Billionaire: Here's the difference between successful, unsuccessful people

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don't want to do.

Most people don't want to work more than they have to. They do the minimum they are paid to do. That's not the way to get ahead. Always do the best you can, not the least you can get away with. When you do your job, even if its just cleaning an office, do it as if somebody you want to impress is watching your every step.

Success unshared is failure.

If you've "made it" and don't help others out along the way — if you don't do something to make the planet a better place — you're not successful at all; you are a failure. But remember that you can't help everybody out. You have to focus and contribute in ways that you think are most beneficial.

My mom instilled this philosophy in me. She always encouraged my brother and me to do good. She had us give to the Salvation Army when we had no more than a dime and taught us that no matter how much someone has or doesn't have there is always somebody who is worse off.

You don't have to be good at everything to be successful.

Do what you do best and try to find others who can fill in by doing the things you are not good at. For instance, I am terrible at details — accounting especially, so I hire accountants to help me. This frees me up to focus on the things I do excel at and I can run a more efficient operation.

The biggest hurdle people face in almost any business is rejection.

If you know this in advance and are mentally prepared for it, you'll have a much easier time staying upbeat and eventually succeeding.

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh

you have given YOUR VIEW ABOUT SUCCESS. some people share that view and some dont.

here is a question : which is the real success? the education of your children or being a billionaire?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    bruh

you have given YOUR VIEW ABOUT SUCCESS. some people share that view and some dont.

here is a question : which is the real success? the education of your children or being a billionaire?

you do know this is an article right? im not posting a link because ...well i just didnt

this is not "MY" view on success.

but lets say it was...... why not attempt to follow it until you find your own way?

we are not talking kids in this thread......its about the money and financial success.

so your success is limited by your ability to learn from anything and anyone
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh

Billionaire you french ? . Intelligent black men are being shot and accosted everyday. How many feds you seen run up on oprah?

They just need to leave the U.S. to avoid getting shot.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    bruh

Billionaire you french ? . Intelligent black men are being shot and accosted everyday. How many feds you seen run up on oprah?

you have ended in the trap these shootings wanted you to fall. money is not the solution against this ? . 80 % of us will not be billionaire so ...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    bruh

you have ended in the trap these shootings wanted you to fall. money is not the solution against this ? . 80 % of us will not be billionaire so ...

this is one of the problems with our mentality...

? you already defeated yourself.

you looking at the being ok with being in the minority of the majority who wont....i am looking to be part of the minority in the minority who will.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole purpose of gettin educated is to get money and die happy. Besides, If I'm a billionaire you think my kids won't get the best education money can buy @LEMZPOCALYPSE?

For real though ? an education. Most of billionaires didn't finish school, so clearly they're doing something right that at the very least warrants a listen.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Put it in a rap.....who exactly is the billionaire giving this opinion?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole purpose of gettin educated is to get money and die happy. Besides, If I'm a billionaire you think my kids won't get the best education money can buy @LEMZPOCALYPSE?

For real though ? an education. Most of billionaires didn't finish school, so clearly they're doing something right that at the very least warrants a listen.

Those are usually narratives told to keep us uneducated. For every millionaire/billionaire that made it without an education, there are literally millions that are on the streets wishing they would have obtained an education. This is especially true for those of us of color. People always talk about Zuckerberg not finishing t Harvard. The muthafucka went to Philips Exeter for high school. You know how expensive it is to go to Philips Exeter?? He had access to ? that most of us have to go to college for to get. The same with other white "overnight successes". Blacks don't have that type of access, at least not collectively. The logic given by this billionaire makes sense
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If everybody cant be billionaires then why is this still the American dream?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    bruh

you looking at the being ok with being in the minority of the majority who wont....i am looking to be part of the minority in the minority who will.

you already know that these supposed to be witty phrases dont have an effect on me bruh.

you are a billionaire congrats. why dont you answer the question SIMPLY?
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know bill gates, Wozniak, Zuckerberg dropped out of harvard and not devry or idcd college. An education is essential to success anyone else who tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

its not the subject.

its about how we view success
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    If everybody cant be billionaires then why is this still the American dream?

Cause its a ? dream and not reality. Billionaires need consumers to thrive off of, most ppl hustling backwards buying ? they cant afford telling themselves "Are we there yet" but they chasing that ? dream. His real message if he wanted to be simple and use common sense is to find out what you love and make money off the ? .
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »

You know bill gates, Wozniak, Zuckerberg dropped out of harvard and not devry or idcd college. An education is essential to success anyone else who tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice.

they are billionaire cause they have created something UNIQUE. that has nothing to do with ecucation.

the subject is about the correlation between being a billionaire and success
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    edited April 2015
    Options
    can one achieve success without being a billionaire?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    bruh

you already know that these supposed to be witty phrases dont have an effect on me bruh.

i am very far from a billionaire.

and the question was already answered.

its not about witty phrases.....its the truth.

while you may look at joining a sports to and happy you were selected to start....i look to become greater than the best athlete....otherwise, why do it?

you attitude determines you altitude..

i got alot of witty phrases.

if you never think you can become something then will never become anything.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    can one achieve success without being a billionaire?

you are too focused on the fact that he has money...

what he is stating can be applied to anything.

he just happens to apply it to making money.

success is a goal set in a certain mindframe.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    bruh

i am very far from a billionaire.

and the question was already answered.

its not about witty phrases.....its the truth.

while you may look at joining a sports to and happy you were selected to start....i look to become greater than the best athlete....otherwise, why do it?

you attitude determines you altitude..

i got alot of witty phrases.

if you never think you can become something then will never become anything.

your attitude determines your altitude: NOPE !!!

there are a lot more elements involved : race, environment, the country you live in etc

these are catchphrases are pretty but dont BEAT THE REALITY that states that most of us will not be billionaire or Jordans or LBj or Mozart or Gates or

does it mean that if we couldnt achieve success?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    There are 0.000033% billionaires out of 100% of the world's population. Not even a half of a percent. Most of them want you to overwork for no extra pay and no advancement. They also want you to dream about being them while you slave away and do everything honest, unlike them. This is more the poor is lazy ? . I've seen too many people give it their all and extra only to die of heart disease with little to show for it.

i see alot of very smart people take the wrong path. they take the past of least resistance thinking it will be easier or follow someone elses definition of success.

you have to know yourself and be ok with your lane. that is a huge part of whats holding people back.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    There are 0.000033% billionaires out of 100% of the world's population. Not even a half of a percent. Most of them want you to overwork for no extra pay and no advancement. They also want you to dream about being them while you slave away and do everything honest, unlike them. This is more the poor is lazy ? . I've seen too many people give it their all and extra only to die of heart disease with little to show for it.

i see alot of very smart people take the wrong path. they take the past of least resistance thinking it will be easier or follow someone elses definition of success.

you have to know yourself and be ok with your lane. that is a huge part of whats holding people back.

Back from what exactly? From being a Billionaire? Sometimes it comes down to you just not knowing the right path to take. Everybody isn't a guru at all things. Some people's idea of success isn't measured by long dollars. Just being comfortable and hoping that decision you made years ago doesn't falter regardless of your best laid plans is all many want. A lot of it is luck and not being that guy to be consumed by someone not playing by the rules. To imply people never put their best foot forward is ignorant.