E3 2015 Official Discussion Thread (June 16-18, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Me saying they're overrating it is just an opinion. I don't say "I disagree" cause that ? is for the birds. This is a forum and I like to do what we're encouraged to do on a forum: speak my mind.

Whether you agree or disagree is moot. Just like them thinking it's the best is also an opinion I express mine as openly. We all have that right.

You are making broad assumptions. Where have I stated that it "offends me so" or that it "affects my opinion"?

"makes me dislike it even more" was typed in jest (because they reacted like a bunch of losers) because hello logic says I can't possibly dislike something more than I already do if I already disliked it to begin with. It's simple science.

How dense are you that you can't even comprehend basic English? cause right now you're just putting words in my mouth that were never there and that does offend me. Are you not familiar with my posts by now to know that I type a lot of ? all over this board in good humor?

I'm a writer by trade bro and that does influence my posting style & I'm sarcastic by nature (it comes along with being a New Yorker) it's just my style my way to stay creative while still fully expressing my truths. You either get it or you don't but clearly you didn't.

Also no, your scenario is flawed because plenty of people have stated that game is their favorite in the series to me since I was 14 and I never sweated them for it at all. I'm 31 today. For a lot of my friends growing up that was actually their first RPG. If anything I used that as a gateway in the past to put them on to the SNES games as well as other JRPGS that yes I do feel are superior to it but that's an entire different conversation altogether.

Again it just boils down to me being a blunt person who speaks what he has to say on a given subject when that subject is brought up. Period. It's me throwing in my 2 cents. I'm not thinking about this ? when I'm having dinner or ? my girl or taking a ? or taking a shower. It's something I spoke on here cause FFVII remake reactions were brought up by yourself and those were my thoughts plain and simple.

I don't take my hobbies all that seriously that they eat up my brain. I have priorities in life and my hobbies are just that. Of course I speak on them from a passionate stance because otherwise why would I be on a dedicated message board if I wasn't one of the passionate ones? I'm here to contribute just like everyone else is but in the end it's just a forum b it's never that serious and if you feel that it might be you might want to check yourself on that cause it's not healthy.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It just ruins my day when I hear the last of us is a good game and get hyped up. Played that ? for two hours and haven't touched it since.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

this is what everyone should be talking about

Montana football 16 is a damn IOS mobile game. WTF.
  • Broddie
    Options
    It just ruins my day when I hear the last of us is a good game and get hyped up. Played that ? for two hours and haven't touched it since.

Sometimes 2 hours isn't enough to really get a feel for a game though. Sometimes it takes some time for it to really click gameplay wise. The Wonderful 101 is a game that was like that for me personally. It could be one of those slow burn games that gets really good once you really immerse yourself in it long enough.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Me saying they're overrating it is just an opinion. I don't say "I disagree" cause that ? is for the birds. This is a forum and I like to do what we're encouraged to do on a forum: speak my mind.

Whether you agree or disagree is moot. Just like them thinking it's the best is also an opinion I express mine as openly. We all have that right.

You are making broad assumptions. Where have I stated that it "offends me so" or that it "affects my opinion"?

"makes me dislike it even more" was typed in jest (because they reacted like a bunch of losers) because hello logic says I can't possibly dislike something more than I already do if I already disliked it to begin with. It's simple science.

How dense are you that you can't even comprehend basic English? cause right now you're just putting words in my mouth that were never there and that does offend me. Are you not familiar with my posts by now to know that I type a lot of ? all over this board in good humor?

I'm a writer by trade bro and that does influence my posting style & I'm sarcastic by nature (it comes along with being a New Yorker) it's just my style my way to stay creative while still fully expressing my truths. You either get it or you don't but clearly you didn't.

Also no, your scenario is flawed because plenty of people have stated that game is their favorite in the series to me since I was 14 and I never sweated them for it at all. I'm 31 today. For a lot of my friends growing up that was actually their first RPG. If anything I used that as a gateway in the past to put them on to the SNES games as well as other JRPGS that yes I do feel are superior to it but that's an entire different conversation altogether.

Again it just boils down to me being a blunt person who speaks what he has to say on a given subject when that subject is brought up. Period. It's me throwing in my 2 cents. I'm not thinking about this ? when I'm having dinner or ? my girl or taking a ? or taking a shower. It's something I spoke on here cause FFVII remake reactions were brought up by yourself and those were my thoughts plain and simple.

I don't take my hobbies all that seriously that they eat up my brain. I have priorities in life and my hobbies are just that. Of course I speak on them from a passionate stance because otherwise why would I be on a dedicated message board if I wasn't one of the passionate ones? I'm here to contribute just like everyone else is but in the end it's just a forum b it's never that serious and if you feel that it might be you might want to check yourself on that cause it's not healthy.

Dude, calm down. It really ain't that serious. lol I thought I write titangraphs. Absolutely nothing you said in your rant means anything. I responded directly to what you said. I didn't add or twist anything. If you meant something different or meant it to be more light hearted, that's fine. But all I can go on is what you wrote. I don't follow your posts enough to guess what you truly meant under the context.
  • Broddie
    Options

Dude, calm down. It really ain't that serious. lol I thought I write titangraphs. Absolutely nothing you said in your rant means anything. I responded directly to what you said. I didn't add or twist anything. If you meant something different or meant it to be more light hearted, that's fine. But all I can go on is what you wrote. I don't follow your posts enough to guess what you truly meant under the context.

Do you know that it took me less than 3 minutes to type allthat? again bro I'm a writer lmao it's nothing for me trust me it's free flowing. Then when I came back and read it a few min later I revised it a bit for clarity purposes.

"It really ain't that serious" was pretty much my entire point.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you know that it took me less than 3 minutes to type allthat? again bro I'm a writer lmao it's nothing for me trust me it's free flowing. Then when I came back and read it a few min later I revised it a bit for clarity purposes.

"It really ain't that serious" was pretty much my entire point.

We good man. I just didn't expect that huge response. lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Yo...this Little Big Mario is ? sick....I'll pick up a Wii U for this.

What's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJnKdzYLSyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4z7PJPeU-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9AX6T7VznM
    Yo...this Little Big Mario is ? sick....I'll pick up a Wii U for this.

What's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJnKdzYLSyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4z7PJPeU-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9AX6T7VznM

Oh, why didn't he just call it Mario Maker? I would've known.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I want a PS4 so I can play TLOU and Nathan Drake collection.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must haves for me so far:

Doom, For Honor, Dark souls 3, deus ex n hitman....shenmue I just need to wait and see...the yakuza serie is basically shenmue 2.0 so ill ? with it regardless but I'd imagine Most folk wont ? with it cause its oldskool, dc era type of series.

just need them to announce a cool arcady racing game ala rush 2049, speed devils etc. A racing game with original Made up cars and a shitload of diverse tracks basically...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

this is what everyone should be talking about

Montana football 16 is a damn IOS mobile game. WTF.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH so much for focus' first introduction to football
  • Karl.
    Options
    When is Cuphead out?
  • Karl.
    Options
    Anyone got any of their 360 games available to download on their One yet?

All that has appeared for me is Alien Hominid. Can't remember what I've previously downloaded. There's definitely a lot more though.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone got any of their 360 games available to download on their One yet?

All that has appeared for me is Alien Hominid. Can't remember what I've previously downloaded. There's definitely a lot more though.

Where do you find the downloads at?? I can't even work my own XBO for my loss
  • Karl.
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Go to My Game & Apps then scroll all the way to the right.

You may have to change the "Sort By" setting at the top right first.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xbox Elite controller will be.... $150
  • Karl.
    Options
    Most I think I would pay is £69.99 or maybe £79.99.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Some sources are saying it costs £129.99. DAMN!

I think I'd prefer some new Turtle Beach or a bunch of games.
  • Karl.
    Options
    HALO 5 available for preorder on Xbox store.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I was too young to enjoy it but I remember I rented Shenmue II for xbox and it was probably the most boring game I ever played. I tried too it just wasnt for me especially as a 10yr old.

To me it was the equivalent of MASH, the Twillight Zone or an infomercial. Just boring.

I was playing stuff like Conkers Bad Fur Day, Jak and Daxter, FFX, Ghost Recon, Halo, Max Payne, MGS2, DMC and GTA3
  • Karl.
    Options
    Current backward compatible games:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    A World of Keflings
    Alien Hominid HD
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Banjo-Tooie
    BattleBlock Theater
    Defense Grid
    Geometry Wars Evolved
    Hexic HD
    Jetpac Refuelled
    Kameo
    Mass Effect
    N+
    Perfect Dark
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Small Arms
    Super Meat Boy
    Toy Soldiers
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Viva Piñata
    Viva Piñata: TIP
    Zuma
  • Karl.
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone played a backwards compatible game yet? How does it run
  • Karl.
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Anyone played a backwards compatible game yet? How does it run

Nope. I'll try it later and let you know.