosecutors say that Ulbricht mistakenly logged onto a question-and-answer site for programmers called Stack Overflow using his real name and asked a question about connecting to Tor that later allowed them to connect him to Silk Road. They say he quickly realized the error and changed his username to "frosty."

While the risk is enormous, people keep creating these marketplaces because they're easy to set up and highly profitable, says Kevin Epstein, vice president of advanced security and governance for Proofpoint, a Sunnyvale, California, cyber-security firm. "Until a Silk Road-type site gets taken down in minutes to hours, versus months to years, it will be profitable, and criminals will continue to put those up," he says. "It's an absolute treadmill."

---

• IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Didn't know there where other silk roads I thought reloaded was the original
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    What is this dark web you speak of?
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    What is this dark web you speak of?

Pedos, gory ? , supposed hitmen, human trafficking, drug trafficking, instructions on how to make bombs, government secretes, and bunch more ? up ? . Also viruses if you are not careful apparently.
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My white friend used it...got a quarter of something ? strong and like 10 zans for like 100...? was love
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Get on TOR or stop fishing like a fed. This is bait as ? .

? I use TOR ? how u think I know abt it? An im 22 alittle young to be fed bruh I didn't even pass high school how imma pass being a fed lmao fck outta here b

wait..
    so h bought moms and pops a house and rent in atlanta a 5 bed 2 bath and u ONLY 22..

BUT aint the feds???

help me make this make sense my ? ?!?! PROMPTLY!!

Got my GED I didn't finish high school cuz I got to fighting a lot and skipped a lot I wasn't a perfect student but I wised up and straightened up. Really don't see why I should I explain myself but since u asked (shrug)
    Ip man wrote: »

? I use TOR ? how u think I know abt it? An im 22 alittle young to be fed bruh I didn't even pass high school how imma pass being a fed lmao fck outta here b

wait..
    so h bought moms and pops a house and rent in atlanta a 5 bed 2 bath and u ONLY 22..

BUT aint the feds???

T/S under pressure from the boss, gotta meet his arrest quota for last month..

Not even close u gotta try harder than that. I neva said I grew up silver spoon in my mouth I even stopped believing in ? at one point in life. Got locked up once. Not everybody on the I.C had it easy homie but please don't try my background like that
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not called silk road anymore.

Tried to get some Adderall for studying but the ? was too expensive.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

Got my GED I didn't finish high school cuz I got to fighting a lot and skipped a lot I wasn't a perfect student but I wised up and straightened up. Really don't see why I should I explain myself but since u asked (shrug)

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

Not even close u gotta try harder than that. I neva said I grew up silver spoon in my mouth I even stopped believing in ? at one point in life. Got locked up once. Not everybody on the I.C had it easy homie but please don't try my background like that

u STILL didnt explain urself...
    but okay...

• CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

but okay...

yooooo lol a 22y/o trying to tell ? how to live and spend money
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

but okay...

was u asking how i got my folks a house or how im not fed
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes you can buy drugs or order contract killers there
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    needmohoes wrote: »

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

wait..

BUT aint the feds???

but okay...

yooooo lol a 22y/o trying to tell ? how to live and spend money

Tru but u gotta admit being 22 with a 5 figure bank ain't bad especially when the min wage in ga is still 7 a hr I'm the only one in my graduation class whipping a Porsche while everyone else taken my order or baggin my groceries lol I ain't at boss level but I'll get there one day jst gotta grind hard
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    It's not called silk road anymore.

Tried to get some Adderall for studying but the ? was too expensive.

You're Batman. You're also Bruce Wayne.

So you telling me your ass too poor to buy ? ?

? outta here
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you made this thread? Really? You either FED or just a young ? tryin to floss knowledge. ? always gotta showboat. You got the internet ? ...go find out there you damn fashion model.
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    ? you made this thread? Really? You either FED or just a young ? tryin to floss knowledge. ? always gotta showboat. You got the internet ? ...go find out there you damn fashion model.

? I was jst asking a question it ain't dat deep
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Feds built Tor. True story.
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    ayo dumb ? ...................THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CAN'T BE TRACED WHILE ON THE INTERNET

Depends on who u are
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    ayo dumb ? ...................THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CAN'T BE TRACED WHILE ON THE INTERNET

Depends on who u are

no it don't

Some people are so good at hacking and hiding there identity there never caught