Orlando Jones Leaving ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Ahead Of Season 3

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
orlando-jones-leaving-sleepy-hollow.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Try not to lose your heads, “Sleepy Hollow” fans — Variety has learned that Orlando Jones (who plays fan-favorite character Frank Irving) will not be returning to the Fox show for its upcoming third season.

Jones isn’t the only one exiting the series after season two — showrunner Mark Goffman departed the supernatural drama ahead of its season three renewal and will be replaced by Clifton Campbell (“The Glades”).

“Sleepy Hollow” was co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and ? Wiseman. It stars Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane and Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills as two unlikely allies who must band together to prevent the apocalypse. Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman, Campbell and Heather Kadin serve as executive producers on the new season.

Fox had no comment.

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I missed the last 3 episodes and never got around to watching it cause I lost interest in the show. Season 2 been lackluster
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox higher ups are the reason this shows season 2 was so horrible smh. They forced the writers to change how the story is told and dumb it down.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is an underrated actor.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 2 was bad, really bad.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao. I watched "Evolution" the other day. Was wondering what this guy was up to these days.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame, first season was the ? ...was looking forward to the 2nd s but barely made it through the first couple of eps before I lost interest. They ? up
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk where the show even goes from the way season 2 ended
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad I checked out after the first season
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped watching around half way during season 2
    does it get really really bad
    I want to stick with this show because of nicole beharie
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Fox higher ups are the reason this shows season 2 was so horrible smh. They forced the writers to change how the story is told and dumb it down.

That explains the long hiatus which killed the show
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox deserves this level of karma for always killing the good shows.

They killed the Mexican Police shiw. The Following. ? they might cancel Empire, too. IDK why they don't move the shows they don't want on Fox To FX

I gotta' watch all these episodes too. Damn.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    Fox deserves this level of karma for always killing the good shows.

They killed the Mexican Police shiw. The Following. ? they might cancel Empire, too. IDK why they don't move the shows they don't want on Fox To FX

I gotta' watch all these episodes too. Damn.

The following should've only been one season

The way gang related was set up, only needed 1 season

Problem with sleepy hollow was
    -they tried to be like the x files
    -they introduce that mercenary dude who was wack
    -they tried to humanize horseman which was wack
    -they left out the 2 remaining horsemen - could've dedicated a season to each horsemen, that's 4 season right off bat
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped watching around half way during season 2
    does it get really really bad
    I want to stick with this show because of nicole beharie

that would be the only reason to stick with it at this point. I'm not exactly sure what the writers were thinking in the season 2
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options

No, it wasn't Fox that messed up season 2, it was Goffman and his obsession with Katrina. She was actually supposed to die in season 1, but he kept her and tried to push her into Abby's spot which is why there was so much focus on her. Goffman was going to fire/ ? off Lyndie (Abby's sister Jenny) and Captain Irving (Orlando Jones) which is why there was the white guy who did what Jenny could do and the new captain. Goffman and other writers were ignoring the complaints from the fans while the ratings kept dropping. There was a twitter hashtag created called #AbbieMillsdeservesbetter with tons of complaints. Fox stepped in and made Goffman rewrite the last few episodes of season 2. Fans stated they hated how bad season two was so much that they would not come back for season 3 if Goffman was the head writer. That is why Goffman is not there anymore. I hate to hear that Orlando is leaving, but I have a feeling there is more to it because he would say a lot of slick ? on twitter about the show. He and Abbie backed up the fans and the complaints they made.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Sleepy Hollow and Black List both fell the ? off, ? try tinker with the formula that made them successful like idiots rather than spicing it up.

Blacklist didn't fall off
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, it wasn't Fox that messed up season 2, it was Goffman and his obsession with Katrina. She was actually supposed to die in season 1, but he kept her and tried to push her into Abby's spot which is why there was so much focus on her. Goffman was going to fire/ ? off Lyndie (Abby's sister Jenny) and Captain Irving (Orlando Jones) which is why there was the white guy who did what Jenny could do and the new captain. Goffman and other writers were ignoring the complaints from the fans while the ratings kept dropping. There was a twitter hashtag created called #AbbieMillsdeservesbetter with tons of complaints. Fox stepped in and made Goffman rewrite the last few episodes of season 2. Fans stated they hated how bad season two was so much that they would not come back for season 3 if Goffman was the head writer. That is why Goffman is not there anymore. I hate to hear that Orlando is leaving, but I have a feeling there is more to it because he would say a lot of slick ? on twitter about the show. He and Abbie backed up the fans and the complaints they made.

My comments are based more on that report that Fox wants to make the story less of a season long arc an instead one episode type stuff. I don't like that but I wasn't aware of Abby was nearly killed off smh woww and Jenny cmon son. I'm not mad at Orlando wanting to leave just too much drama there.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options

My comments are based more on that report that Fox wants to make the story less of a season long arc an instead one episode type stuff. I don't like that but I wasn't aware of Abby was nearly killed off smh woww and Jenny cmon son. I'm not mad at Orlando wanting to leave just too much drama there.

I see what you are saying, and I agree. They need to do like they were trying to do at the end of season 2 which was to get back to what made the show a success. I was even ? at the the dry assed Katrina and Crane family drama episodes. I don't know if Goffman was going to ? Abby, but he was definitely trying to make her role smaller and make it end up being Katrina and Ichabod being the witnesses. I loved the team they had with Abby, Ichy, Jenny, and Capt. Irving. I wonder how they are going to write his character off.