No Thread on the NEARLY 150 Dead in Islamist Terrorist Attacks at Kenyan University?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Catholics is a weird pagan offshoot of Christianity.

then Protestantism is a weird offshoot of a weird pagan offshoot of Christianity
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    147 ppl killed now
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

then Protestantism is a weird offshoot of a weird pagan offshoot of Christianity

How when Protestantism actually follows the bible where catholics follow bible and there own traditions and beliefs sola scripturn. But regardlessly these attacks are vicious
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Savagery. I just cant wrap my mind around being a follower we got alot of sick people in this world.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

How when Protestantism actually follows the bible where catholics follow bible and there own traditions and beliefs sola scripturn. But regardlessly these attacks are vicious

because most of the Protestant denominations come from Catholicism. whats your denomination?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

because most of the Protestant denominations come from Catholicism. whats your denomination?

That's not a very good description most of the protestant churches don't come from Catholicism so much as they are literally a protest against the Catholic church.

In America most Christians are evangelicals which even further departs from Catholicism.
  • zombie
    Options
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all
  • zombie
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Islam is the religion of the antichrist and Satan

? with your bible thumping rhetoric. Christianity Catholics have been the cause of more deaths than all religions combined and its effects of oppression are still in place today

Fixed for accuracy.

Catholics represent a christian denomination so i was right

Exactly, why are so many Christians here acting like Catholics aren't part of Christianity lol....the first Christian denomination was Catholic and Protestants have a very disgusting history anyway

Because Catholics are barely Christian why do you think I laugh at you every time you bring up going to Catholic school as proof that you know anything about the Christian theology.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? with your bible thumping rhetoric. Christianity Catholics have been the cause of more deaths than all religions combined and its effects of oppression are still in place today

Fixed for accuracy.

Exactly, why are so many Christians here acting like Catholics aren't part of Christianity lol....the first Christian denomination was Catholic and Protestants have a very disgusting history anyway

Because Catholics are barely Christian why do you think I laugh at you every time you bring up going to Catholic school as proof that you know anything about the Christian theology.

How are Catholics barely Christian?? They follow the Bible and believe in Jesus don't they??
  • zombie
    Options

Fixed for accuracy.

How are Catholics barely Christian?? They follow the Bible and believe in Jesus don't they??

They believe in Jesus but It's everything else they do
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2015
    Options
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all

Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how ? marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

number wise i think nominal Catholics are the largest Christian in the US

That's not a very good description most of the protestant churches don't come from Catholicism so much as they are literally a protest against the Catholic church.

In America most Christians are evangelicals which even further departs from Catholicism.

denominations like Anglican/Episcopal and Lutheran have their basis in Catholicism. its not like they tore up everything about Catholicism and started anew

and @the_jackal whats your view on orthodox and eastern catholic churches?
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Fixed for accuracy.

They believe in Jesus but It's everything else they do

So why single out Catholics then? There are Protestant, Christian denominations that allow ? marriage and even female pastors, despite the Bible being completely against both.
  • zombie
    Options

Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how ? marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys

I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of ? marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop ? marriage especially when it has liberal support.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2015
    Options

I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of ? marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop ? marriage especially when it has liberal support.

A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against ? marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for ? marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support ? marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.

• zombie
    Options

number wise i think nominal Catholics are the largest Christian in the US

denominations like Anglican/Episcopal and Lutheran have their basis in Catholicism. its not like they tore up everything about Catholicism and started anew

and @the_jackal whats your view on orthodox and eastern catholic churches?

Anglicans yes but they are small in number always have been especially in the USA. Most christian denomination diverge greatly from Catholicism in practice. The church structure is different and most importantly the theology is different the only that is kept is the basic belief. Catholics and Episcopalians are worlds apart on many issues
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    King blaze you a cool guy but I swear we been through why catholics and protestants are vastly different. As far as my views Orthodox church is honestly good I believe. Everyone I visited seemed open and nice but just the whole traditional thing certain songs towards saints and etc I'd off putting. Eastern Roman church is the same pagan nonsense
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited April 2015
    Options
    whats your view on African/American syncretic religions and Rastafari?
  • zombie
    Options

A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against ? marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for ? marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support ? marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.

You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected ? marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America
  • zombie
    Options
    Also if you are getting your news about Christianity from CNN you might want to reevaluate your opinions
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    whats your view on African/American syncretic religions and Rastafari?

Can't really say haven't really looked into them. Alot of the ? I learn I take classes from ny college are Army does cultural diversity classes for certain religion and customs of people but I never seen one a class as far as African religions goes would take it if offered even though I would never believe in it
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2015
    Options
    King blaze you a cool guy but I swear we been through why catholics and protestants are vastly different. As far as my views Orthodox church is honestly good I believe. Everyone I visited seemed open and nice but just the whole traditional thing certain songs towards saints and etc I'd off putting. Eastern Roman church is the same pagan nonsense

I can understand "different" but VASTLY different?? The biggest differences are Catholics believe one needs to believe in Jesus AND do good deeds to enter heaven but Protestants believe belief in Jesus is good enough.

The other differences are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, Catholics and Protestants both believe in the Bible too, so how big are the differences really? If I'm wrong let me know
  • kingblaze84
    Options

You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected ? marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America

Good points but MOST Christians polled support ? marriage in America these days, same thing in Europe. I couldn't imagine most Christians supporting ? marriage back in the 1980s......

Some Protestant churches are purposefully getting away from the Bible but when you said Catholics and Baptist churches do not support ? marriage, it proves my point that Catholics and Protestants aren't as different as some believe.
  • zombie
    Options

I can understand "different" but VASTLY different?? The biggest differences are Catholics believe one needs to believe in Jesus AND do good deeds to enter heaven but Protestants believe belief in Jesus is good enough.

The other differences are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, Catholics and Protestants both believe in the Bible too, so how big are the differences really? If I'm wrong let me know

That's not the biggest difference at all . Catholics believe in non human intercession which means they venerated saints and borderline pray to them and angels.

And even human intercession they give more power than is necessary.

Not to mention the supremacy of the pope.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

That's not the biggest difference at all . Catholics believe in non human intercession which means they venerated saints and borderline pray to them and angels.

And even human intercession they give more power than is necessary.

Not to mention the supremacy of the pope.

intercession of saints is not worship, just like you might ask someone to pray for you. its also not a solely Catholic practice