STEP CHILDREN STEP PARENT

Options
Rum Middleton
Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Any of you guys have step children? Do they call you dad/mom or your name?

I got married to a woman with a child already, known him since he was four, he's Bout to be 10 in a few weeks. I have 2 kids wit her and expecting a third. He calls me by my name and that's fine, I don't want to put pressure on him and make him call me Dad, it would be nice though.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a stepdad.

My real dad disappeared since I was an infant so I call him Dad.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im a stepchild..

my pops been in my life since i was 2.. and he has 2kids wit my moms.. i call him by his name but i refer to him as my dad.. if that makes any sense..

im also raising a 14yr old who iv been around since he was 7.. he calls me dad when we're out to ? me off... dont be callin me that ? ! hahaha

one time this lady swore he looked jus like me.. we both looked at each other and laughed..

my father wasnt in my life until i got older.. but i always knew i had a father.. and regardless of the situation im apart of him and he was apart of me... as i kid i didnt know how to articulate that point.. but as an adult i understand and would never try to be that wit my girl's son.. regardless how we feel about his dad thats still his dad..

u gotta jus accept it and respect it..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My step dad got together with my mom when i was 6. Prolly started calling him dad when i was 9 at my moms request. It eventually just stuck. We never really got a long though lol. We're civil with eachother.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    My step dad got together with my mom when i was 6. Prolly started calling him dad when i was 9 at my moms request. It eventually just stuck. We never really got a long though lol. We're civil with eachother.

shiiiiiit.. yo moms better then mines..
    i grew up callin mines dad and she even changed my last name...

as i got older and started thinkin for myself i got ? .. changed my last name back and stop callin my stepdad "dad".. i felt manipulated.. and whats funny is had she have asked me i probably wouldve went along wit it..
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a stepson but he was 12 when me and his moms got together. He's 18 now so Naw he don't call me dad. ? would be kinda weird if he did.
  • topoftheworld
    topoftheworld Members Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is your relationship like with him? what is his relationship like with his birth father?

do you treat him as you do your birth children?

how does your extended family treat him?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? with this woman right now who has kids. Personally, I'm not letting any kid call me dad if their real dad is in the picture in any shape form or fashion.
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence...you're raising a 14 yr old as your son? Why do you get mad when he calls you Dad in public?
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    im a stepchild..

my pops been in my life since i was 2.. and he has 2kids wit my moms.. i call him by his name but i refer to him as my dad.. if that makes any sense..

im also raising a 14yr old who iv been around since he was 7.. he calls me dad when we're out to ? me off... dont be callin me that ? ! hahaha

one time this lady swore he looked jus like me.. we both looked at each other and laughed..

my father wasnt in my life until i got older.. but i always knew i had a father.. and regardless of the situation im apart of him and he was apart of me... as i kid i didnt know how to articulate that point.. but as an adult i understand and would never try to be that wit my girl's son.. regardless how we feel about his dad thats still his dad..

u gotta jus accept it and respect it..

Makes sense because when he talks to my other kids, he says Daddy wants you or Daddy said stop and when he's talking to his friends, he's like there's my Dad when I pick him up from school...
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence

Everybody thinks he's mine anyways because he's my color LOL

his Dad is full black, I'm half black and white my wife is Mexican so my kids are kinda light except him...people also say he looks like me...? don't look ? like me, he don't look like his mama neither...he looks like his real Dad.

• CapitalB
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence...you're raising a 14 yr old as your son? Why do you get mad when he calls you Dad in public?

i shouldve clarified...
    not literally mad.. but dude is awkward as hell.. i tease him..

be like "if u was my son ud have ? ..." so in public he'll act weird and be like "dad!" i be like dont call me that. hahaha

we jus be ? around..
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of you guys have step children? Do they call you dad/mom or your name?

I got married to a woman with a child already, known him since he was four, he's Bout to be 10 in a few weeks. I have 2 kids wit her and expecting a third. He calls me by my name and that's fine, I don't want to put pressure on him and make him call me Dad, it would be nice though.

Any thoughts on this?

My daughter has always called my bf by his first name, he was around her at 3 and she's now close to 8.

I think it might come down to you having a talk with him. Maybe if he knows you want him to call you dad he'll be happy to hear it.

Is his biological dad in the picture?
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    what is your relationship like with him? what is his relationship like with his birth father?

do you treat him as you do your birth children?

how does your extended family treat him?

I do treat him like my own...he might think that I'm a little harder on him but it's only cause he's older. But his biological Dad is not in the picture. He saw him as an infant for like 30 mins, then at 2 for a little bit.. but the last time he saw him was when he was 4 and my son didn't even want to spend the night wit him.
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    But my parents treat him like he's their Grandson too..especially my Pops because he came into my life when I was 15 and I got 2 little sisters and they call him Dad.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shiiiiiit.. yo moms better then mines..
    i grew up callin mines dad and she even changed my last name...

as i got older and started thinkin for myself i got ? .. changed my last name back and stop callin my stepdad "dad".. i felt manipulated.. and whats funny is had she have asked me i probably wouldve went along wit it..

Haha shiiit. I remember when my parents were gonna get married my mom came downstairs and asked if I wanted to change my name to the dudes last name. I said hell nah, thats when she asked if I could atleast call him dad and she gave me some guilt trip on how hes providing for me and I aint ever gonna see my bio dad again (which I knew, we left him) so i said ? it, sure.

My step dads a great guy, but his personality and my personality just do not get along at all. We grew up completely different and he would try pushing that ? on me and i would fight him for it. 40% of the reason for me not changing my name though was because his last name is Hintermeister. Lol German ? .
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ain't bad. My stepson @R.D. might be a punk ? , but he makes me and his mother the best ziti and fish.
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Options

My girl be telling him to call me Dad when we're in public...she be clownin talking bout "People don't need to know about my business. They gonna think I'm a ? ." cause all three are different shades LOL
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here go @dwade206 LOL

hoes gon be hoes
  • dwade206
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Here go @dwade206 LOL

hoes gon be hoes

Ain't nothing like busting epic nuts in ya momma's mouth and then having some ziti and fish. Which reminds me, get in that kitchen ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My stepfather is a punk ass ? who I had to smack so ? him
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Here go @dwade206 LOL

hoes gon be hoes

Ain't nothing like busting epic nuts in ya momma's mouth and then having some ziti and fish. Which reminds me, get in that kitchen ? .

I hope it gets funnier...this schtick getting stale for you
  • dwade206
    Options
    I ain't even swanging them thangs, I'm hollerin 187 with my gat in ya mouf, ? .