Dr. Boyce Watkins says Black people became the economic ? of America

Options
black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://youtu.be/AwV_CWTuWXU

Got to agree with him on this. Think of all the foreigners that comes to this county to live the American dream. They always sell to black people first.

I was on the mall this morning and saw tons of kids and adults waiting for the new Jordan's.

Dr. Claud Anderson said it best. We as a people need to practice group economics when money bounces numerous times in our community before leaving it. Just like how the Asians do it. Also like the good old days of black wall street

Do y'all feel he has a point or not?

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree but we all know this wont happen til we ? all the uncle toms, ? , sell outs, and the ? up people in the hood. we fighting an up hill battle that we cant win
  • black caesar
    Options
    ibestrokin wrote: »
    i agree but we all know this wont happen til we ? all the uncle toms, ? , sell outs, and the ? up people in the hood. we fighting an up hill battle that we cant win

Well I feel if business start in the hood by foreigners, they need to give job opportunities to people there instead of just taking the money and not giving back.

I didn't even buy du-rags from the Koren store in my old hood because I knew the game.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people need to collab with each other like Jewish and Asians have.

Would love to see a Black business orientated crowdfunding site get set up. Think of all the businesses we could help start, and best of all we could pick the types we want. Bring back Black Wall Street too, we have more than enough wealth in our communities, we just spend it outside of ours.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I LL just cosign and goat too much to type out...@sion sup w the cc
  • black caesar
    Options

Would love to see a Black business orientated crowdfunding site get set up. Think of all the businesses we could help start, and best of all we could pick the types we want. Bring back Black Wall Street too, We have more than enough wealth in our communities, we just spend it outside of ours.

I actually have a vision for this. It's going to take a lot of capital, and I don't know much about the commercial real estate game....yet.

Trying to get my startups off the ground then holla at @Sion about it.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Man I miss doing the financial hour that ? felt amazing just to be able to spread what I knew to others so they could use the platform as well. Definitely was some amazing discussions on there. We need to do that every week.

me and Pralins working on something I'll share it w u once I finalize the paperwork,,,,? as far the CC it could just be us for all I care
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/AwV_CWTuWXU

Got to agree with him on this. Think of all the foreigners that comes to this county to live the American dream. They always sell to black people first.

I was on the mall this morning and saw tons of kids and adults waiting for the new Jordan's.

Dr. Claud Anderson said it best. We as a people need to practice group economics when money bounces numerous times in our community before leaving it. Just like how the Asians do it. Also like the good old days of black wall street

Do y'all feel he has a point or not?

Most black people.
    Hate each other and would rather see the next man fail than succeed. Let's fix that first....then we can start talking about what WE need to do. Till then it aint going to be ? but a lot of talk.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then you should be the first one on the chopping block then.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

Would love to see a Black business orientated crowdfunding site get set up. Think of all the businesses we could help start, and best of all we could pick the types we want. Bring back Black Wall Street too, we have more than enough wealth in our communities, we just spend it outside of ours.

Who would own said business? Does everyone recieve a percentage of ownership reflecting what they contributed?

Lets say you have an organization like A phi A. Now you have guys that believe in the same beliefs and pay dues for the greater good. Start or join an organization and have your members help you build it up.

it aint just going to happen and aint nobody donatin ? . That's how You get all these rich ass leaders who can show almost no major Changes that they've made.

I can list 10 black pastors that could take half of their earnings and damn near fix most of our problems. But that's not their plight...theyre plight is Jesus and ? . We gotta infiltrate and create these large organizations man and do what's right.

But like I said earlier.... we gotta actually start caring about one another first.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm gon be all over the place in this post but take the bits that work for you and run with them...

At least 60% of the people I deal with on a regular basis were not born in the US and there's a lot of things that go on that many ppl don't know. Like in some Asian countries, they teach classes on how to setup businesses and sell to Americans and specifically black people in America. Sometimes their plans be years in the making before they even physically get here.

We could take the model from others in setting up our own, but our mindset has to change evolve to a state where we trust each other more than we trust in our on enemies and working toward standards of success that only benefits an (isolated) individual. It doesn't take all of us, just small pockets in more communities and better collaboration from people who don't WANT the American Dream but our own vision.

Some loose sweeping generalizations ahead.........
    The large overwhelming difference of between foreigners and us is they come here voluntarily with a vision and at least some loose plans to begin with, along with common cultural backgrounds in tact. When you have multitudes of families loosely on the same general mindset, the result is gonna be more upwardly mobile than people who are all over the place. Mexicans aside, It's a big thing to up and move to another country, you have to be driven by a cause to do that ? . Their in tact cultural backgrounds gives them an instant customer base for food, goods, and entertainment within their own communities. If they branch out to sell in ours when they go home, they gon spend the money made on their cultural food, their goods, and their entertainment. Because we don't have a "cultural background" (as defined by us, and not by some bought off "black leaders") and buy into media programming (TV) our dollars go back out into the melting ? of "America" into the pockets of everybody who has cultural backgrounds as soon as we get $.

And as an aside, I don't know ANY Asians or a "Middle Easteners" on a personal level that like white ppl generally even though they'll smile in their face or you might see the women with them and/or get married and have kids with them. Everybody will do business with each other to get that paper tho. A guy I know who had a son a while back told me him and his wife was thinking about only speaking English around their kid and having him learn English as his first language...it may sound like some ? ? but I told him straight up don't ever let them forget who they first are cuz you don't want them to end up as mixed up (culturally) as us, it's better to dip in and dip out within "america" and go back home when u r at home.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    We are too divided for this to work.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can list 10 black pastors that could take half of their earnings and damn near fix most of our problems. But that's not their plight...theyre plight is Jesus and ? .

Their plight is pimpin Jesus to the people for dollars for their own pockets.
    KknRkd.gif
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    I can list 10 black pastors that could take half of their earnings and damn near fix most of our problems. But that's not their plight...theyre plight is Jesus and ? .

Their plight is pimpin Jesus to the people for dollars for their own pockets.
    KknRkd.gif

? is an uphill battle and you can't get through to 99.9 percent of ? anyway. That ? makes you say ? it...let every man be for his self and let the chips fall where they may. It's discouraging. I don't see no real movement EVER poppin off with the ? we have around these days. Best thing you can do is be a mentor and inspire the youth.
  • black caesar
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

I disagree. If awareness is constantly being spread. We can get there.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Were no more drastically divided than any other loosely defined group of ppl. When considering what certain ppl Have pulled off within tge last 60 years to achieve statehood, sovereignty etc, id say were relatively less divided in the grand scheme of things . I feel thats a false justification to certain non actions
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Options

Well I feel if business start in the hood by foreigners, they need to give job opportunities to people there instead of just taking the money and not giving back.

I didn't even buy du-rags from the Koren store in my old hood because I knew the game.

that would be good an all if ? boycotted these places but once again ? love the outsiders more than they love their own people. sad but true

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I disagree. If awareness is constantly being spread. We can get there.

Were no more drastically divided than any other loosely defined group of ppl. When considering what certain ppl Have pulled off within tge last 60 years to achieve statehood, sovereignty etc, id say were relatively less divided in the grand scheme of things . I feel thats a false justification to certain non actions

HOW SWAY!?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Constantly saying we're too divided and we can't is super counterproductive

There will always be a few ? but the people with voices, it start with them just speaking on it
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyce needs a thread.I just don't feel liking running it.he drops a lot of videos.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knowledge of self is the first step. Once you know where you came from, what you're capable of, and what you want to do with your life, everything will fall into place. This is the number 1 step because you need to recognize the obstacles in your way, and come up with a plan on how to move to your liking, and get with like-minded individuals. Fact is I don't agree with most of you, and a lot of it deals with things I'm not willing to budge on.

I'm trying to build wealth for my seeds and the black community. If you're some opportunist, sell out ass ? , I'm not doing business with you. And there are a couple of red flags I look out for, like is your lady black, how you move etc. Actions speak louder than words, so I need to make sure you're the real thing before I put in the effort.

Stay black and make sure your kids understand the importance of staying black. You let others in, and they will slowly take over. Hire a couple of white guys in a position of power, and watch how the number of white employees exponentially grows over the years. ? around with some white ? , have a mulatto kid and watch how your legacy gets lighter and whiter in physical and mental until they no longer consider themselves black. These are things we don't take into consideration, that other races do. So if we're not in agreement with this, I can't mess with you on that level.

As far as support from a consumer's perspective, sure I'll purchase your ? if the value meets the price tag, or if it's quality. I don't have much restrictions on going out of my way to purchase, especially when it's things that deal with our culture or similar topics like black children books, black dolls etc.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't understand this train of thought. You can't find a few people who think the same way you do? All it takes is 2 or 3 focused individuals.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think everyone is off the subject. He has a point when he mentions that Black people have become primarily consumers, which is what he meant. It's the part that is true as well.

I don't agree with his analogy either, being a "? " has little to do with high or low self-esteem considering you can have both and still be considered a ? .

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But remember in the dominant society, they have their own ? up people, whistleblowers, and wiggas. Difference is they control their own image and the only category that matters to them is the powerful one.

So in our society we take back our image and protect it financially and create the standards we want in our communities. The uncle toms, ? , dusty ? will fade away.