Rappers more famous then they get credit for?

Options
Ear2DaSt
Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
List any rappers that are more famous then percieved on the IC

Comments

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What, you want us to say KP?

here I said it
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the old school rappers (Grandmaster Flash, Treacherous 3, Spoonie G, Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow). They can go anywhere in the world and charge $50-$100 for admission but you rarely see any threads on the IC about these guys.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Street Military & K.B. are famous through Dj Screw if nothing else but the name spread in the streets before screw came out
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Street Military & K.B. are famous through Dj Screw if nothing else but the name spread in the streets before screw came out

My dude... Have you taken a vow to comment on every mention of KB Da Kidnappa on this Board? I mean, even when fools are bullshittin like above, there you are, right there with the KB ? spreading the gospel

• Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Yall don't wanna respect K.B. & Street thats cool but they known in Texas

Just cuz people don't mention as much cuz they didn't make alot of music
    people in Texas like bass and freestyle sound

Alot of people ignorant sh*t there is even cowboys out here

They wasn't ready for no lyrical sh*t I love Texas but they wasn't ready
    I gotta keep 100 no disrespect.

if you wasn't S.U.C. you wasn't sh*t

thus songs like I rather bang Screw
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    once a culture gets set in place it's hard to work around, you gotta find your way to work with it.
    Before there was S.U.C. there was ? C & Bun B.

kats are real picky you can work with S.U.C. but if you aint the original members they aint listening to you.

So kats try to copy and sound sh*tty while real n*ggaz do they own sh*t and get sh*tted on cuz they doing something different. trying to make their own path instead of piggy back and sh*t like that.

Some rappers intended to stay underground, so they aint chasing hype and compromising their integrity to get a bigger name.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude has less than 500 followers on Twitter.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    All the old school rappers (Grandmaster Flash, Treacherous 3, Spoonie G, Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow). They can go anywhere in the world and charge $50-$100 for admission but you rarely see any threads on the IC about these guys.

how did I get two nosigns?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard outside of the I.C you putting up Marshall Mather's numbers, KB....lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

because no one with a brain is paying that kind of money to see those ppl at this point, thats just absurd
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Dude has less than 500 followers on Twitter.
    \

You think street n*ggaz on twitter?

We not talking you rich kids

It use to be in style to be that group only street n*ggaz knew about

K.B. hasn't had a presence online like some of these other acts that live online and been doing it for 15 years.

Im not making excuses but it's a difference between acts that piggy back and chase fame and those who don't

That way if K.B. ever blows up no one can say he piggy backed off someonelse

K.B.'s promotion is werd of mouf not werd of keystroke but I took it upon myself to be a keystroker

• 5 Grand
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

because no one with a brain is paying that kind of money to see those ppl at this point, thats just absurd

You do realize that Hip Hop is 40 years old right?

That means an entire generation of Hip Hop fans are like me. Born in the 60s and 70s, remember the 80s and think the new generation is complete garbage.

Your an idiot if you don't think people pay $100+ to see living legends like Grandmaster Flash.

In fact it's absurd that you don't understand that.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Here's a website that tracks Grandmaster Flash concerts. Some of the tickets are as low as $30 but there a show in London where the tickets are £79 which is equal to about $120.
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

You do realize that Hip Hop is 40 years old right?

That means an entire generation of Hip Hop fans are like me. Born in the 60s and 70s, remember the 80s and think the new generation is complete garbage.

Your an idiot if you don't think people pay $100+ to see living legends like Grandmaster Flash.

In fact it's absurd that you don't understand that.

no one is paying that price...be honest with yourself and stop being silly

you could pay $110 to go to lolla for one night to see paul mccartney and probably like 10 other acts that day....mccartney's legend far exceeds more genres and a wider age range than the ppl you've mentioned that have a much smaller audience...no chance they gather that kind of money for tickets

snoop dogg's coming close to where i live and the top ticket is $50, another rapper who far exceeds a fan base than the ppl you've mentioned

i've also paid $140 for rock the bells, which is a festival i understand to see ppl like slick rick, big daddy kane, biz markie, ice cube, nas, dmx, bone thugs, method man and redman....etc....only $40 more for 2 full days of rap music over 1 or 2 acts

so once again you've overrated some old school cats who belong in clubs that charge a $15 cover charge, but talking to you is like talking to a wall because your so unrealistic
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here's a website that tracks Grandmaster Flash concerts. Some of the tickets are as low as $30 but there a show in London where the tickets are £79 which is equal to about $120.

Thursday May 07, Philadelphia PA, GrandMaster Flash, Ticket prices: $25-$40...I don't recognize the venue but it's def not the wells fargo

http://www.songkick.com/artists/525055-grandmaster-flash
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KB cool and everything, but i swear all the graphics you be having for him suck ? bro... He need a better marketing team, cause you not cuttin it
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh so there aint no corny art on here already?

n*gga I aint paid or associated with K.B.

Just a fan bruh
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited April 2015
    Options
    KB cool and everything
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just a fan bruh

Lol sure you are. He's all you talk about, you weirdo.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KB aka @ear2dast is real as ? . just with you would admit you was him bruh
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a fan bruh

That remains to be determined. But to keep it a buck, for a minute, I thought you and Dj Mistah Em were the same dude
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options

Just a fan bruh

That remains to be determined. But to keep it a buck, for a minute, I thought you and Dj Mistah Em were the same dude

ignance