Options
supergangster
supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in The Reason

Comments

• supergangster
    Options
    Best rap collabo ever made with a female collabo?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You wanna be ? Sons step son soooooo bad
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas really shut it down with this single. His rhymestyle made other rappers sound old school. We used to listen to Nas and Wutang and then somebody would come around bumping Snoop or Dogg Pound tyhey rapped at half the speed Nas rapped at.

Seriously, listen to Dogg Pound's album and then listen to If I Ruled The World. Nas raps at twice the speed.
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imagine smoking weed in the street wit out cops harassing....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instant classic when it dropped unlike anything from RD. From a southerners point a view this song got and still gets heavy airplay in Houston. It was the first official best of both worlds track. Lauryn just sold 22 MILLION with fugees and killing me softly was in heavy rotation also. Add in the fact Nas was spitting conscious pro black lyrics on a success commercial single and you got a classic duet. i used to rewind the message part of the video over and over that summer
  • supergangster
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Instant classic when it dropped unlike anything from RD. From a southerners point a view this song got and still gets heavy airplay in Houston. It was the first official best of both worlds track. Lauryn just sold 22 MILLION with fugees and killing me softly was in heavy rotation also. Add in the fact Nas was spitting conscious pro black lyrics on a success commercial single and you got a classic duet. i used to rewind the message part of the video over and over that summer

That's why Nas is the realest. Nas does not care he will always remember where he comes from.
    He never collabo with Eminem before even if this cracka sold 100millions just because that he had that racist tape.

5 Grand wrote: »
    Nas really shut it down with this single. His rhymestyle made other rappers sound old school. We used to listen to Nas and Wutang and then somebody would come around bumping Snoop or Dogg Pound tyhey rapped at half the speed Nas rapped at.

Seriously, listen to Dogg Pound's album and then listen to If I Ruled The World. Nas raps at twice the speed.

lol no rapper from west will ever be the same level as Nas not even a album from the west cant touch Illmatic
  • supergangster
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is probably the best collabo track in hip hop we got with a ? and a femal. Probably between collabo with Method Man & Mary J blige & and dis one
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • supergangster
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    groupie hoe

lol shut up you little cracka
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also Chubb Rock's born day...

N.W.A. released Efil4zaggin...
  • supergangster
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuuuck I was in the 8th grade when this dropped smh
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuuuck I was in the 8th grade when this dropped smh

Really?

I wasn't born yet
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Omar, nice thread
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was written!
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If coke was cooked without the garbage we'd all have the top dollars"
  • killtothis
    killtothis Members Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , it's been that long? I feel old as ? . Classic joint right there though Nas and Lauryn came correct,
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Na ? and mary got that one. If i ruled the world was some ? , but You're all I need touch ya soul. I remember when this dropped though, I didn't even know who Nas was. My cousin kept tellin me about it, but I thought the ? was sayin "man wait til that Nines album drop, i'm like who the ? is nines?" I was 13 years old then, didn't listen to a full length album with him on it til the firm dropped, didn't hear it was written in full til like 3 years ago, almost 20 years after I first heard him he's one of my favorite artists. A hip hop prodigy if there ever was one.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn we need singles like this now
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? GOAT, I slept on Nas ti
    _Lefty wrote: »

Na ? and mary got that one. If i ruled the world was some ? , but You're all I need touch ya soul. I remember when this dropped though, I didn't even know who Nas was. My cousin kept tellin me about it, but I thought the ? was sayin "man wait til that Nines album drop, i'm like who the ? is nines?" I was 13 years old then, didn't listen to a full length album with him on it til the firm dropped, didn't hear it was written in full til like 3 years ago, almost 20 years after I first heard him he's one of my favorite artists. A hip hop prodigy if there ever was one.

Speak for yourself bruh ? and Mary never touched my soul its a good song but I prefer IIRW.