Ferguson’s interim police chief upset over the way protesters treat black officers...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
fox2now.com/2015/03/24/fergusons-interim-police-chief-worried-for-officers-on-the-front-lines/
FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – The interim Ferguson Police chief Tuesday said he was fed up with the way his officers, especially his African-American cops are being treated by protestors. He said black officers in Ferguson, as well as others who helped in the community in recent months, have been targeted for attack by protestors more that white cops are.

The interim chief was upset about a video that is now hotly debated on the internet. Chief Alan Eickhoff said, “I was disgusted.” The video shows a Ferguson police officer responding to a disturbance call at a McDonald’s restaurant. When the officer arrived things were calming down and then the chief said the crowd saw the black officer and began name calling. Some protestors threw bottles at him.

Chief Eickhoff said, “Why are they still saying these are peaceful protests when anybody who watches that tape can see this is not a peaceful protest.”

Chief Eickhoff said the black cops seem to get singled out on the skirmish lines and they are aggressively the targets of demeaning language. Eickhoff added, “We have a lot of outside forces still coming to Ferguson while we are trying to heal the community they’re trying to tear the community apart.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlaKrFIgGM

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how any black man can be a cop...
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey, they're a part of the gang.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They really just need to shut the hell up
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when will ignorance ever stop one criminal black person does not represent the race even many criminal black people do not represent the race one crooked cop or many crooked cops do not represent those who go to work to try to do the right thing everyday
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good angle... he's sitting on the fence.. playing both sides
  • bgoat
    Options
    So-called good cops know who's the ? cops are, but they are too ? to do anything about it. Plus that snitches gets stitches applies in Police Departments too, more proof they're a street gang. Hey, it's the price you pay when you're a cop, 1 bad apple spoils the bunch.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so you want a person who doesn't look like you... or have the same background as you to "protect" you? isn't that one of the complaints that causes the ? you?... smh..
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so you want a person who doesn't look like you... or have the same background as you to "protect" you? isn't that one of the complaints that causes the ? you?... smh..

They're not protecting us anyway, so what difference does it make? And a lot of them go out of their way to appease their coworkers, which makes them even worse in some scenarios.

Stop defending cops. We don't care what you were in the military. I had my share of dust ups with security forces too. They weren't very different from their civilian counterparts.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These idiots can't help themselves
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Because they're worse than their white counterparts in the black court of opinion. Duh. What's the issue here?

Ain't no Serpicos in these police departments, but everyone wants to claim there are "good cops". If you wanna be a good cop, hell, a good person, then it's your obligation to stand up to injustice and wrongdoing. You can't stand idly by and be apathetic. That makes you just as guilty as the perpetrators of the injustice.

And that's what is making the black community of Ferguson even more condemning of its black officers. I think people are just feigning stupidity at this point.

Am I giving white people too much credit if I say that they can't be this dense? I feel like I am. Smh...

i know personally cops eat their own... i was one in the military for 5 years... ? that is one of the most stressful jobs you can have... you are not only hated because you are doing your job... but you are ? if you make a mistake on anything... it's like getting wrote up and potentially doing jail time for your cash register being short by 10 dollars at Burger King.. you are meant to defuse hostile situations and risk your life for a person who prolly don't give a ? about you and call you out of your name.. smh
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    money and benefits plus its a job any idiot can do some a lot of them are under educated and can't do anything else it all boils down to survival how hard can it be to grab a gun and drive around and harass people all day its a easy job
  • damobb2deep
    Options

They're not protecting us anyway, so what difference does it make? And a lot of them go out of their way to appease their coworkers, which makes them even worse in some scenarios.

Stop defending cops. We don't care what you were in the military. I had my share of dust ups with security forces too. They weren't very different from their civilian counterparts.

lol so what is your solution? don't bytch if you don't have a solution...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Curt Ford, a St. Louis Cardinals outfielder from 1985-1988, was the victim in an alleged racially motivated attack Wednesday at a St. Louis-area gas station. Ford was punched in the face and, according to police, was told by his attacker: "Go back to Ferguson you (racial slur)."

The attack happened at a Petro Mart gas station in Fenton, Mo., about 28 miles from Ferguson, the St. Louis suburb that was the epicenter of protests and racial turmoil after Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer there last August.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ex-cardinal-curt-ford-attacked-at-st--louis-gas-station--told--go-back-to-ferguson-210248297.html

• bgoat
    Options

They need to clean house is the first step, get rid of all the bad apples. Until then, ? will remain the same.
  • bgoat
    Options
    Exactly what I've been saying

Watch the whole interview, but start at the 39:00 when DR. Watkins talk about good cops.

https://youtu.be/x9D80AhZLVM
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

How about they want to protect their community from low-lifes?

The practice of running off Black cops is dumb because then you're stuck with White cops who will shoot you if you even move wrong.

There are some ? Black cops, but most are good. You don't see them much at all during this shootings. it's almost always white cops. And those who racially profile, and setup are almost always White. But hey......."Let's run off the Black one."

SMH
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

They need to clean house is the first step, get rid of all the bad apples. Until then, ? will remain the same.

i cosign this... but how you gonna "clean house" if you already assume the cops are "bad"
  • bgoat
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

i cosign this... but how you gonna "clean house" if you already assume the cops are "bad"

It's not up to me to clean their house. The cops know which cops are bad and who's not. They can start by getting rid of that gang culture, that would be a good start. Putting fear into other cops for doing right has no place in a Police Department.
  • the known unknown
    the known unknown Members Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Options
    There are no such things as a black community in America. Communitys police themselfs the cops in majority black populated neighborhoods (which is what we have) are not from there.
  • the known unknown
    the known unknown Members Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Options
    [url=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlaKrFIgGM[/quote]

1:50 to 1:55

Was i the only one that though of that drake song when they seen the lady in the wheelchair.

"eyes low just swanging (swanging) eyes low just swanging (swanging) same city same hood if you looking for me same city same hood if you looking"
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? you mean? Ain't no solutions, ? . We ain't in Utopia, and we never will be. Not in this country of ? ? .

The best we can hope for is for them to demilitarize their mindsets, and clean house. And you're a bigger fool than I thought if you think those things will ever occur.

Lol. Solutions. As if there are any. Hilarious.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

? you mean? Ain't no solutions, ? . We ain't in Utopia, and we never will be. Not in this country of ? ? .

The best we can hope for is for them to demilitarize their mindsets, and clean house. And you're a bigger fool than I thought if you think those things will ever occur.

Lol. Solutions. As if there are any. Hilarious.

gwaf! ? i understand there are good and bad people and understand that everyone fits in more than one category... you generalize and that's your problem will the situation be "fixed" no because it's impossible for everyone to agree on any situation... but in this case you can at least make ? better by understanding both sides and both sides working with each other...