14 21 Questions
15 Don't Push Me
16 Gotta Make it to Heaven
17 * Wanksta
18 * U Not Like Me
19 * Life's on the Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOQQOy5pf8

Tournament Main Thread:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/530637/the-official-clash-of-the-titans-tournament-thread

Trap Muzik VS Get Rich or Die Tryin 58 votes

Trap Muzik
43%
infamous114capcity804jonodouble0sugerobblr86700StewStoneColdMikeysoulfulcatShizlanskyStiffBilly_PonchoCocoa_ButterTheIraqHafBaykedVader_F_KennedyKamPushMe32DaysOfInfinitiPeezy_JenkinsBookworm 25 votes
Get Rich or Die Tryin
56%
a_listkingofkingzsupergangsterdwade206sapp08_20015th Letterpower_wisdomachewon87nillerthekidqawshunHustleThaDonilledoutriddlerapTheEyeronic1BDBIIDits....JOHN BChi-Town BullyWeazelJabu_Rulesilverfoxx 33 votes

Comments

• Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Trap Muzik is unskippable.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    In the drop top Chevy wit the roof wide open
    My patnas lookin at me to see if my eyes open
    Cause I been drankin and I been smokin
    And flyin down 285 but I'm focused
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    grodt got this one.

that was an event record.
    Trap Muzik is unskippable.

Both of ya'll right. It just depends on what you prefer. I'ma go with GRODT because the movement that came before and after it changed hip hop.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think these are probably the 2 most overrated albums of the 00's. Both were good but I never understood why people rated them so high.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Ibex wrote: »
    I think these are probably the 2 most overrated albums of the 00's. Both were good but I never understood why people rated them so high.

GRODT wasn't an album, it was a coronation. It wasn't so much about the music.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    grodt was a great movement at the time....but there's only a few tracks on there i would bump right now

this here tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwB7WAdxU88

pimpin get a ? , break a ?
    hit a ? , shake a ?
    spit game til i make that ?
    turn these tricks and get me rich
    lick his ass, suck his ?
    bring me back my duckets quick
    who u think u ? wit
    im serious bout this pimpin ?
    all the ? that i kick it wit
    lookin for a richer ?
    get this ? to take these trips
    for pounds of weed, bricks and ?
    broke ? , you can get yo ?
    fo' i get another ? who can fit yo ?
    my ? too strong i aint wit yo ?
    you gone make me split yo ?
    two thangs i aint seen is this
    a ufo and a ? i cant get
    if her eyes on the prize, she'll ride

SHAWTY CHOSE WHEN SHE SAW THE DROP TOOOP!!!

we aint even gone discuss MJG or Bun's verses since it aint they album.....but ? ....
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Trap Muzik was more influential…T.I inspired a whole generation of southern rappers that followed him with that…only ? that's really on the 50 Cent tree is Troy Ave
  • Stiff
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Stiff wrote: »
    Trap Muzik was more influential…T.I inspired a whole generation of southern rappers that followed him with that…only ? that's really on the 50 Cent tree is Troy Ave

and maybe you could argue Meek Mill .. but his influence is more of the philly battle scene
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    _Lefty wrote: »

While some albums are all "hype" and only good for the moment, GRODT isnt one of em. It's gotten better with time imo, going back and listening to it, I appreciate it more than I did when it released. Its a well put together , high quality album.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin

who yung thug ? homie quan? no after trap muzik current southern rappers at that time started also blowing up as well.

and as far a lasting appeal nationwide GRODT had that impact. GRODT singles were part of popular culture for years after the release. Whereas TI had southern regional classics from that album but a year after Trap Muzik it had all but faded nationwide.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »

While some albums are all "hype" and only good for the moment, GRODT isnt one of em. It's gotten better with time imo, going back and listening to it, I appreciate it more than I did when it released. Its a well put together , high quality album.

That's what makes it crazy to me, because for the most part, the music delivered. But he couldv'e put out some lackluster ? and I believe it would have still went at least double platinum off Many Men and In Da Club alone.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    That 3rd verse on KingoftheSouth is top 5 post-2000 forreal
  • Stiff
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

who yung thug ? homie quan? no after trap muzik current southern rappers at that time started also blowing up as well.

and as far a lasting appeal nationwide GRODT had that impact. GRODT singles were part of popular culture for years after the release. Whereas TI had southern regional classics from that album but a year after Trap Muzik it had all but faded nationwide.

GRODT had more impact at the time no doubt. At the time GRODT was a movement. But the influence of T.I. has held up more. T.I. was the first street artist to blow from Atlanta. He pretty much opened that door. Before that it was pretty much just Dungeon Family and bass/party/club music (like Ludacris)
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    GRODT was great at the time, but that album didn't age very well to me. Sounds dated.
    I can still pop in Trap Muzik, and let it ride.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

u underestimating Rubberband Man and to say the only ? under tip tree is thug and quan is ridiculous.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    HafBayked wrote: »
    grodt was a great movement at the time....but there's only a few tracks on there i would bump right now

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Trap Muzik is the GRODT of te South and Tip is a better MC who touched on more realistic topics and even on some tracks conveyed real emotion. It was a more human, down to Earth. experience as opposed to the SuoerThuggary of GRODT.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    TI ? on 50

Album vs album

Every cd TI every put out is better then all of 50s albums.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Both ride front to back.

Grodt highs are higher than a. TM's IMO.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    Doin My Job is my favorite song on the album, but I've probably listened to Bezzle more than any song on that album. That beat, with the ? in the background, is too tough. Plus, you got Tip talking ? and 8ball & MJG spitting back and forth. I can't wait to play that in the whip after work.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    That was.......easy
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Muzik
    TM was the soundtrack to my summer when it dropped
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭