CW's iZombie (3•17•15)

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
dltgbigt0oyayt3nywbb.jpg

A medical student who becomes a zombie joins a Coroner's Office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. But every brain she eats, she inherits their memories, also, their tendencies. Now she uses her abilities to solve their deaths with help from the Medical examiner and a police detective.

Anyone catch this? Currently watching, I'll drop my thoughts later. It's based off the comic, I haven't read or heard about it.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a good comedy
  • VIBE
    Options
    It starts off quick into zombie mode. She's working at a hospital, after work, goes to a party, a new drug causes this zombie outbreak, seemingly instantaneously. She's not bitten but scratched.

They bag her body but she comes "alive". No one knows she's dead, or undead, whichever.

She quits her job as an ER nurse, breaks off her engagement and decides to work at a morgue due to her thirst for brains.

She finds out she gets visions of the deceased, which helps her solve the murders. She ends up working with a detective, he's under the impression she's a psychic. (she also picks up their tendencies.)

i know its the first episode and they'll go back and cover what they just skimmed over. It just throws you into everything so quickly. There's no build up or anything, you don't know her life as a human, just as a zombie.

I liked the first episode, though, overall. I'll catch this whole season.

I'm gonna check out the comic.

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It wasn't too bad and I'm intrigued as to this mental link to the other zombies out there.
  • VIBE
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    It wasn't too bad and I'm intrigued as to this mental link to the other zombies out there.

Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that.. That was the dude who infected her.

It's obvious he plays the bad zombie, while she plays the good
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this show is reminds me of a less serious more supernatural veronica mars
    turns out the guy who created this show also made veronica mars and party down
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this added to Hulu. gonna check out later today. Boo @ it being a CW show.