Teen Wears Fake Bomb To Ask Date To Prom, Gets Suspended

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ibrahim Ahmad is banned from the dance after the high school said his stunt to ask out a classmate showed "blatant disrespect".

adaptive-comp-template-two-2-762x428.jpg

Ibrahim Ahmad wore the bogus suicide belt in a questionable bid to win a date with classmate Rilea Wolfe in the north-western state of Washington.

The 18-year-old was suspended for five days from the school in the town of La Center, 150 miles (240km) south of Seattle.

rilea-wolfe-1-480x360.jpg

Rilea said yes to the date, but the disciplinary action will keep Ibrahim from attending Saturday night's prom, reports the Columbian.

The teenager said he was inspired to make the fake bomb by stuffing red paper tubes attached to red wires into the pockets of a paintball vest.

Ibrahim took to the stage in the cafeteria at lunchtime and held a sign that read: "I kno it's A little Late, But I'm kinda…THE BOMB! Rilea, Will U Be My Date To Prom?"

He told the Columbian: "I'm Middle Eastern, and I thought the bomb was kind of funny and clever.

"I wasn't wearing the vest for more than, like, 20 seconds.

"I asked her, took a picture, took it off, and then the school got upset."

But Mark Mansell, superintendent of the school district, said the student's stunt showed "blatant disrespect".

"Given the way the world is today and school safety, even if one parent or one student was upset about this, it causes issues," he told the Columbian.

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Would he been suspended if he weren't middle eastern is the question?

And the superintendent is str8 ? . He imagined the above gif in his head because he's prejudice. Like middle eastern school bombings is a threat to America.

Better check them white school shooters.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And the superintendent is str8 ? . He imagined the above gif in his head because he's prejudice. Like middle eastern school bombings is a threat to America.

If he was Black he would've been shot with the quickness... probably by a white classmate who woulda been called a hero... lol @ a suspension...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »

If he was Black he would've been shot with the quickness... probably by a white classmate who woulda been called a hero... lol @ a suspension...

Came to say that...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'm middle eastern and I thought the bomb was kind of funny and clever."

? -ass teenager.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    "I'm middle eastern and I thought the bomb was kind of funny and clever."

? -ass teenager.

Lmao dune ?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white people are ? they couldn't even be bothered to come up with new slurs for Arabs.. they just modified the ones for Blacks

sand ?
    Dune ?

Towel head is the only original one? Foh
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    white people are ? they couldn't even be bothered to come up with new slurs for Arabs.. they just modified the ones for Blacks

sand ?
    Dune ?

Towel head is the only original one? Foh

rofl...
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »

He woulda been shot just for asking the girl......
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It a was pretty corny stupid thing to do anyhow i dont care who did it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happen to just walking up to the girl and asking if she want to go to prom? No elaborate stunt needed

Now it's all become as elaborate as marriage proposals.