Clueless Pudgy Ferguson Mayor: ‘Unfortunate’ That DOJ Report Made Everything About Race...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
mediaite.com/online/ferguson-mayor-unfortunate-that-doj-report-made-everything-about-race/

huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/27/ferguson-mayor-doj-report_n_6955336.html
The mayor of Ferguson, Missouri isn’t terribly happy with how the Justice Department report about racially-motivated police practices focused just on race. James Knowles had said last year that there’s no racial divide in Ferguson, only to walk that back months later.

In comments to The Huffington Post today, Knowles said, “Regardless of the merits of a lot of the things that happened in the report, I think it’s unfortunate that the Department of Justice always tried to narrow it down to race.” He does believe that there were clear miscarriages of justice in the report, but says it’s unfair that “they tried to make it about race.”

He recalls a conversation he had when he brought up to the DOJ that some of the misconduct was carried out by one of the three black officers in Ferguson:

“When I asked the Department of Justice this, they told me, ‘African-Americans can be racist against African-Americans as well.’ I told them that was new to me.”

Knowles previously challenged some of the “assertions” in the DOJ report and said that Eric Holder‘s “hostile language” isn’t helping.

Comments