'I'm Lucky To Be Living': Video Shows Cops Brutally Beating Unarmed Black Man In Michigan

Options
desertrain10
desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
The violent arrest of an African-American motorist by two white police officers in Inkster, Michigan, was caught on video and shows police brutally beating a man who claims he did nothing wrong.

Inskter police officers said they pulled over 57-year-old Floyd Dent for violating a traffic violation in January. The dashcam video, which was obtained by WDIV and released Tuesday, shows Dent opening the door to his car only to be met by an officer who draws his gun and aims it directly at him. Officers dragged Dent out of the vehicle, forced him face down to the ground and put him in a chokehold.

"I'm lucky to be living. I think they was trying to ? me, especially when they had choked me," Dent told WDIV. "I mean, I was on my last breath. I kept telling the officer, 'Please, I can't breathe.'"

According to police reports obtained by the TV station, the primary officer served 16 punches to Dent’s head, leaving his face ? and body bruised. More officers arrived to the scene and attempted to place Dent in handcuffs. The video shows Dent attempting to cover his face to lessen the impact of the punches, while one officer uses a stun gun on him three times and a third tries to place him in handcuffs.

Police said they pulled Dent over for failing to make a complete halt at a stop sign. Dent, who was unarmed and has no criminal record, said he was not intentionally trying to get away, and video shows him driving at the same speed while cops followed behind him. Dent's account of the altercation differs significantly from that of police, who said that Dent threatened to ? the officers and bit one of them during the incident. However, police have not produced any recording of the threat or photographs of the alleged bite marks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/25/violent-arrest-floyd-dent_n_6941714.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCNDHYfcVvo

SMH

One of the officers had been previously fired from the Detroit Police Department for falsifying police reports ...how this... his punishment so far? desk duty

For all the Detroit folk there will be a rally for Floyd Dent and all victims of police brutality Wednesday April 1, 2015 4:30-6:30pm INKSTER POLICE STATION

Comments

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    already been a thread TS, but good looking on the rally info. I will be there!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw this on the news
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/inkster-police-floyd-dent-beating
    VIDEO: Police Celebrate, Joke After Allegedly Beating Man At Traffic Stop

Video obtained by a Detroit television station and published Sunday appeared to show police fist-bumping and imitating a man they’d allegedly beaten during a traffic stop.

In the video obtained by WDIV, the Inkster, Michigan police officers appeared to celebrate as they wiped off their hands and uniforms.

Greg Rohl, the lawyer for the man who was arrested, told WDIV the officers were wiping off blood and were joking around while his client, Floyd Dent, was just feet away in need of medical attention.

At one point in the video, one of the officers sprawled out on a bench and appeared to flail his arms. Rohl alleged the officer was imitating Dent’s behavior during the beating, which took place on Jan. 28.

The video wasn't originally included in footage turned over to Dent's defense, according to WDIV. After seeing the video, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy dropped charges that had been brought against Dent and instead brought charges against one of the officers who had allegedly choked and punched Dent in the head during the traffic stop.

The chief of police in Inkster reportedly resigned after the incident and officers seen on tape at the scene of the beating and at the police station are reportedly being investigated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc9hkwcQ8A
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/inkster-police-floyd-dent-beating
    VIDEO: Police Celebrate, Joke After Allegedly Beating Man At Traffic Stop

Video obtained by a Detroit television station and published Sunday appeared to show police fist-bumping and imitating a man they’d allegedly beaten during a traffic stop.

In the video obtained by WDIV, the Inkster, Michigan police officers appeared to celebrate as they wiped off their hands and uniforms.

Greg Rohl, the lawyer for the man who was arrested, told WDIV the officers were wiping off blood and were joking around while his client, Floyd Dent, was just feet away in need of medical attention.

At one point in the video, one of the officers sprawled out on a bench and appeared to flail his arms. Rohl alleged the officer was imitating Dent’s behavior during the beating, which took place on Jan. 28.

The video wasn't originally included in footage turned over to Dent's defense, according to WDIV. After seeing the video, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy dropped charges that had been brought against Dent and instead brought charges against one of the officers who had allegedly choked and punched Dent in the head during the traffic stop.

The chief of police in Inkster reportedly resigned after the incident and officers seen on tape at the scene of the beating and at the police station are reportedly being investigated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc9hkwcQ8A

Not surprised in the least. The part that gets me are the one who defend them without hesitation and have an excuse at every turn.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? pigs.. I had been following the story. I knew the Police chief resigned and the officer was fired and charged.. but of course they not charging him with the ? possession after he tried to plant that ? on Dent.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, that's ? .
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lol.
    Defense attorney David Lee tells reporters the assault charge is excessive. He says Melendez is "upbeat" despite the controversy.

Melendez has been fired as an officer in Inkster and Highland Park.
    William-Melendez-mugshot-jpg.jpg
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no clue as to why he opened the door b/c that's kinda asking for some fuckery (unless they asked him to which I doubt), but either way them muhphucka's are straight savages.

They have the man cuffed, but yet tazing him like he's a threat while the other punk punching him like he Roddy Piper on the ring post.

? is disgustin'!
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, so yiu telling me cops are just pulling over random ? and beating tf outta them with absolutely no justification? Is that how they doing us? If so then its gotten very scary for black men like myself
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, so yiu telling me cops are just pulling over random ? and beating tf outta them with absolutely no justification? Is that how they doing us? If so then its gotten very scary for black men like myself

I hope this was sarcasm
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where the ? ? at???
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    ? ? pigs.. I had been following the story. I knew the Police chief resigned and the officer was fired and charged.. but of course they not charging him with the ? possession after he tried to plant that ? on Dent.

right
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jesus christ at the vid.. thank ? for video tape