Chicago Cook County Commissioner Wants To Charge Gang Bangers As Domestic Terrorists.

Options
9TRAY
9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
Chicago Cook County Commissioner Wants To Charge Gang Bangers As Domestic Terrorists.

7891704_G.jpg

7891046_G.jpg

After another violent weekend in Chicago in which 12 people were murdered and 43 others wounded, a Cook County Commissioner is calling for drastic measures to go after hard core gang members.

"They're terrorists trying to destabilize communities and we ought to charge them with domestic terrorism," said Commissioner Richard Boykin of Forest Park.

Tiffany Dameron was preparing to celebrate her son's 8th grade graduation next month, but Sunday night Raheem Dameron was killed and another boy wounded in a drive-by shooting near 45th and Cottage Grove.

“Now I got to go bury my son, we got to put him in the ground, never see him again,” Dameron said as tears rolled down her cheek. “That's going to be so hard.”

In the alley where the shooting happened, friends signed memorial posters to remember the 15-year-old. It's this type of senseless violence that has Commissioner Boykin calling for prosecutors to charge what he calls the five percent, who are responsible for much of the city's violence.

“The reality of it is though, that these dedicated group of individuals, some Black, some Hispanic, are destabilizing our community and we must put an end to it or else this violence will put an end to us,” Boykin said.

“I would love that kind of plan, cause it needs to stop, it really needs to stop. Somebody needs to take action in this, it's been going on for too long,” Dameron said sitting on her front porch.

But while it sounds good, it would likely require new laws and that may not be so feasible.

Boykin is calling for a city-county summit next month, but critics, including Dameron, note that summits, like the big one last December with Attorney General Eric Holder, are often just talk. She said Chicago needs action, and the shootings need to stop.

“Stop the violence, put the guns down, let the kids come out and enjoy the summer,” Dameron said.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/29162052/cook-county-gang-bangers-domestic-terrorists

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *I'm OK with this ONLY because I got a son now* post
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then next he will need the force to eliminate terroristic threats aka milatary police...tell them cacs in Chicago...specifically the police to get off their ass and do some work...
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    That's ? up. All they do is take in unwanted children and hand out turkeys on Thanksgiving.

Even amongst the ACTIVE gang population the shooters are an extremely small percentage. As someone said earlier identifying who is a banger would be very tricky
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. You can see the plan here. A person would get a lot time for being a terrorist, than a banger. I hope the Chicago youth is peeping this out. Think if other cities follow suit if this were to pass.
    "Domestic terrorist" will soon be a term to describe black people in America...watch....

@Black_Samson if that becomes the case, what doors does that open as far as detainment is concerned?

SMH...

Now the only question is what identifies gang bangers...

Your third eye is open. You see White supremacy at work again. This is not good.

If this gains steam and gets passed....other cities will follow their lead....they even got a black man to spearhead this one.

I agree something needs to be done about the violence...but this....will be abused
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why not? the ? nation is considered a domestic terrorist organization so it makes sense that this would happen. the ? is also a domestic terrorist organization. every crime committed wont be considered domestic terrorism but there are acts like the one that happened here in jersey at the knights event that could and should be considered domestic terrorism. when u start shooting recklessly in a park full of people that should be a case of domestic terrorism.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why not? the ? nation is considered a domestic terrorist organization so it makes sense that this would happen. the ? is also a domestic terrorist organization. every crime committed wont be considered domestic terrorism but there are acts like the one that happened here in jersey at the knights event that could and should be considered domestic terrorism. when u start shooting recklessly in a park full of people that should be a case of domestic terrorism.

Those are drastically different types of "gangs" tho.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real accomplishment is that he gets to be his horrible self at the end of the day.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Something has to be done, but its a slippery slope. I been telling ? for years you worried about Osama, but what about Lil Nuka that live down the street he a ? around shoot you for your J's.
    Why bother?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have no problem w/ this if it was done correctly and w/o bias or prejudice............................................................................................................................but we all know that won't happen.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an interesting idea. I like it because it would mean instead of going in and out of the same system where your boys be at anyway and your family can come visit you - as a 'domestic terrorist' your ass would get sent off to some far away federal prison. Something has to be done to change the attitude for sure and make that lifestyle a whole lot less attractive.. this sounds like a good starting point to me.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as they arrest, convict and sentence all the white boy biker gangs first using the same laws im ok with it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds good to me. That gang ? is stupid and does terrorize people. It's not like this would give cops carte blanche to go out and harass people who fit the description of a gang member. It just means penalties for committing crimes while banging would be harsher. I'm not saying it won't be used to ? on the bangers. In saying ? them.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing good can come out of this, something has to be done but this aint it. We cant allow the Govt. and Judicial system to keep tailoring laws to fit our criminal activity. Laws need to be uniform across the board, one size fits all.