Chris Rock On Blacks in/and Baseball

Options
OhMars
OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://youtu.be/oFFQkQ6Va3A

If I ever have a son I personally will encourage him to play baseball. You can play until you're old, huge pay, guaranteed money all sound like a win

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I saw this yesterday. I love baseball bc I played it for so long, but black baseball fans really are an endangered species.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch baseball.I'm watching the cubs game right now.I couldn't care less who likes it or doesn't.

Cubs goin to the World series in the next 3 years :D
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man that ? was funny af
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball one of those sports I liked to play but not watch just like hockey unless they are fighting
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Baseball one of those sports I liked to play but not watch

i love playing the game but i cant stand to watch it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball is boring as ? , there is nothing that can be done about that. I'd rather the Black players that are skipping baseball go into something like lacrosse and blow that ? up. It's a more interesting sport than baseball without blacks. With blacks it could take baseball's space as one of the Big 3 sports in America.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean when was the last black baseball star? Griffey?
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball being stuck up its own ass is one of the reasons for its enduring popularity. I know that 20 years from now I can cut on a game and the core game will not have changed. Same cannot be said for the NBA and NFL (especially the NFL which is slowly becoming the definition of a "corporate product").

Now im not condoning Baseballs conservatism. I think they're missing out severely by not promoting their young stars. Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Andrew McCutchen, Yasiel Puig, Kershaw, Bumganer, etc. are all young promotable stars that deserve just as much a push as Steph Curry or JJ Watt. But it wont happen in Baseball. Griffey JR. was really the last young gun that was the face of the League.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball is dope. Father in law watches it so and we check out the games since he a huge Os fan.

I found that peeps who says is boring usually don't understand that baseball can't be watched in the same way as other sports. Normally me and the pops be talking about so many other topics, especially at the game. You just lay back, talk about what's going on for the week and pause when certain plays happening. Watching baseball play for play will bore you out.

Damn I miss those Bernie Williams, Posada, and Jeter days.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was right about "the right way to play the game" crowd, they are killing the baseball.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I never liked baseball, always thought it was some cracka ? like Nascar

EDIT: it's definitely a fun game to play tho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love baseball grew up playing. I don't watch it like I used to tho.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love baseball, and grew up playing it. My pops and I used to watch damn near every Braves game on TBS. It was our thing. He used to check me out of school on opening day, and he'd grill some hot dogs, and we'd sit and watch the game. He used to always joke around about Andruw Jones always smiling...even after he would strike out lol.
    I still love the game, and now that I'm in the ATL area, I attend a lot of the games. I can't wait until the new stadium is done. I'm definitely getting season tickets. I will also encourage my son to play when I have one, and start him out playing real young.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    I used to love baseball when i was kid. The game was fun interesting and exciting. U had Ricky Henderson and Otis Nixon stealing bases and hitting in the park homeruns. Dave Henderson on the mound. Deion and Bo scoring td's in the NFL and scoring runs in MLB. Ken Griffey Jr's beautiful swing. It used to be exciting. Im from Atl so i'll never forget Sid Bream scoring to win game 7 of the '92 NLCS. But they took the excitement out and started depending on steroids. There were no more base stealers and any puny skinny no name 2nd baseman could hit 40+ homeruns. I remember a guy hitting 30 homers was a huge unbelievable season then any and everybody started hitting 50. ? got to be a joke. And then when all the excitement of watching supremely talented players was replaced with a bunch of steroid freaks it wasnt worth watching.

Mcgwire Sosa Bonds Canseco Clemons Arod etc killed the game. Baseball is a game of numbers and stats and when the most cherished numbers began to fall like dominoes the historical foundation on which the game was built began to crumble as well as my interest. The steroid generation made a mockery of the game. All the hard work that Hank Aaron Willie Mays Babe Ruth and Roberto Clemente put in was replaced with a needle in the ass. Baseball became no different than pro wrestling and to make maters worse pro wrestling was more interesting to watch. Hulk Hogan and the NWO was cooler and more interesting than Bobby ? and the Braves.

There is no excitement and the games are too long and boring. I still like to go to games sometimes but i cant remember the last time i even watched half a game on tv. ? is boring slow and doesnt offer much in the way of athletic talent like it did when Lou Brock and those guys played. Until excitement and true athleticism is celebrated in baseball again the game will continue to be old slow white boring and if they dont change the game will eventually die just as its old ass white fan base will.

MLB = GOP
    #FACTS
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Options
    used to love that ? as a little kid. played it and wanted to play professionally but as i got older it got boring.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Love baseball, and grew up playing it. My pops and I used to watch damn near every Braves game on TBS. It was our thing. He used to check me out of school on opening day, and he'd grill some hot dogs, and we'd sit and watch the game. He used to always joke around about Andruw Jones always smiling...even after he would strike out lol.
    I still love the game, and now that I'm in the ATL area, I attend a lot of the games. I can't wait until the new stadium is done. I'm definitely getting season tickets. I will also encourage my son to play when I have one, and start him out playing real young.

watching braves game on TBS used to be the ? . i went to college in tn and used to travel for a living. no matter where i was in the country i could always catch the braves on tbs. i was ? when ted turner sold the team and they didnt come on tbs anymore.

tbs is the reason you had braves fans all over the country even when they were sorry ass hell. i've met ppl in ky who are die hard braves fans b/c they watched them on tbs everday. ? the cowboys the braves were the original america's team b/c they were broadcast every night all over the nation
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball is ok, but these good old boy caucasians make me hate it because everything is always about the damn Cardinals. ? the Cardinals, ? !
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yasiel Puig is everything that's right w/ baseball and look at how they vilified him for having even the slightest bit of fun
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball is boring as ? , there is nothing that can be done about that.