The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna be interesting to see how Kyrie handles being the 3rd option, I've never seen him play off the ball before, and he's gonna be doin a lot of that now

Nah son, if anything Kevin Love is gonna be that third option a la Chris Bosh. Besides, Love can play off the ball better while crashing the offensive glass and spotting up for threes.

Kryie has some of the best ball handling skills in the league. The ball will be in Kyrie hands nearly as much as LeBron.

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Gonna be interesting to see how Kyrie handles being the 3rd option, I've never seen him play off the ball before, and he's gonna be doin a lot of that now

Nah son, if anything Kevin Love is gonna be that third option a la Chris Bosh. Besides, Love can play off the ball better while crashing the offensive glass and spotting up for threes.

Kryie has some of the best ball handling skills in the league. The ball will be in Kyrie hands nearly as much as LeBron.

Love is a better and more efficient player than Irving. Love didn't go to Cleveland to be a third option, better believe he and Lebron had a convo about that
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    love keeps shooting 3s

08-09: 2.7%
    09-10: 16.4%
    10-11: 20.6%
    11-12: 26.6%
    12-13: 30.9%
    13-14: 35.5%

interested to see if this trend of shooting more and more 3s will continue because he will no doubt get the open looks
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie is a serial over dribbler but he does have some godo handle not the best in the league functionally.. its Cp3, Curry and Crawford
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love is a better and more efficient player than Irving. Love didn't go to Cleveland to be a third option, better believe he and Lebron had a convo about that

And if they did better believe lebron was like, "? if u don't get yo ass on somewhere" love ain't got no pull like that vs lebron and kyrie, I agree that he'll be a third option, 18 & 10
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Like Calipari, Bill Self rejected head coaching position with the Cavs

The Cavaliers wanted to make a splash this summer.

And they sure did, signing LeBron James and trading for Kevin Love.

But before either player joined Cleveland, the Cavaliers tried to make that splash with their head coach. They turned to the college ranks, where coaches are the stars of programs and carry huge name recognition.

At different points, Cleveland was linked to Florida’s Billy Donovan, Michigan State’s Tom Izzo, Kansas’ Bill Self and Kentucky’s John Calipari.

The Cavaliers’ pursuit of Calipari drew the most attention, though he downplayed it.

Self also downplayed his interaction with Cleveland:

We visited about the job. At no point in time was there any serious discussion about anything. We visited in general but no serious discussions about it or anything like that.

But perhaps the discussions got more serious – at least on one end – than Self admitted.

Brian Windhorst speaking on ESPN:

"They offered this job to Bill Self of Kansas. They offered this job to John Calipari at Kentucky and a huge contract, reportedly over $10 million a year. They both said no.

If Self turned down the job, I wonder how much he’s kicking himself now. I’m sure he’s happy at Kansas, which pays him well."
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    RIP to Tommy, mods stay banning him. Gotta hold it down for the squad for all the Bull haters
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I know about the Cavs, is that Lebron is going to be the 1st option and will have the highest usage percentage.

I honestly don't know who will be the 2nd and 3rd option between Irving and Love. The good thing is both are highly skilled players who can shoot, so they should seemingly move to their new roles with little to no problems. Irving will definitely have to cut down on the over-dribbling (stop wasting shotclock and playing hero ball) and improve his mediocre assist rate.

I think a bigger problem you Cav fans should worry about is how they'll look on the defensive side of the ball, both are among the worst defensive starters at their positions.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to Tommy, mods stay banning him. Gotta hold it down for the squad for all the Bull haters

Why he get banned?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Dds come in here and let us know what "abuse" billfiger was banned for b.

Or was you just on ya sucka ? ?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Free my ? Tommy...

He ain't even do nothin..

Yo y'all peep isiah Thomas say Rio could average 16-20ppg w/o Bron? Lol

I agree

He also said the Knicks might think about trading for Kobe at the break if the Lakers aren't playing well.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    DDS abusing mod powers. Cheap seats posters can't catch a break with these crooked mods banning unfairly
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron might as well be rocking a du rag
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Lol look at this ? Chitown tryna get his Cheap Seats mod campaign started up
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I'm doing it for the people, real ? mod for the 2014
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I'm doing it for the people, real ? mod for the 2014

I been that
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Bulls about to make a lot of ? more upset then they have been.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checking in shout out to the nation all I see is red!!!

b4dwkl.jpg

#BullsNation #FreeTommyB #Chitownbully4mod
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bully on his politician ? lol

so Tommy got clapped? damn. RIP to that silly mother ?
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Nah but Kryie Irving and Kevin Loved talked about it during that Pepsi commercial

15567674-mmmain.png