Bad Boys III: Sh-t Just Got Real

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Joe Carnahan In Talks To Direct Bad Boys 3!

Onetime Daredevil contender Joe Carnahan is in talks to helm Bad Boys 3 for Sony, Deadline reports.

The film will reunite superstar Will Smith with Big Momma's House star Martin Lawrence in what is supposedly a solid first draft from Safe House's David Guggenheim. Carnahan would likely rewrite somewhat to suit his directorial style.

Michael Bay directed the first two, but is preoccupied with a number of other tentpole franchises away from Sony. The report indicates that Will Smith might be ready to shoot this film after Suicide Squad wraps.

Comments

• jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool story but I'll withhold any excitement until both Will and Martin have signed on and shooting has begun.

Dude is a dope filmmaker tho. I ? hard with 'Smokin Aces' which he wrote and directed. The end was kinda wack but everything beforehand was dope.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gonna be on that lethal weapon 4 ? lol
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carnahan is a much better action director than Michael Bay. You can actually tell what's going on in his action sequences instead of just getting a bunch of loud noise over quick cut shaky cam footage of explosions. So that would be a step up and would get me to check this out as much as I hated Bad Boys II.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that thought bad boys 2 was trash.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was definitely like 40 mins too long.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nah I'm really not. If I was would I be watching Ernest Scared Stupid on my tablet right at this very moment? I think not.

However that movie was indeed way too long and it got to a point that both the action and the humor just jumped the shark. It got to the point where you just were bludgeoned by jokes that went on 10 min too long to the point of numbness. Once you're numb it's no longer effective. All because Bay didn't know when to say cut or have his editor smooth ? out. I counted at least 5 times where it should've ended and I don't consider regularly looking at my watch during an action movie to be a sign of being entertained.

With that said the original is still a classic and the sequel's mediocrity will never take that away.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yeah Bad Boys is in my top 10 favorite movies but BB 2 smh.....a lot of that ? was unnecessary/cringe worthy. Like at the end when Martin popped the Cuban dude and Will was like "Now that's how you posed to shoot! From now on that's how you shoot!"

77f08015240760af955da3315868dcd0.245x200x16.gif
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Yeah Bad Boys is in my top 10 favorite movies but BB 2 smh.....a lot of that ? was unnecessary/cringe worthy. Like at the end when Martin popped the Cuban dude and Will was like "Now that's how you posed to shoot! From now on that's how you shoot!"

But to be fair the ? shot up the dash of his Porsche earlier in the movie during a shootout
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

out of all the cringeworthy ? from that movie that's what stuck out to you?

First thing that came to mind lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even with Michael Bay out the picture I still don't want this film. The 2nd film left too much of a bad taste and these mofos are getting old now.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bad boy 2 is a classic to me. it long but the comedy & action makes everything dope.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Was in reference to the first one he said martin drove like a ? then at the end when marcus was driving mike Porsche he floored it and caught up to the French ? ....mike said now that's how u pose to drive
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Bad Boys 2 was wack? Learn something new ery day.
    Next y'all gonna tell me the soundtrack didn't have bangers.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Bad Boys 2...