Innocent Man Who Spent 31 Years On Death Row Meets Prosecutor Who Put Him There

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WwxF56qar2s

A man who spent more than 30 years on death row for a crime he did not commit came face to face with the person who put him there. It was not easy, for either of them.

“I want you to know that I am very sorry,” prosecutor Marty Stroud told Glenn Ford after he walked into his Louisiana home and shook his hand. “Right,” replied Mr Ford, barely bothering to look up from his chair. “But it cost me 31 years of my life....I’m sorry. I can’t forgive you.”

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    When he was released last year, the state gave him a $20 debit card and denied any wrongdoing on their behalf.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/529077/prosecutor-apologizes-for-sending-man-to-death-row-for-30-years-for-a-murder-he-didnt-commit#latest

Foul........
    At least he didn't forgive him.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 31 years had to feel like twice as long to that man. That's ? heartbreaking, man, I wouldn't have forgiven him either. I'd want him to feel shame for the rest of his life for ? me over and taking mine like that.

31 years! Smmfh.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    31 ? years??? They were just sooo convinced he did that ? just cause smh. I wouldn't forgive him either.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gla
    Selfish ass apology "there's nothing I can say that's sufficient enough to give you those 30 or 31 years back....but I have to say....I learned a lot about myself". FOH.

I would have stabbed him to death right then and been content to spend my last 6-8 months left to live in jail.
    Damn.
    i surely would have been tempted...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, can't watch this. Think it's gonna make me too mad.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight guess I'll be the bad guy.
    Prosecutor was doing his job ? he need to apologize for?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »

When he convicted an innocent man he did his job wrong. Everyone involved did.

31 years? ? was probably in Angola, too. Old timers say that place was even worst than it is now back then.

I know that lawyer got money. Break the brother off at least. It'll still be "? you", though.

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can he leave the house and not get shot is the question dude took 30 years im having sumone shooting
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you watch the video?

? spent 31 years in Angola for some ? he didn't even do. Prosecutor said he got an all white jury to make sure he went to jail. Angola ain't no playground either.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    31 ? years??? They were just sooo convinced he did that ? just cause smh. I wouldn't forgive him either.

They weren't even convinced he did it . In the video the prosecuetor said winning was more important to him than actual justice.

So the prosecuetor was on his pick a ? any ? will do ? and it cost that man 31 years of his life.

Prosecuetor should give him some of that money I'm sure made from the state over those years plus some of those investments and other ? he got.

Should have told the prosecuetor ? your apology that ? don't help pay for this medicine I can't afford and I have to live off donations how much you about to donate or get the ? out my face!!
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sit made me mad and get a little water in my eye. But not all white people are bad. Yeah right
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many prosecutors see their field as just a "job"..less about justice and more about winning at any cost.

You're not sacking groceries, lives depend on your integrity and due diligence.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've always wondered why people don't actually blame the defense attorney. It's HIS job to keep you out of prison not the prosecutor's.

He should still apologize for convicting the wrong man though.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they took 3 decades from him
    He's sick and broke and has to depend on the kindness of strangers
    The "justice" system refuses to pay him the measly restitution in which he's more than owed + more.
    And what's worse is the only reason this situation is getting any media attention is because some ? ass cac who admittedly stacked the decks against an innocent man with no hindrance from the system, is in his feelings and wants forgiveness.

Where's the karma so many believe in?
    Justice?
    Good over evil?
    "The system works"
    ? ?

This old cat has an Uber ? life and it looks like that ain't changing ever.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe this ? had the nerve to show his damn face after that ? .
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

When he convicted an innocent man he did his job wrong. Everyone involved did.

31 years? ? was probably in Angola, too. Old timers say that place was even worst than it is now back then.

I know that lawyer got money. Break the brother off at least. It'll still be "? you", though.

I hear that place is a ? , we have a cousin that's been locked up there since the 50's, they gave him life. I don't know if he still alive, he in is 80's if he is
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can someone be that reckless at they job?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only fitting that this prosecutor be imprisoned for the remainder of his life
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read the synopsis and couldn't bring myself to watch the video.

Prosecutors, police, juries, and even victims families are often to concerned with locking someone up, rather than locking up the right person.

Makes you wonder how many innocent people are incarcerated and wasting away today?...