‘Go Back To Slavery’: Georgia Lecturer Goes Berserk, Punches Uber Driver During N-word Rant

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
stober1-800x430.jpg

A Kennesaw State University business lecturer is under investigation by Georgia authorities for yelling racist epithets and assaulting a local Uber driver.

Chiddi Stober, who teaches history in Rockdale County, told WSB-TV that he was working at his part-time job as an Uber driver earlier this month when a passenger refused to get out of the car.

“It was just getting from bad to worse and that is just when I needed to call 911,” Stober explained.

In audio of the 911 call obtained by WSB-TV, the passenger can be heard repeatedly calling Stober the n-word.

“The customer just assaulted me,” the driver tells the 911 dispatcher.

“Go back to slavery, man,” the passenger says.

“The customer just damaged my vehicle!” Stober exclaims. “The customer is assaulting me, the customer is assaulting me… He just punched me in the face.”

Stober explained to WSB-TV that the suspect “reached forward, he was sitting right behind me, that’s the point where he hit me right then.”

“I couldn’t understand why a person who doesn’t even know me could be using such kind of language,” he added.

Dunwoody police were reportedly investigating the incident, but no charges had been filed.

Stober said that the man worked as a lecturer at Kennesaw State University, where he taught students about business. WSB-TV declined to identify the suspect because he had not been charged.

The suspect’s attorney, Jill Polster, said in a statement that her client was embarrassed about the incident.

“The recording speaks for itself. When made aware off the statements made by him as heard on the recorder, (her client) was mortified,” the statement said. “He is deeply ashamed and sorry for the derogatory language he used towards Mr. Stober during the episode.”

Comments