Do you think that America is run by a Dictatorship? The Clinton's and The Bush's

Options

Comments

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. That's some strong debating skills you got. Told you that you was soft and don't play fair.

Whole time you know I'm right too. I know you do
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Waits for thread to get locked only to be remade by your alias
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless rand Paul wins nothing will change so Donald trump is just as good as any candidate.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Shieet. Randall's dad is Ron.

Ron is a "staple" in more recent Texas Political Officials. The Bush's have a heavy hand in Texas. Texas is Bush Island. They own alotta ? down there and know the Who's Who. These are facts, not speculation

If history serves as any indication of the future. They're all in bed with each other and their alleged differences are no more than a "Dog and Pony Show"

But I'd like to hear why you feel different
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bernie Sanders is catching up to Hillary in polls....so is Jeb Bush according to CNN. Hilary only has a 10 point lead against Bernie, only a 4 point lead over Jeb Bush.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Um hip. But do you think Bernie's money is long enough tho?

Apparently they've been at odds in the past and barely know each other. Um still skeptical tho
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Um hip. But do you think Bernie's money is long enough tho?

Apparently they've been at odds in the past and barely know each other. Um still skeptical tho

I don't think Bernie's money will be long enough, but I wouldn't count him out completely. Bernie has some views that would make many Americans feel uncomfortable, I don't like that he's against the death penalty but a lot of his other views are popular, like universal healthcare (with higher taxes) and always being against the Iraq War.

On that note, I give Bernie a 40% shot on beating Hilary. After seeing how disastrous the Iraq War has become, Bernie pinning Hillary to the Iraq War by her voting for it is gonna do a ton of damage to her in the following months. Especially as Iraq continues to get worse.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I also don't think Jeb Bush has a chance, America should be done with Bushes. I dare say Ben Carson has a better chance then he does. But with this country you never know....
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Hillary may very well be President, but that doesn't amount to a dictatorship. Bill will be hands off during her tenure. He damn near has to be for the same reason this thread was made.
    there's absolutely no way the bold part is true. he doesn't even understand the optics of how terrible he looks defending the foundation. and you know they think him trying to be hands-off was a big reason why they dropped primaries to Obama back in 2008.
    Hillary was the chosen one in 08. She was going to win this presidency flat out. But there was no one that could have beaten her except Barack. Bill did right to not hover over her campaign.

And now, he has no reason to because we're fully aware of who Hillary is and what she's capable of. And by "we", I mean the general public, not just the politically astute.

I agree Bill doesn't have to do much now because Hillary is popular enough (I think) to run on her own track and style.

But I think Bill Clinton will be more active in the campaign again, Hilary's approval ratings have gone down a lot after the email problems and people hearing more about her policies. Bill started campaigning a lot after Hilary struggled against even John Edwards at one point in 2008, but Hilary I think still has the easiest road to win next year, since her competition is weaker then she is.

The email and Bengazi stuff is fodder that Fox has been struggling to get people to care about but by the time election season comes, it will be extremely old news that people will understand to be debunked, irrelevant, or both. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I don't see anything beating Hillary except Hillary herself.

Thing about her is that she isn't the politician that Bill is, nor does she have to be. In fact, it's better that she isn't. That isn't what America wants or needs from a woman her age. More than that, she and her husband don't have the same policies. In this regard, she's similar to Jeb in that she needs to be seen as her own individual as opposed to a continuation of her family's political history. Out of all announced candidates, Hillary is the best option for the country. All she has to do is keep her head above the circus ? . She's a no nonsense conservative democrat and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also don't think Jeb Bush has a chance, America should be done with Bushes. I dare say Ben Carson has a better chance then he does. But with this country you never know....

when you say america, are you talking about the electoral college? because thats the only reason bush won the 2nd time. he lost the popular vote.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

when you say america, are you talking about the electoral college? because thats the only reason bush won the 2nd time. he lost the popular vote.

Cosign.

That's what I'm sayin. The Electoral College, Money, Connects. ? is alot more sowed up than that meets the eye
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hillary may very well be President, but that doesn't amount to a dictatorship. Bill will be hands off during her tenure. He damn near has to be for the same reason this thread was made.
    there's absolutely no way the bold part is true. he doesn't even understand the optics of how terrible he looks defending the foundation. and you know they think him trying to be hands-off was a big reason why they dropped primaries to Obama back in 2008.
    Hillary was the chosen one in 08. She was going to win this presidency flat out. But there was no one that could have beaten her except Barack. Bill did right to not hover over her campaign.

And now, he has no reason to because we're fully aware of who Hillary is and what she's capable of. And by "we", I mean the general public, not just the politically astute.

I agree Bill doesn't have to do much now because Hillary is popular enough (I think) to run on her own track and style.

But I think Bill Clinton will be more active in the campaign again, Hilary's approval ratings have gone down a lot after the email problems and people hearing more about her policies. Bill started campaigning a lot after Hilary struggled against even John Edwards at one point in 2008, but Hilary I think still has the easiest road to win next year, since her competition is weaker then she is.

The email and Bengazi stuff is fodder that Fox has been struggling to get people to care about but by the time election season comes, it will be extremely old news that people will understand to be debunked, irrelevant, or both. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I don't see anything beating Hillary except Hillary herself.

Thing about her is that she isn't the politician that Bill is, nor does she have to be. In fact, it's better that she isn't. That isn't what America wants or needs from a woman her age. More than that, she and her husband don't have the same policies. In this regard, she's similar to Jeb in that she needs to be seen as her own individual as opposed to a continuation of her family's political history. Out of all announced candidates, Hillary is the best option for the country. All she has to do is keep her head above the circus ? . She's a no nonsense conservative democrat and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Benghazi might hurt Hilary if Libya turns out to be worse in the future. Libya is already a haven for AL-Qaeda and Islamic State in many places, and Gaddafi being taken out has helped create a massive humanitarian crisis affecting the world. Her foreign policy scares me and it's why I'm leaning a little to Bernie Sanders or a moderate type who was always against the war in Iraq.

With that being said, I actually wouldn't mind a moderate conservative type in office, as I have some conservative views and someone with a mixture of some liberal views is even better. Hilary has many policies I agree with her on, but her foreign policy ideas have scared me because they have ended up being horribly wrong several times, ruining the lives of millions around the world. I want Hilary to explain her actions in Libya and why she deleted so many emails related to it, before I give her more of a chance.

I will admit she's better then most Republicans.

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

You're right, the electoral college did put Bush over the top, but it was the first time. Bush shockingly won the popular vote in 2004. I still remember being tight about that. But in a way, the electoral college is fair because bigger states would always have unfair advantage in popular votes being counted.

Don't get me wrong though, I still wish Bush lost. Wouldn't be surprised if votes were counted wrong on purpose in Florida, considering the Bush ties there.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    I honestly don't even believe he won the popular vote in 2004. Considering the Election before, how can you take anything he says or does at his word?

I wanna debate but I can't lol
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

But I think Bill Clinton will hover eventually again, Hilary's approval ratings have gone down a lot after the email problems and people hearing more about her policies. Bill started campaigning a lot after Hilary struggled against even John Edwards at one point in 2008, but Hilary I think still has the easiest road to win next year, since her competition is weaker than she is.

And that's the Okie Doke too.

The only "reasonable" Candidates "according to the people" are Clinton and Bush.

The rest of the Democrats "look" irrelevant compared to Hillary so she's pretty much got the Nomination.

Elizabeth Warren is competition but she isn't running. Why? Why wouldn't a Politician wanna be the President of the United States KNOWING that they have a decent chance of doing so. ESPECIALLY compared to the rest of the actual competition, including the "front runner" #RedFlag

As far as Bush goes who's his competition, Rubio? This Marco Rubio?:
    In 1998, when Jeb Bush was battling for his political life in the Florida governor's race, he found time to call Marco Rubio, 26, to congratulate him on winning a commission seat in the small city of West Miami. Bush recognized political talent in the Cuban-American community of Miami and wanted Rubio to know he had gained his attention. http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/04/13/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-relationship-column/25714547/

Walker and Huckabee aren't real Candidates foreal, not with that Bush Money they're up against. They're Political Nobodies foreal foreal unless they do something drastic. And even then that's a long shot.

Rand Paul has traction but he's the son of another Politician, a TEXAS Politician, Ron Paul. And even though Paul put The Bush's on front street. Let's not act like we ain't seen a "Dog and Pony Show" before... Not just in Politics but in real life as well. Bill and H.W. went from Competitors to Captain Planet virtually overnight in a way.

Either way they all know each other and clearly out of all of them The Clinton's and The Bush's are The H.N.I.C.z

Walker is backed by the Kochs and that's not speculation or internet conspiracy talk. I think you've been misinformed.

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm hoping Bernie gets in, but people aren't ready for the changes he would bring. Aside from Bernie and Hillary, nobody is even noteworthy at this point--unless Biden decides to run.

With the exception of a few candidates Rand Paul et al. (maybe just one) the Republican field is a comedy of errors. People who have never held political office are running just to run.

Outside of that,my only hope is that Scott Walker is not elected. He's destroyed the state of Wisconsin, and would do the same to the rest of nation if it profits his benefactors.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I honestly don't even believe he won the popular vote in 2004. Considering the Election before, how can you take anything he says or does at his word?

I wanna debate but I can't lol

Man who knows lol.....for the sake of having SOME faith in the political system, I'm gonna assume Bush really did win the popular vote the 2nd time. Before Obama in 2008, Bush supposedly got more actual votes then any other winner in American history. Disgusting, considering how ? up the Iraq War was going at the time.

Shows how conservative America was back then.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Unless rand Paul wins nothing will change so Donald trump is just as good as any candidate.

Well just so you know, Trump's disapproval ratings are the highest out of ALL the candidates. Rand has much better shot.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Donald Trump is just a distraction so people don't get too focused on Hillary, Jeb, and The Koch Brothers
  • iNeverCould
    iNeverCould Members Posts: 60
    Options
    Maybe puppets. Hmm.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Wow. That's some strong debating skills you got. Told you that you was soft and don't play fair.
    ...says the poster who has been doing nothing but ? for days
    get over yourself

• janklow
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    no. no no no. Trump is a ? joke with OBSCENE negatives. he is no candidate.
    look, with all due respect to Ben Carson, Jeb Bush is (maybe sadly) a much more competent and legit candidate.
    She's a no nonsense conservative democrat-
    ...who is rapidly flogging dramatically liberal positions. so we're either saying she's NOT that conservative, or a phony who doesn't believe in ? but getting elected.

"no nonsense" would be taking a position on TPP.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Janklow,

What makes you say Jeb Bush is much more competent and legit then Ben Carson? I wouldn't vote for either of them but why would Jeb Bush be more competent? He's on record as saying he listens to George W's opinions on the Middle East. George W knows NOTHING about the Middle East, and Jeb said he considers George W one of the main people he listens to on foreign policy. That's nothing less then madness.
  • janklow
    Options
    What makes you say Jeb Bush is much more competent and legit then Ben Carson?
    let me just go with "Jeb Bush has actually run for political office before and won"
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What makes you say Jeb Bush is much more competent and legit then Ben Carson?
    let me just go with "Jeb Bush has actually run for political office before and won"

Well Ben Carson is still a big name so anything can happen. I'll be the first to say Ben Carson reminds me of Herman Cain but Ben has a school named after him in Nigeria, and he was a prominent name in the medical field for a long time before politics. He has enough clout (For now) to be in the top 5 of Republicans polling, and it's close.

Jeb Bush still has the last name Bush, so I'm skeptical he has a very serious chance over Ben. There have also been presidents who have never held an elective office....Ben Carson also polls better then Jeb Bush