If you had to do 15+ years in prison, no parole, would you join a prison gang?

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
nothing you can do about it, no consideration for parole for atleast 15 years, and that's with good behavior.....you've already made a few acquaintances and the talk about you joining something has come up more than once....what do you do?

If you had to do 15+ years in prison, no parole, would you join a prison gang? 47 votes

first opportunity i'm down with whoever
14%
TheEyeronic1Idiopathic JokerIgot5onitKamPushMeLUClENLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYMike. 7 votes
i have family or close friends in a gang or a group, so being connected it makes sense
10%
miamivice305leftcoastkev700HafBaykedInglewood_B 5 votes
only if it's a religious group....
14%
  Colin$mackabi$hbkkbullyKnightryderDirty SanchezBilly_Poncho32DaysOfInfinitiyahwehprofet 7 votes
completely situational...let me explain
17%
Bender Rodrigueznawledge_godqawshunIp manPiffyHazeG.AvantTymoney19Bazz-B 8 votes
never i'd die first...i came in this ? alone, imma do my time alone, imma leave alone
42%
playmaker88bigduece69mryounggunilledoutbless the childKLICHECainAjackson17Built 4 cuban linxWhoisDonG???Young GunnerLurkdogAchilles[Deleted User]saracenwireThaNubianGodRum Middleton Ghost313REV_RAGEonthaflySmokey Tha Bandit 20 votes

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No for none of those reason above though
  • Dupac
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

then explain....
  • Dupac
    Options
    nah keep my head down keepin it movin your beef aint never gonna be my beef

Beleeeeeeeeee dat

so what if you see a bunch of guys you went to school with in there?

you'd have no intentions of keeping it cool with them?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    never i'd die first...i came in this ? alone, imma do my time alone, imma leave alone
    Keeping it cool at arms length.. the head nod 5 minute rap.. and the meaningless hit me up every time i see em
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea. Wouldnt be whoever though. Most def keeping an open eye for BGF tho.
  • Dupac
    Options
    i always wondered..and i'm honestly not 100% sure...i know quite a few people connected that are friends and family....i wouldn't necessarily look for help or support, but i'm not sure i would turn it down if it was someone i had history with at some point in time....
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus if your from Cali and you hit the state pen and your banging your sent to a level 4. Niccas ain't ready for that.

Every day is a ball of tension between sets from home you may have beef with. And the messicans. They stay set tripping through numbers and everyday is a hostel one
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I felt sorry for lil buddy on that movie Lockdown smh...

• REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be alright as long as the AB's don't ride me to sign, if that happens I will probally have to spend a good portion of time in solitary. Not really a concern of mine as I keep my head low and my business to myself on the outside, county is about as far as mine would go reguardless, if that.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me reiterate my previously expressed view that these sorts of threads do not help uplift us. Seriously.

So with all du respect, ? this thread.

That is all.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking on behalf of someone who was active as a crip and been locked down I would advice you NOT to bang in jail and walk your time down in gen pop. Mind your biz and walk and straight line . I was already down years before I hit the main line and when the set say you gotta ride that what it is. Zero questions asked even though you know it's some ? .

If your a youngster hitting the main line your bait unless your earn your stripes or your connected.

Dusty ass crip
  • D. Morgan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

then explain....

Gangs are ? and always have been.

People get so much ? ? up from movies and hearsay from fake ass people.

Fact of the matter everybody needs somebody to have your back while you in but a gang is not the way to go.

A gang will put you on a straight ? crash out and burn mission and if you say no you ? up. With the gang and the people who they have beef with.

Get with some cool no sucka ass men and yall just look out when its needed.

We all have friends and family some that are willing to do things and others are not. I respect a person who knows their limits.

It always been with me and mine if you don't want to do it cool you still going to be my homie. In a gang the people who say they love you and ? with you. If you say no for whatever reason then now its no love and you the enemy and a anything ass ? to them now.

Thats not loyalty or having love for me cause I won't do what you telling me or want me to do.

Also unless you a leader, lower level gang members have to put in they own work ain't nobody going to do it for you. So ? not as sweet as yall think it is.
  • Dupac
    Options

then explain....

Fact of the matter everybody needs somebody to have your back while you in but a gang is not the way to go.

A gang will put you on a straight ? crash out and burn mission and if you say no you ? up? With the gang and the people who they have beef with.

We all have friends and family some that are willing to do things and others are not. I respect a person who knows their limits.

It always been with me and mine if you don't want to do it cool you still going to be my homie. In a gang the people who say they love you and ? with you. If you say no for whatever reason then now its no love and you the enemy and a anything ass ? to them now.

Thats not loyalty or having love for me cause I won't do what you telling me or want me to do.

Also unless you a leader, lower level gang members have to put in they own work ain't nobody going to do it for you. So ? not as sweet as yall think it is.
    good post.....

? 's always strange to me, cuz everybody i know that came home basically left that ? behind them... but they always said when they was inside they had to run with a group...
  • D. Morgan
    Options

then explain....

A gang will put you on a straight ? crash out and burn mission and if you say no you ? up? With the gang and the people who they have beef with.

good post.....

? 's always strange to me, cuz everybody i know that came home basically left that ? behind them... but they always said when they was inside they had to run with a group...

You do but it don't have to be a gang.

That gang ? will take a ? with 3 yr sentence and turn that ? into a life bid just cause they put you on a crash and burn mission.

If you don't do it then now you got beef with your gang and the gang they was beefing with cause the other gang not trying to hear that "You not with that ? no more"
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put me in pc, I ain't got time for ? to be scheming on my commissary...I'm trynna do this 13 and a half and be gone(doc time is 10 months per year in va)
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are several factors that come into play. first if ur doing a 15 year bid its possible u may be sent to a prison with lifers. these are older dudes who dont care much about new gangs over here on the east coast like bloods and crips. they didnt exist when we ran the streets so if u come in claiming a set ur probably gonna get the ? beat outta u cuz a old ? with nothing but time aint gonna care how many stars u have.

also u might have lil movement. back in the day there was free movement but now u have prisons that have no movement so its no need for a gang affliation.

bottom line is if u scared to go in the box then dont do the crime. u can try ur hardest to get down with ? in the box but if u ? they gonna smell a mile away and will literally beat u to death. punks get nothing but a beat down so if u was ? in the street then stay outta harms way in the box.