Paul Pierce on relationship w/ Ray Allen and Nets

Options
jazzybella
jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
Paul Pierce sat down with ESPN on Tuesday to reflect on his 17-year career as he goes into the final year of his contract next year and according to him, his final year in the league. Discussing his time in both Boston and Brooklyn, Pierce did not hold back.
Pierce spoke on his former teammates in Boston: Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, and their "weird relationship"... with Ray in particular. "...we'd be having a team dinner and Ray wouldn't show up. We'd go to his charity events but Ray wouldn't show up to someone else's." He went on to mention that he’d called Ray out on it.
Pierce also feels some type of way about the Brooklyn Nets...and he isn't afraid to let you know. He described his time with the Nets as "horrible", due to what he says was a lack of work ethic on everyone except he and Kevin Garnett. “It was just the guys' attitudes there. It wasn't like we were surrounded by a bunch of young guys. They were vets who didn't want to play and didn't want to practice,” stating that the team would have "folded" had it not been for him and KG. He went on to discuss Brooklyn's Deron Williams and how he had previously looked at him as an MVP contender but soon realized different. "I felt once we got there, that's not what he wanted to be. He just didn't want that." Pierce said.
Pierce, who is now with the 5th seeded Washington Wizards, is now looking ahead to the post-season. The NBA playoffs are set to start on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/paul-pierce-spills-on-relationship-with-ray-allen-and-the#ixzz3XRRUmNOo

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ the source being balleralert...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No wonder rondo didn't ? with ray
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jazzybella let me smash...I'll fly you here so we can watch game 4 of this hawks/nets series
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Jazzybella let me smash...I'll fly you here so we can watch game 4 of this hawks/nets series

You ain't ? , trying to get your Stew on
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

You ain't ? , trying to get your Stew on

He had the blueprint
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the source being balleralert...

They got the info from ESPN :|
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    No wonder rondo didn't ? with ray

But nobody ? with Rondo

Not even out here in Dallas.

KG love Rondo
  • Beta
    Options
    "? ..Ray..Allen...ima..? ..that..?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    o-HEAT-CELTICS-KEVIN-GARNETT-RAY-ALLEN-SNUB-IGNORE-facebook.jpg

KG is the fakest tough guy of all time though.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    o-HEAT-CELTICS-KEVIN-GARNETT-RAY-ALLEN-SNUB-IGNORE-facebook.jpg

KG is the fakest tough guy of all time though.

kgpeeler.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about he explain why his wack ass was basically rendered irrelevant when the NBA cut down on that ? pump fake jump into the defender move.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He also had ? to say bout his current teammates, John Wall and Bradley Beal, right before the playoffs start.... Great move lol
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He also had ? to say bout his current teammates, John Wall and Bradley Beal, right before the playoffs start.... Great move lol