The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olivia Munn's confirmed to play Psylocke

she probably still ouchea ? for roles

Where'd you hear this from?!?!?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @broddie what's a "bean counter mentality"?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @broddie what's a "bean counter mentality"?
    Beans are a cheap commodity, so to count them is a rather silly thing to do. A "bean counter" is one who nitpicks over small things in order to save costs. It is a derogatory term for accountants, bankers, and anyone who holds a financial interest in an endeavor.

The Saturn ION's oil filter housing is cheap plastic because bean counters decided that a metal one was too expensive
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olivia Munn's confirmed to play Psylocke

she probably still ouchea ? for roles

say it aint soo my nigg
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

CCGZv_cUgAAWqBj.jpg:large

If ever a picture completely embodied the spirit and demeanor of a character...

Things are looking bright for Deadpool. It has potential to become a modern day classic. Can't wait for the eventual scene where he's watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Fox is making this, right?

Yes and they haven't had their biggest obstacle of the past (Tom Rothman) anchoring them for years now. The new execs actually allow people to make watchable superhero movies now.

I want to believe,but they still can't get X-men right.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This movie looks good honestly. Doom and the effects of the others members look great.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Know it had my interests for real
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    This movie looks good honestly. Doom and the effects of the others members look great.

I have to agree. I'm still shocked at black Torch but still the trailers so far have been great. Hope they don't dwell on origins style of movie and get right to the action asap. A 1.5hr of how they became powered is not needed especially since two movies are already out.

I've been skeptical about it from the beginning but it really doesn't look that bad. I've been reading some comments from other sites just to see how people are reacting and some are okay with it while others still have an issue with Storm being black. Usually because he's black or that Marvel doesn't own it which people just have to deal with it are normally what I keep seeing.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I don't care that marvel doesn't have it anymore . Fox clearly got their ? together after the ? that was wolverine origins . And the other shut they ? up in.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall crying over psylocke who started a white woman, then turned Asian for white means fetish and is now more white in the movie?

The ? is a white girl trapped in a Asian body

Ohh and I liked the F4 trailer, white tears i want to drink them
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    F4 look a million times better than that ? from a couple years ago.

Ill check it out. I like the tone
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks terrible to me

a ? adopted a white girl , man gtfoh ?

I'm with you, still not interested
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

? .... This ? got me geeked.

From what I'm hearing from media insiders who got to see avengers last week, Avengers may be the best overall movie of 2015, but Fantastic Four might have the best storytelling and acting.

Before y'all 'wtf' me, they're saying Avengers is straight action without the deep layer of story that The Winter Soldier had. It looks like F4 will have that, plus some.

Fox Studios got has their ? together, and they're doing it without Marvel. I don't think that's anything to look down upon. (Unlike the fuckboys at Sony)
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks terrible to me

a ? adopted a white girl , man gtfoh ?

Word, this ? looks stupid as ? , LMFAO.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Y'all don't know what y'all talking about. That trailer looks straight doo-doo grits. It looks like it will be just as bad or worse than the original F4.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes and they haven't had their biggest obstacle of the past (Tom Rothman) anchoring them for years now. The new execs actually allow people to make watchable superhero movies now.

Elaborate on that playboy.

olivia-munn-live-wallpaper-1-1-s-307x512.jpg

Who didn't see this coming? Pyslocke getting whitewashed and I really don't think X-Men: Apocalypse is going to contain Besty having her essence transferred into an Asian chick. Ole girl does kinda look like Psylocke, but I would have preferred a more ethnic looking chick and from what y'all are saying ole girl can't act, but hey at least she'll be fun to look at.

You do know Olivia munn is half Asian right? I don't ever remember osylocke being Asian either Betsy Braddock is captain brittains sister. She was kidnapped and brainwashed by the hand that's why she's a ninja nowadays.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why people say Munn is bad actress. She holds her own on Newsroom, and thats a show loaded with great actors and tough dialogue. She atleast looks the part, which is already half the battle when it comes to Fox's subpar superhero movies.

Speaking of, F4 looks like another case of "not actually good, just better than the trash that came before, which isnt saying much"...just like First Class and DoFP.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've never seen Newsroom. I'm speaking strictly of what I've seen her in. A couple of Broken Lizard movies and Deliver Us From Evil. She seems to struggle with delivering her lines and comes across as pretty wooden and uninterested in those.

CCGZv_cUgAAWqBj.jpg:large

If ever a picture completely embodied the spirit and demeanor of a character...

Things are looking bright for Deadpool. It has potential to become a modern day classic. Can't wait for the eventual scene where he's watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Fox is making this, right?

I want to believe,but they still can't get X-men right.

I thought the last X-Men was actually pretty good. Found the one before it to be boring as ? and I never finished it but they can't always knock them out of the park. They usually just settle for line drives and that's ok too.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I actually thought Rise of the Silver Surfer was nowhere near as bad as people on the internet made me think it would be. I saw the last 30 min on FX or some ? the other night and I thought it felt more like the Fantastic Four than the original movie ever did.

I was expecting a bigger bastardization than the original which is a movie I loathed. Instead I get Super Skrull setups, The Thing finally acting like The Thing, Reed coming across as a competent scientist and Doom being all Doomsy with Silver Surfer's board. I'm not crying that we won't ever see a follow up but it's just another example of the blind cynicism and their biases clouding any objectivity when it comes to the internet message board superhero movie fan community.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually thought Rise of the Silver Surfer was nowhere near as bad as people on the internet made me think it would be. I saw the last 30 min on FX or some ? the other night and I thought it felt more like the Fantastic Four than the original movie ever did.

I was expecting a bigger bastardization than the original which is a movie I loathed. Instead I get Super Skrull setups, The Thing finally acting like The Thing, Reed coming across as a competent scientist and Doom being all Doomsy with Silver Surfer's board. I'm not crying that we won't ever see a follow up but it's just another example of the blind cynicism and their biases clouding any objectivity when it comes to the internet message board superhero movie fan community.

Reason #1 Galactus was a cloud. All that buildup just to see silver surfer fight a cloud.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Reed Richards dance scene encompassed everything I didn't like about those movies. They had redeemable qualities though.

If Fox does bring F4 and X Men together, they can make a great Universe with Apocalypse and Galactus and his various heralds being domestic intergalactic threats with the heroes stuck in the middle of an all out brawl for survival of the planet.

Fox has work to do. But it CAN work.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) talks here about his role in X-Men: Apocaylpse as the titular villain, revealing new details about how the Four Horsemen are recruited, the character's look and powers, and also why he makes his presence felt in 1983...

Not much is known about X-Men: Apocalypse other than the fact that it's going to feature a hell of a lot of mutants, but Oscar Isaac has revealed some new details about the movie in an interview with IGN. They kicked the interview off by asking him about Apocalypse's relationship with his Four Horsemen, and it sounds like it's going to be an interesting process. "Without giving anything away, the recruitment of the Four Horsemen is very cool. It's very interesting the way that he does that. You know the idea of - the way that cult leaders do - they find people that are in need of something and try to fulfill that thing in them - as it relates to every one of the Horseman."

Apocalypse sounds quite human then, but will he look that way too? Mentioning the fact that the villain can change his form at will, the site asked Isaac about whether he's excited to possibly explore multiple facets of Apocaypse's appearance. "Absolutely. And at the same time figuring out what the limits are and how it relates to how he moves and what it costs him. That's always a fun thing. So to be able to sit with [writer/producer] Simon Kinberg and - as a fan - just go through it and be like, 'Well what about this!?! You know, this is something that he does in the comics and is there a way to incorporate this? Or if he has this power suddenly how do we make that not come out of nowhere?' So it's really fun to map that thing out. But yes, the nature of how his powers manifest themselves is to a certain extent quite open to interpretation. Because there are so many and they are so vast." It could be that this take on the villain will definitely be sticking to the comic books, something which will be a nice change in Bryan Singer's X-Men movies.

As for the new plot details we mentioned, the actor had this to say about what to expect from Apocalypse's arrival. "On an individual level he's able to reveal the true power of his Horsemen and what's true to them. And I think to reveal the weakness - how weak we've become. Because this is an ancient entity. So to come to - I think 1983 - and say, 'How did the world become so weak? How did we allow ourselves to become to weak and to enslave ourselves.' I think that's where he's coming from." What do you think? Share your thoughts on these comments below!
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Sounds like ? but ok. 1983 x men really???
  • Broddie
    Options
    Why is 1983 such a surprise? it's the direct sequel to a movie that was set in the 1970's.