Police Brutality: how do we respond?

Options
LordZuko
LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
Marching and demonstrating is hardly getting a solid response especially nationally, nor is it getting Black people less murdered.
So what do we do?

No I don't think mass violent reprisal should be the first answer, but I don't think it should be taken off the table.
I believe one thing, one solution, is to end our political and economic isolation from the rest of the Black/African world. We're too invested in the success of white institutions.

We need international representation to address these issues, We are relying on a criminal organisation to police itself, which is counterintuitive being that the united states profits from the prison industrial complex.

If we are going to utilize mass demonstration then it has to be followed up by some action, a boycott, or a political redress like forming a political party.

So what can we do, besides hope that We not next?

Comments

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    economic empowerment...

Cosign. They only respect our money but not us. Stop spending money with ppl that don't ? with you.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    That's a broad term, what does that look like and how is the solution derived from that?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    economic empowerment...

It would be nice, but it would be like every other time we got our own ? and it got destroyed. It kind of leaves no other choice but to prepare for someone acting a fool because they don't want to a ? do better than them.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By singing "We shall overcome"
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where we spend matters, who we vote for matters, and education matters. It's pretty simple, we unite, we change things from top to bottom.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcus garvey has all the answers it's time we modernize his ideology while we are at it we should check out Dr Claude Anderson the answers to all these questions have given but blacks have not implemented them because we were distracted by things that were only superficial or secondary in importance
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where did Dr, Claude Anderson get his degree?
  • zzombie
    Options

Does it matter
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    economic empowerment...

Then guns...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Does it matter

u can't find it huh? lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The entire culture needs to be revamped,but of course it won't happen.It's deeper than that and I won't waste my time with explaining it anymore.
  • zzombie
    Options

Does it matter

u can't find it huh? lol

Nah but I didn't search to hard in anycase you can contact him yourself if you really want to know through his organizations website
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bully only stops when he gets ? up by the muthafucka he's bullying. Economic empowerment is definitely the way to go but there comes a time to start killing folks. By the end of summer how many more dead black men, women, and children will there be by the hands of pigs? Everybody has a boiling point...
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Armed militias policing our own community
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In reality, then need to die. They chose to start a war, so they need to die.

If you want to be legal about it, they need to start getting 1 of 2 sentences for their ? - 25 to life or the death penalty.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Marcus and Claude were greats in their time, but we can't copy paste their prescriptions today because the world is drastically different from their era, even tho doc anderson was really only about twenty years ago.

We can critique their methods and find the ways that they can be useful today and discard what doesn't work. Tactics have to be tailored according to the context.
  • zzombie
    Options
    violence is the last thing black people need to do because even if we ? all the white people it won't fix the problems we have.
  • zzombie
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Marcus and Claude were greats in their time, but we can't copy paste their prescriptions today because the world is drastically different from their era, even tho doc anderson was really only about twenty years ago.

We can critique their methods and find the ways that they can be useful today and discard what doesn't work. Tactics have to be tailored according to the context.

claude Anderson is still alive
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These 'injustices' against Blacks are nothing new. They've happened every decade since our 'emancipation'. Emmett Till, death of MLK and X, Rodney King and countless others.

History teaches us that nothing will change.

My solution is probably a bit too radical on the face of things, but I think it remains the only one. There is nothing we can do here that will ever stop racism or injustice. Rebellion hasn't worked. Rioting hasn't either. There's a cycle where something happens, we rebel, riot, loot and they appease, convict, retaliate. Nothing changes except policy, like affirmative action, which then fosters more resentment.

With these nondiscriminatory 'laws' we can delude ourselves into thinking that we live in a country that'll ever see us as equal.

We can't change America, those of us who wish to do so. And if you're willing to take this country as it is, then so be it. You will experience more injustice, you'll cry about it, and it will happen again.

For those of us who want actual change, there's a single path.

I think we need to develop the continent.

We need to make Africa relevant in world economics. We need to create strong Black states. We need to create a country where a black man or woman can choose to live without a sense of persecution WHILE also enjoying the luxuries of life.

We need a place where we don't need to 'act' in any way to fit in.

Blacks will always be the minority in America. If we can find a way to develop African nations to the point that Blacks are respected on an international stage, our standing positions will be much more strengthened.

We know the abundance of resources present in the motherland. Intelligent application of basic economic strategy should allow some of us here to take advantage of this fact.

We need to spark change by a belief in ourselves. A belief in our ancestral strengths, and return, step by step, to the great states of old.

Now, what we need are more blacks with an expanded worldview. Let's think less of America and it's restrictions and more of the opportunities elsewhere to grow our economics. We agree that economic empowerment is important, but I think the focus of our investment is crucial.

I ask that some of us think.

For some of you all, just think of how Rome began. For most, think of America's beginning. A people, tired of oppression, saught new lands to start anew and, 200 years later, ruled the world.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    These 'injustices' against Blacks are nothing new. They've happened every decade since our 'emancipation'. Emmett Till, death of MLK and X, Rodney King and countless others.

History teaches us that nothing will change.

My solution is probably a bit too radical on the face of things, but I think it remains the only one. There is nothing we can do here that will ever stop racism or injustice. Rebellion hasn't worked. Rioting hasn't either. There's a cycle where something happens, we rebel, riot, loot and they appease, convict, retaliate. Nothing changes except policy, like affirmative action, which then fosters more resentment.

With these nondiscriminatory 'laws' we can delude ourselves into thinking that we live in a country that'll ever see us as equal.

We can't change America, those of us who wish to do so. And if you're willing to take this country as it is, then so be it. You will experience more injustice, you'll cry about it, and it will happen again.

For those of us who want actual change, there's a single path.

I think we need to develop the continent.

We need to make Africa relevant in world economics. We need to create strong Black states. We need to create a country where a black man or woman can choose to live without a sense of persecution WHILE also enjoying the luxuries of life.

We need a place where we don't need to 'act' in any way to fit in.

Blacks will always be the minority in America. If we can find a way to develop African nations to the point that Blacks are respected on an international stage, our standing positions will be much more strengthened.

We know the abundance of resources present in the motherland. Intelligent application of basic economic strategy should allow some of us here to take advantage of this fact.

We need to spark change by a belief in ourselves. A belief in our ancestral strengths, and return, step by step, to the great states of old.

Now, what we need are more blacks with an expanded worldview. Let's think less of America and it's restrictions and more of the opportunities elsewhere to grow our economics. We agree that economic empowerment is important, but I think the focus of our investment is crucial.

I ask that some of us think.

For some of you all, just think of how Rome began. For most, think of America's beginning. A people, tired of oppression, saught new lands to start anew and, 200 years later, ruled the world.

wonderful idea but you know it would require a total change in the people going over there they would have to accept a different culture and work with born Africans to create a new one. the last thing we would want would be another Liberia situation where an elite group of blacks oppressed the native population eventually leading to a brutal war
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought full accountability would help....

There's a lack of accountability because there's always some kind of case study, or legal term, or some other kind of ? that some cop or other person of law can dig out their ass to excuse or justify every wrong..

Like they know it's ? , but if the can find a way to validate it, . And they know it will be supported, they'll run with it like they were 100% in the right.....

Take away that blanket of security, and truly hold police for their actions, and ? may make a difference...

Problem is, there's like no way to make that happen..too much ? involved
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wonderful idea but you know it would require a total change in the people going over there they would have to accept a different culture and work with born Africans to create a new one. the last thing we would want would be another Liberia situation where an elite group of blacks oppressed the native population eventually leading to a brutal war

Yeah that will be the hardest bit. Africans and Black Americans are different. In the end though, as long us we remember that we're both treated the same way when it comes to everyone else...there might be a chance.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all been sayn the same ? for years..u will forget about it when love n hip hop comes on