questions about the terminator franchise...

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
NEwlkfj4Cwtbzx_2_b.jpg

terminator-arnold-as-terminator__131206182643.jpeg

Rank the movies so far..(goat to woat)
T2 > terminator > terminator salvation > T3

Am I the only person that liked terminator salvation?

What next if the next movie flops?

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i said this in another thread and ima say it again

terminator salvation is aight as a movie but not good enough for a terminator movie imo

200.gif

t2 is one of my favourite movies ever and these other directors just cant do it like jim thus far, they dont even get close
    t2>>>terminator>>> and then im not sure

ima try to stay open minded with this new movie but it doesnt look that good

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm watchn salvation rn,,,I like the way it looks visually

• CracceR
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I'm watchn salvation rn,,,I like the way it looks visually

there were some good ideas with the big robots, bikes etc., but its just not violent enough. terminators are killing machines, i wanna see blood and body parts.

i prefered jims version of the future

200.gif

it looked cooler

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked salvation too
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Salvation.

T2>T>TS>T3

I don't think any of them were bad movies though.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James Cameron>>
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Terminator
    Terminator 2
    Terminator 3

Terminator Salvation doesn't even rank with me on account of it being hot garbage.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked salvation cuz we got to fully see the aftermath after the machines took over. I didn't like the fact that it was rated pg13
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T3 got a lot of hate but i loved the ending. Judgement day! T4 was the weakest. Even the Sarah Conner Chronicles made more sense than T4.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved the first two Terminators, I consider them classics. It's hard to choose between them but if I have to I'll go with T2. I also liked Terminator Salvation but it wasn't a classic (in my subjective opinion) and I didn't expect it to be. I don't think I'll ever like another Terminator movie as much as T2.

In order, I guess I'd rate them T2>T1>T3>T4
    Even the Sarah Conner Chronicles made more sense than T4.

I liked the Sarah Connor chronicles, Thomas Dekker and Lena Headey did a good job. I also liked Terminator 2029-1984 (graphic novel).
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T2 > T1. Nothing beyond the James Cameron films exists as far as I'm concerned.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I thought this was a nerdy time travel paradox question.

I had a hell of a response
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »

@JokerKing explain how John Connor is in the future if Kyle Reese hadn't went back in the past to impregnate Sarah Connor yet. I've always wondered that ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »

@JokerKing explain how John Connor is in the future if Kyle Reese hadn't went back in the past to impregnate Sarah Connor yet. I've always wondered that ?

Simple, Kyle Reese going back to 1984 the first time created a new time-line. We don't know who John Connors father actually is. Just like we don't know who originally invented Skynet, since the original T-800 that was sent back to 1984 was the inspiration for Skynet (think about T2, when homeboy had the arm and cpu locked up, saying that technology helped create their company that would eventually create Skynet)

Obviously, Kyle Reese isn't John Connor's original father, but he became Johns father by taking his original father's place. The events of the first Terminator led Sara Connor away from Johns original father and onto a path where Kyle Reese is Johns father. Kyle Reese inadvertently creates a time paradox where John simply cannot exist, and the universe fixes it by creating a brand new time-line of events and completely erasing the original.
  • jono
    Options
    So skynet had a hand in creating itself?!

mindblown_st.gif
  • jono
    Options
    So skynet had a hand in creating itself?!

mindblown_st.gif
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T-1000....That is all
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The Terminator
    Terminator 2
    Terminator 3

Terminator Salvation doesn't even rank with me on account of it being hot garbage.

This. None of them are ? with the first one.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Terminator salvation was way better than tx3 its only sin is that it could have used more Arnold. Terminator 3 was wack except for the last 30 minutes when judgment day started to jump off. I felt that the tx terminatrix was bland and couldn't hold a candle to the shape changing T-1000
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    One other thing Anton yelchin played the role of a young Kyle Reese to a "t" in salvation . I don't like the guy they chose for Reese in this upcoming film.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terminator 3D at universal was my ? tho.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    there were some good ideas with the big robots, bikes etc., but its just not violent enough. terminators are killing machines, i wanna see blood and body parts.

I've always thought it was strange that some people who are interested in some of the same movies/tv shows/comic books and maybe even some novels that I am like them for different reasons than I do (ie. the action), especially if it's horror. I like Terminator for the story and characters and for the (moral/philosophical) themes or 'message'.

I don't like gore. I don't know when I first saw T2 or parts of it but I vaguely remember later thinking (as a child) that some of the scenes were scary and harsh.
  • CracceR
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

I've always thought it was strange that some people who are interested in some of the same movies/tv shows/comic books and maybe even some novels that I am like them for different reasons than I do (ie. the action), especially if it's horror. I like Terminator for the story and characters and for the (moral/philosophical) themes or 'message'.

I don't like gore. I don't know when I first saw T2 or parts of it but I vaguely remember later thinking (as a child) that some of the scenes were scary and harsh.

if you dont like gore watch transformers or irobot
    gore is important in the classic terminator and robocop movies
    but other things like "the message", time travel, soundtrack etc. are equally important

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T3 wasnt that bad yall trippin. It had good action scenes but some felt like a straight Syfy movie. But the last part when they go to the shelter in that mountain right before the beginning of Judgment Day was great to me
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    T3 wasnt that bad yall trippin. It had good action scenes but some felt like a straight Syfy movie. But the last part when they go to the shelter in that mountain right before the beginning of Judgment Day was great to me

cs