Tha mob >>> BMJR
Clearly bro, bmjr was tough but the ? he was spitting on tha mobb fam? Smh

What's songs are ? with fly in/fly out lyrically like seriously

http://youtu.be/fLrKnOdFuMM

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was almost at his apex lyrically on TCII, but part of the reason I ? with Tha Carter just a bit tougher is because of the more sonic audio pallete (Mannie). Tha Mob, Fly In, MOMM, Carter II and Fly Out are some beast ass tracks though I agree
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 2 is the only Wayne album i really liked. Carter 1 was cool too. I ain t heard the ones before that in years though.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Carter Waynes peak flow and delivery wise imo. C2 maybe better lyrically but Waynes flow and Mannie Fresh beats is gold imo
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Both are personal classics. I used to think they were even, but I went back and listened to them back to back a couple months ago, and The Carter 2 is easily superior.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Walk in/ the carter/walk out were just as good if not better than fly in/the carter2/fly out.

The mobb is definitely wayne rawest sounding track, but the beat hard too. Its not seeing bmjr as far as lyrics/punches and flow goes.

Carter 2 has too many skippable tracks, it just doesnt flow as well as the carter does.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say it with their mouth I guess?.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 3 changed this ? for the worst.

All that laughing and giggling, saying unintelligible ? can't even compare to Carter 1 and 2. He even had something to say. How was he more mature on the Carter 2 than what he displays as he gets older? it's crazy.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C1 is more cohesive than C2 as someone else stated thats why imo and it sounds better to me today.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the tracks mentioned bump, carter 2 a bit more polished/slightly more mature imo. carter 1 rawer and wayne sound a tad bit more hungrier. lyrically its no need to say one album harder than the other cuz its quotables all over.c
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Walk in/ the carter/walk out were just as good if not better than fly in/the carter2/fly out.

The mobb is definitely wayne rawest sounding track, but the beat hard too. Its not seeing bmjr as far as lyrics/punches and flow goes.

Carter 2 has too many skippable tracks, it just doesnt flow as well as the carter does.

The only skip on carter 2 imo is Grown man ft currensy
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

All that laughing and giggling, saying unintelligible ? can't even compare to Carter 1 and 2. He even had something to say. How was he more mature on the Carter 2 than what he displays as he gets older? it's crazy.

The ? up part is those leaked tracks leading up to C3 were hinting at some epic ? but the actual album was a sign of things worse to come.

I'm a Beast is my ? til this day!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

The ? up part is those leaked tracks leading up to C3 were hinting at some epic ? but the actual album was a sign of things worse to come.

That was his album though , if you take the best songs from the carter 3 leak tapes you get his best album
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Carter 2 was a really good album. I definitely don't see how Carter 1 was better but we all know music is subjective.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

That was his album though , if you take the best songs from the carter 3 leak tapes you get his best album

Exactly. But why switch up the formula that drastically? He already had the world in his palm ready. We woulda paid for his best album... I mean the paid for C3 but I digress (? Jeezy had a far superior album than Wayne that year. TIP too). ? ? me off til this day. Don't get me wrong C3 has some dope tracks but damn
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i was just thinkin bout this the other day. i feel like the leaks may not have or may have barely matched c1 or c2 bar for bar but them songs imo showed even more depth and growth
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should have added a poll nh. C1 is better tho. More well rounded and his back was against the wall. You could hear the hunger. C2 was dope too. Lyrically he was more polished and his song writhing improved but I prefer C1.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Carter 1 a little better but both are classics. Mannie beats over that hungry Lil Wayne was a classic combo
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i feel like carter 3 we got was him rushin to recover from the leaks, back then it was aight but i felt like ? overrated it and i became a hater, then i appreciated it more but its still down a notch from previous carters. i was thinkin what if he just released the leaked planned album, may not have sold as much but he'd have acclaim out the ass. ? its already a cult favorite as it is.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always preferred C2.

BMJR fuego tho.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C1 is better Manny fresh laced it. Up north folk gonna like c2 southern folk like c1 better
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look bruh I ain't even reading comments so excuse if this has already been mentioned but C1 is a concept album.

From beginning to end Wayne is walking you through this den of inequity, which is why it's called "Tha Carter" after the name of the drug infested project in New Jack City. It's in-line with the name "Cash Money" which is also taken from New Jack City.

That's why I prefer it. You can also hear the superior flows and technique Wayne practiced on those mixtapes actually being used and put to work on this album. It's not totally free-form and hook-less like most of C2, it's far more structured, more thought through.