David Lynch Leaves Showtime's Twin Peaks Revival

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
twin-peaks-wallpaperjpg-a2a699_grande.jpg

Yes, there definitely was a "too good to be true" element to having Twin Peaks, Evil Dead, and X-Files all return to our lives. And now it seems the dream is crumbling. Somewhat.

A new series of tweets from director David Lynch has revealed that he is now off the project.

Dear Twitter Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks.
— David Lynch (@DAVID_LYNCH) April 5, 2015

After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.

This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.

I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

Showtime has now issued a (rather hopeful) formal response to Lynch's tweets:

"We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. Showtime also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.”

The revival season was set to air in 2016, with Kyle MacLachlan returning as Agent Dale Cooper. Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost had reportedly already written all nine episodes.

So what do you think? Might Lynch and Showtime work things out?

Comments