NBA MVP Harden or Curry

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    In related news, Klay Thompson scored 42 in 3 quarters.
    Klay
    Draymond
    Andre
    Harrison
    Livingston....
    Lee
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    it could go either way, but Curry has the #1 team and his moves consistently are more flashy, graceful and finesse plus he tries to at least play D.
    Dude, also came back from 2 years of sitting with glass ankles and almost didn't have a future in the NBA. Just think Derrick Rose or Curry. Got to give respect to a man that returns from injuries (real career threatening injuries)and tops the game.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    Steph gets my vote, closest race in a while.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    ? Harden nh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    ? said Curry is a better defender then Harden

Lol

Naw bruh.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? said Curry is a better defender then Harden

Lol

Naw bruh.

its video packages dedicated to harden being a matador, this might as well not have been said.

they both have been better on defense this season anyway
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    I'm not gonna lie, i picked Curry cause his wife bad af. I mean that's the luckiest ? in the world.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    ATL_D wrote: »
    Its not that he is the best player on the best team, it is that he makes a good team a near historic one.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjU7BYcJwIw

Corn Ball....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    Its not that he is the best player on the best team, it is that he makes a good team a near historic one.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjU7BYcJwIw

Historic?

? , they have ways to go.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    Who is the Rockets second best player?????
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Harden
    @TheIraq that is a valid argument. But you can't penalize a player for being on a great team, especially when he makes them great. Swap Harden and Curry. The Rockets would be about where they are or better. How good would the Warriors be? 67 wins good? Would Harden make all of those players better, get everyone involved etc?

I legit just want to know who the second best player on the team is..... I would say co-MVP but ? sittin on the fence...... I don't like the swapping players and teams argument because they mean and do different things as players... I know the players in Golden State but unless you are a NBA nerd and/or watch League Pass every night I don't know who the Rockets are outside of Harden, Howard, Beverly, and Jones..... I can see how Golden State been killin but outside of James Harden I have no idea why the Rockets are number 2 in the West........ Memphis had injuries, Clips are the Clips, Portland be Portland but all I want to know is who is or was the second best player for Houston........Steph one of them dudes but Golden State got ? on that squad......... School me on how Houston didn't fall off....

The only answer in my mind is that the MVP kept them afloat..... Not a Houston fan but to deny James Harden because they didn't get the number 1 seed would be criminal.....

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The key is imagining the teams without the respective candidates.

Try to imagine the Rockets this year, without Dwight the majority of the season, and without Harden.

Then try to imagine golden state without curry.

The rockets would be Lakers bad, and the warriors would still contend for the playoffs imo.

Harden was definitely more VALUABLE to his team, this season.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Curry
    TheIraq wrote: »
    @TheIraq that is a valid argument. But you can't penalize a player for being on a great team, especially when he makes them great. Swap Harden and Curry. The Rockets would be about where they are or better. How good would the Warriors be? 67 wins good? Would Harden make all of those players better, get everyone involved etc?

I legit just want to know who the second best player on the team is..... I would say co-MVP but ? sittin on the fence...... I don't like the swapping players and teams argument because they mean and do different things as players... I know the players in Golden State but unless you are a NBA nerd and/or watch League Pass every night I don't know who the Rockets are outside of Harden, Howard, Beverly, and Jones..... I can see how Golden State been killin but outside of James Harden I have no idea why the Rockets are number 2 in the West........ Memphis had injuries, Clips are the Clips, Portland be Portland but all I want to know is who is or was the second best player for Houston........Steph one of them dudes but Golden State got ? on that squad......... School me on how Houston didn't fall off....

The only answer in my mind is that the MVP kept them afloat..... Not a Houston fan but to deny James Harden because they didn't get the number 1 seed would be criminal.....

The Rockets squad isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. They have a lot of solid role players. From Josh Smith to Jason Terry (also with a ring), Terrance Jones, Pat Beverly, foreign guy whose last name starts with a V, etc. It is just popular to say they are trash because of the way Harden has been scoring.

exactly, that trade helped them out a lot with depth, people sleep on it tho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Harden
    TheIraq wrote: »

That is a good argument man, I can't take anything away from it. It is a pretty close race and you could go either way. My preference is Curry. For the record, Howard is the second best player on the Rockets but he is a punk and plays way below his ceiling. Ariza is the third best player and he is very good defensively and has athletisicim and toughness, not to mention a ring under his belt. The Rockets squad isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. They have a lot of solid role players. From Josh Smith to Jason Terry (also with a ring), Terrance Jones, Pat Beverly, foreign guy whose last name starts with a V, etc. It is just popular to say they are trash because of the way Harden has been scoring.

But yeah it depends on your perspective. Picking Curry isn't denying Harden. Its recognizing hisi phenomenal season. Same with the opposite situation.

I'm a person that didn't blow that Dwight Howard trade to L.A. out of proportion cuz the ? has not grown or shown anything in the post except for him just being stronger than most in the paint...... He can get 18 by default...... But Dwight Howard hasn't really even played this year..... Trevor Ariza is one of them dudes that always seems to play well during that contract year but he's limited as ? ....... I love when ? talk about Josh Smith cuz he was just gettin clowned for the "Josh Smith effect"....... Jason Terry was nice in Atlanta, decent with the Mavs, and has simmed way down with the Hawks...... If those 4 are the best the Rockets have, James Harden is the MVP
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    Lol it's funny how people define "valuable" in MVP on a year to year basis depending on what agenda they're running with at that particular time.

When steve Nash took a trash Suns team to one of the biggest turnarounds ever and then the following year lose most of that starting lineup and still lead them to over 50 wins and a division title, folks act like he was the worst 2 time mvp in history(although what he did doesn't get any more "valuable" than that)

Nobody was talking about how the "Suns were trash without him...so he deserves the mvp over shaq" or "shaq had dwade as a teammate" and took a team that was already a playoff team to a further level while Nash took a lottery team to the best record in the league.

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden

Yes he would, I believe at one time if not now he lead the league in assist for three pointers by a wide margin.

And he is a shooting guard.

The second best consistent player on the Rockets squad was Trevor Ariza.

Dwight and Terrance been hurt almost all year.

They finished Second Seed in the West with only James Harden as a Star.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    Niggahs sleep on the fact that Warriors have such a deep ass team.

Klay
    Draymond

Have took over games all year.

Hell even fuccin Marriese Speights and I know he has cause I played him on fanduel when he was ballin out cause David Lee was hurt.

I really want to see Harden win. He deserves it more for how he carried that team. If he didn't have an impactful night then they lost.

If he averaged the same minutes as Curry did this year ,the Rockets would of lost more games.
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Harden
    Steve Nash has nothing to do with the 2015 MVP talk..... I call that deflection........Ain't no remember when unless when talking about earlier this season..... Cut the deflection to fit your narrative........Dwight aint been there most of the season and nobody wants to say who the next best player on the Rockets is....... Meanwhile ? can list multiple players that help lead Golden State to the best record....... Who helped lead the Rockets outside of James Harden??? Steph cooked this year but what hasn't James Harden done with lesser talent????????
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry
    coop9889 wrote: »
    The key is imagining the teams without the respective candidates...

Anthony Davis for MVP?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Curry
    u take steph off that team, defenses can focus more on klay, shawn livingston is now your starting pg avg 8 pts and 5 assists, draymond, bogut, speights, and barnes dont get the easy buckets they'd get from steph cuz klay is not that kinda distributor and iggy isnt starting. if a zone is put on them when klay sits down its a ? wrap. offense not runnin thru david lee and yall slightly overrating draymond green.

both are deserving of mvp but lets stop acting like they BOTH dont have pieces to work with.
  • coop9889
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    The key is imagining the teams without the respective candidates...

Anthony Davis for MVP?

He's been in the convo, but in below harden and curry and lebron. Right around where westbrook is
  • coop9889
    Options
    The key is imagining the teams without the respective candidates.

Try to imagine the Rockets this year, without Dwight the majority of the season, and without Harden.

Then try to imagine golden state without curry.

The rockets would be Lakers bad, and the warriors would still contend for the playoffs imo.

Harden was definitely more VALUABLE to his team, this season.

The advanced stats don't agree with you. You have been deceived by the eye test and the court of public opinion. As good as the Dubs are as a team they are 9.15 points better when Curry is on the floor vs when he is not (1st in the league). As bad as most people claim the Rockets are, they are only 8.43 points better when Harden is on the floor vs when he is not (3rd in the league). curry is more efficient and a better facilitator all while many of the time not even playing the 4th quarter of games. I would argue it is harder to make a good team great than to make a bad team good.

But like I said earlier it is a close race and you really could go either way.

The eye test is, and rightfully should be, an important factor when placing a vote. The whole "imagine the teams without them" is a product of the eye test. The statistic you bring up is basically "the warriors with steph are a better team than the rockets with harden". That's what I get from that statistic. Which I don't think anyone would disagree.

Who is #2 on that list?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    Niggahs sleep on the fact that Warriors have such a deep ass team.

Klay
    Draymond

Have took over games all year.

Hell even fuccin Marriese Speights and I know he has cause I played him on fanduel when he was ballin out cause David Lee was hurt.

I really want to see Harden win. He deserves it more for how he carried that team. If he didn't have an impactful night then they lost.

If he averaged the same minutes as Curry did this year ,the Rockets would of lost more games.

I can assure you that NO ONE is sleeping on how good the Dubbs are. But ? do act like Harden is playing 1 on 5. People pretend like the players on the Warriors are so much better than everyone else. Most of them are the same players that have been circling around the league for years, same types of players that are on the Rockets. Why do you think a they are playing so much better this year? A lot of it is that Curry is making them better, getting them open shots, and running the offense flawlessly at the point.

Houston has been knicked up and Harden deserves a boatload of credit for carrying them. But ? act like the 2 seed is the end all be all. 2 through 6 have basically the same record. If the Rockets had lost one more game and were the 6 seed, would you still be making this argument. If the Dubbs had lost 5 more games than they did, they would still have the best record by 6 games. And all of those teams, 2-6, have been banged up- Clips, Blazers, Grizz, even the Spurs a bit. The only real seperation in the standings is from the Warriors.

Thats a very good point

The huge dfference tho is 2 guys imo: Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green

Reason being, anybody can sign free agents and piece together good role guys, but with those 2 guys they are on rokie deals. When a team gets their young guys to pop before they have to pay em, its like stealing. Their roster is overstuffed bc of it

Very similar to Seattle in the NFL
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options