Would you date a woman who...

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is into environmentalism, and preserving the planet and not into material wealth, and likes to live it simple, but also looks fine..

I been chatting to this bird who is just that. No idea what could be made of all this. Maybe nothing. Not sure if this "save the planet" thing is for me. I mean I try respect the planet and all, but if someone sees it as their calling or duty to do so day in day out.. do you think you could mesh with them?

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it would be a bad thing. I mean it's not like she's trying to pressure you to do drugs or something.

If you like her otherwise then try to see it with an open mind.

Now if she's the preachy type nagging you every time you do something that's not exactly environmentally friendly..that ? would get old.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So your saying your dream girl consists of "ratchet" smh.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as she aint the type to leave a large log in the tiolet because she is trying to save water...and obviously showers and uses deo....lol

That would be a deal breaker...
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This ? banging Lisa Simpson.

Nah but seriously though, if she want environmentally safe deodorant, that Toms brand is koo (no aluminum content). If she into water conservation by means of no showers then sorry for you loss. You can't dry clean these hoes. If she take showers everyday, use flouridated toothpaste, can't afford mostly organic foods, and loves aerosols hairsprays and carrying ? in plastic bags then start pointing that ? out and make her feel bad about being part of the problem and faking it. Tell her about the California water drought and all the pesticides they gotta spray for them cheap foods and how other plants die and ? . Tell her about aerosol sprays and global warming and how the polar bears is all ? up cuz the ice is meltin. Then go conspiracy mode and tell her about chemtrails and the ozone layer....and HAARP while u at it. Make her feel hopeless about the ? , like ? it. She'll hopefully disband that ? , then you can mentally mold her into being a person who is conscious of the ? but okay with living simple (a win/win for u). You won't have to hear that heal the world ? or spend no money on the broad.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would date to see how she rolls. I like different. Too many broads out here are the same as any other worldly broad. But if it isn't your type, skip on it. Don't hang around cause she fine. Don't waste each other's time.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    met a chick who was like that. was good looking. but she told me she didnt use DEO...she rubbed a lime in her armpits as her "natural" deo.

needless to say i still beat and dodged her phone calls decided to just be friends from a distance
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she has a passionate interest.....so her attention might be diverted....

when chicks don't got ? going on in their life....they can put their all into a love interest....some dudes prefer that..
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on how she goes about it.

If she's so "environmentally conscious" that is becomes annoying or unsanitary, then obviously there'd be an issue.
    If she just wants to eat organic foods, use organic products, and asks for paper bags at the grocery store, then there'd be no issue..
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work with a chick like that she fine af but she came into work a couple weeks ago smelling musty af like she just got finished ? and ? . Seemed like she tried to spray perfume over it but it just mixed the smell instead of covering it. Straight disgust. Found out after work that she don't shave her armpits only takes 1-2 showers a week and ? like that. Could still smell it the next morning on my jacket when I went to get a haircut. Had to cut her off the list. Lazy ass white girls.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    So she don't use deodorant and skimps on showers..... Have fun with that bruh.

A Moist Towellette To The ? And I'm ? '

hqdefault.jpg
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone should be more environmentally conscious, she could be a good influence on me (if I was into dating). I would disagree with her if she ascribed to the deep ecology view ; that the environment and ecological harmony is worth preserving for it's own sake but it wouldn't be a 'turn off'. I don't care about the planet, environmental issues only matter to me to the extent that they impact humans and other animals. It would be a turn off if she didn't ascribe to the idea of animal equality and consider all animals to be persons. At the very least she should have some degree of respect and compassion for all non-human animals, even if she cares more about human beings or has some of the same speciesist attitudes that the vast majority of human beings have. A woman disliking, stereotyping and/or not caring about cats and other non-human animals is as much of a turn off to me as full-blown racism or some other kind of bigotry ('full blown' because I can't claim I'm completely non-prejudiced).

What turns me off about the deep ecology view is the idea that the value of an individual animal's life is determined by the contribution they make to the ecosystem (who they eat, who eats them etc.) or whether or not they belong to an endangered species. The badness of hunting individuals who belong to endangered species is the harm caused to them (or even their loved ones, when dealing with mammals and birds who are caring for children or some species who bond and live in groups past childhood) and/ or depriving them of overall happy lives they could have had, not the fact that their species is becoming extinct which would lead to less ecological diversity or upset the checks and balances that nature has set up.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nggas need father figures. Sharin a story is great but my ngga you actually askin for advice?

140302052638338216.jpg
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    Everyone should be more environmentally conscious, she could be a good influence on me (if I was into dating). I would disagree with her if she ascribed to the deep ecology view ; that the environment and ecological harmony is worth preserving for it's own sake but it wouldn't be a 'turn off'. I don't care about the planet, environmental issues only matter to me to the extent that they impact humans and other animals. It would be a turn off if she didn't ascribe to the idea of animal equality and consider all animals to be persons. At the very least she should have some degree of respect and compassion for all non-human animals, even if she cares more about human beings or has some of the same speciesist attitudes that the vast majority of human beings have. A woman disliking, stereotyping and/or not caring about cats and other non-human animals is as much of a turn off to me as full-blown racism or some other kind of bigotry ('full blown' because I can't claim I'm completely non-prejudiced).

What turns me off about the deep ecology view is the idea that the value of an individual animal's life is determined by the contribution they make to the ecosystem (who they eat, who eats them etc.) or whether or not they belong to an endangered species. The badness of hunting individuals who belong to endangered species is the harm caused to them (or even their loved ones, when dealing with mammals and birds who are caring for children or some species who bond and live in groups past childhood) and/ or depriving them of overall happy lives they could have had, not the fact that their species is becoming extinct which would lead to less ecological diversity or upset the checks and balances that nature has set up.

EvilSpockEyebrow.gif
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    wtf
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

EvilSpockEyebrow.gif

What did you disagree with and why?

Let me clarify that I think there are indirect reasons to care about ecological harmony but what ultimately matters to me is animal well-being.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all have such a stereotypical view of women who'd like to save the earth, wow.
    It's crazy y'all think these women; don't use deodorants, smell musty, don't shave their armpits, and are preachy.

Kinda disappointed nobody mentioned they might not shave their ? hairs either.

If y'all gonna follow a cliched stereotype go all the way.

• shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't do it. any ? that recycles, donates to charity, and conserves electricity has stank ? 100% of the time. it's been scientifically proven.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Y'all have such a stereotypical view of women who'd like to save the earth, wow.
    It's crazy y'all think these women; don't use deodorants, smell musty, don't shave their armpits, and are preachy.

Kinda disappointed nobody mentioned they might not shave their ? hairs either.

If y'all gonna follow a cliched stereotype go all the way.

See you gotta add the threads togethr. These nggas dont like people, so they dont get out much Lol Their idea of these women comes from the internet

They also think if a chick got natural hair and she eats greek yogurt she cant possibly be a ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even understand the dilemma...

Word this ? dating a planeteer and complaining

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really care what a woman believes in, for the most part. The better question is how hard does she try to indoctrinate me with her beliefs?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options