Taraji P. Henson Apologizes To Glendale Police After Video Comes Out

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited March 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
"I would like to apologize to the officer and the Glendale Police Department," Henson wrote on Instagram Friday. "A mother's job is not easy and neither is a police officer's. Sometimes as humans we over react without gathering all the facts. As a mother in this case I over reacted and for that I apologize. Thank you to that officer for being kind to my son
Henson's original claims were made to Uptown magazine last month. "My child has been racially profiled," she said. "He was in Glendale, California and did exactly everything the cops told him to do, including letting them illegally search his car. It was bogus because they didn't give him the ticket for what he was pulled over for."

As for the video that surfaced today, the footage showed that the police officer actually let Marcel off easy and gave him a ticket for possessing marijuana instead of driving through a crosswalk with blinking lights (a moving violation).
"So I'm going to give you a citation for the marijuana. Listen, I'm not going to give you a citation for running that yellow because that will actually put a moving violation on your license and you're going to have to do traffic school and all that stuff. So I'm helping you out by not giving you a violation on that. All I'm going to do is take the weed from you. You can go to court and show your prescription and stuff and you can handle it that way," the cop explained. "It felt like this was a little better than the other one. I am giving this to you too because you smoked weed about two hours ago."

http://www.eonline.com/news/640572/taraji-p-henson-apologizes-to-cop-for-racial-profiling-comments-sometimes-as-humans-we-over-react

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regardless, why was her son stopped to begin with???
    Just because he aint get beat the ? up , r shot up doesn't mean he wasn't profiled..

2 yall are being harsh on Taraji...i agree she shouldn't of aplogized. yet,Ive seen 6'10, 250lb black men apologize like ? over worst.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing wrong with apologizing when you feel you've made a mistake.

No need for the ugly insults.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn Cookie...
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Just because he aint get beat the ? up , r shot up doesn't mean he wasn't profiled..

2 yall are being harsh on Taraji...i agree she shouldn't of aplogized. yet,Ive seen 6'10, 250lb black men apologize like ? over worst.

i might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure above it says he drove through crosswalk with blinking lights...
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would the cops have apologized if they had put 10 slugs in her son's chest?

Of course not; they'd call it justified.

You should NEVER apologize to the police... Even if you're 100% in the wrong.

This broad needs to have her teeth knocked out.

7figz wrote: »
    This backtracking ass ? ? .

756137.gif
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na homie actually had weed on him and committed a minor traffic violation. The cop could've done him ? but let him slide. Her apology was justified. You gotta take your L's in stride

But cops never apologize for murdering unarmed black people. So her being Black, im not sure why she felt the need to publicly apologize to a cop. That ? look weak imo.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    This ? was probably orchestrated especially considering her name is hot right now coming off of Empire. There is an agenda being pushed clearly. #TheNewBlack . Ein nobody falling for that BS.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

? super moo
    She didnt make a mistake super moo. Her son was profiled super moo. On mutiple occasions super moo.
    She most likely was pressured to apologize. Super moo.

Lol..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol' ? gave me a break ass ? ....

Dude still got a ticket for weed, didn't he ?

As far as going through blinking lights.... foh, that ? is usually something NOBODY should get stopped for.

Drivers pretty much negotiate blinking lights on their own, many times people go out of turn.

In any event, no Black person should be making a public apology to any police department in this current climate of police racism and brutality.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Running a yellow?
    Foh
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apologizing is subordinate behavior
    You wouldn't understand
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no wonder she wants him to go to howard

10843703_1404824109826453_1739569637_n.jpg

10838622_1524842494470195_579397471_n.jpg
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? super moo
    She didnt make a mistake super moo. Her son was profiled super moo. On mutiple occasions super moo.
    She most likely was pressured to apologize. Super moo.

Da ? is a super moo?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol well damn...after all that. Dude let black twitter down...