Spoilers: Do you care?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some people want to experience tv and movies completely new, seeing everything for the first time while watching. Others don't.

For me, it depends on the tv show or movie. If it's a movie I don't plan on seeing or something I wouldn't go out of my way to see (Transformers 4, TMNT), then I'll check out some spoilers to see if it's worth watching.

But if it's something I know for a fact that I'm going to watch (Batman v. Superman, Mockingjay) then I want to know bare minimum.

Should people who post spoilers be banned (Suicide Squad spoilers specifically)?

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Comic book movies idc...how can you be spoiled when some of the source material is damn near half a century old?

Other stuff it depends...like tv shows i usually don't wana know anything. The general direction a season is going is about as far as i wana know. HOWEVER shows like masters of sex or the americans that are based on real people/events or other shows that just have really good writing and not much action like that...I'll see what's coming up next cuz the bulk of the show is how ? goes down, not necessarily what goes down.

? like game of thrones tho...i will ? somebody up. Don't tell me ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cs gabi.

Movies i dont mind getting some spoilers out of. especially comicbook movies. Spoilers help me decide if i want to fork out the money to experience it in a big theater. I hate TV spoilers though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TV spoilers smh WOAT defeats the whole purpose of the medium
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't care less. If i see a spoiler and i don't want to know, I don't click it....

If I start reading something, then realise it's a spoiler, I stop reading.

I usually don't come into threads until I'm halfway through the episode.

Just because you know what is going to happen, you don't know how it is going to happen or portrayed.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comic book movies idc...how can you be spoiled when some of the source material is damn near half a century old?

The source material is old. Not the adaptions. Every studio, WB, Fox, Sony, Universal, Marvel, every one of them have taken drastic libterties with the source material to give the audience a freshly new experience.

Most movies are predictable in that we know:

1. The hero wins
    2. The protagonist gets the girl
    3. The villian loses
    4. The antagonist gets their comeuppance
    5. In the event that there is a potential sequel, certain story threads will not be resolved

Those things you can't possibly spoil because we know that they happen. I'm talking about particular story nuances, character appearances/actions, and set pieces that make each movie or tv show unique. The things where if you see it before you're supposed to, then see it when it comes out, you think to yourself, "Damn... I kinda wish I hadn't seen that part already." because it takes the impact out of the moment for you.

It's like being a kid and being told what gifts you're getting for Christmas months beforehand. You're still looking toward to getting the gifts, but if for nothing else the same of surprise, there is nothing left to be desired other than getting your hands on what you already know you'll eventually have anyway.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well sure its just movies so its not that serious but im just asking myself why do ppl feel the need to post all these pics, gifs and spoilers?
    i mean why just not wait untill the movie comes out?
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care if it's for a TV or movie I have no interest in seeing
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could give two ? about spoilers. Its not that serious.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehhh...

i mean, the best example i can think of is the walking dead comic vs the show. There are going to be people that have watched/read both and some that just watch the show

As a comic book reader, i think not spoilering future events especially if they havent completely deviated from the source material altogether is a ? move. Some of us still like to be surprised

but a show like GOT, i aint reading all those damn books so i dont mind reading proposed theories on stuff even if its a leaked script
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf about spoilers. TV shows, movies, I look forward to them all. Me knowing what's going to happen NEVER ruins anything for me *shrugs*
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Stop being an idiot and avoid this section of the board and probably aka donkey also. You're the bitchasshole that blames others for your stupid decision making ability aka making stupid choices, ? ? .