Why Do So Many Blacks think that Black People Can't Be Racist towards whites?

Options
Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
That whole racism = discrimination/prejudice + power thing is ?

If you subscribe to an ideology that says that it's possible for one race is inherently superior or inferior to another…you're a racist.

Some trailer park hick from Idaho has no power…so he can't be racist? Nah b.

The problem is white people try to call Black people racist as if Black people's racism = white people's racism

That's obviously ? because if every single Black person were to wake up and be racist towards whites…white people wouldn't be held back in any way.

In all honesty if more Black people were racist, Black America would probably be better off because it would result in increased self-esteem. On the contrary tho…there's probably more Black White Supremacists than there are Black people who are racist.

Comments

• Stiff
    Options
    We dont need to be like them.

Our feelings are reactionary to a large degree.

And your last line... no Your self esteem should never come from putting your foot on the neck of the next man.. thats a weakness

agree with the bolded…but at the underlined history has always said otherwise
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a person is white in America, society automatically gives them more power than blacks.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can be prejudice or stereotype someone or at worst a bigot... We don't have the power to influence folk's to negatively impact a ppl
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    If a person is white in Americaglobally, society automatically gives them more power than blacks.

i had to fix this for ya
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

And your last line... no Your self esteem should never come from putting your foot on the neck of the next man.. thats a weakness

Im not talking about history..but thats why that esteem is not real.. they feel threatened by blackness.. because

you really cant call yourself having great self esteem if it derives from a foreign place
  • Stiff
    Options
    You can be prejudice or stereotype someone or at worst a bigot... We don't have the power to influence folk's to negatively impact a ppl

racism doesn't require power…systemic racism does but not personal beliefs
  • IgboNegro
    Options

racism doesn't require power…systemic racism does but not personal beliefs

But you can't change what people believe.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh... u going full Dominicoon? who got to u!?

Yesterday's thread was funny... but this worries me bruh
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Europeans don't care about self esteem as we understand it. All they care about is control, there self-esteem comes from control.

Control of nature, Control of self and control of other men. The white man is a natural ? and control freak.

white Racism is just another tool of control.
  • Stiff
    Options

Im not talking about history..but thats why that esteem is not real.. they feel threatened by blackness.. because

you really cant call yourself having great self esteem if it derives from a foreign place

That's kind of arbitrary when you look at the scope of things..how could you say that the racist ? structure is weak when it dominates and has dominated every layer of society since its inception?

I agree that I don't think most whites have great self-esteem. However, I don't think that transfers to the feelings of a Black person who's racist. Like you said, how Blacks feel are largely reactionary. If a Black person were to look at the global doings of people of Western European descent worldwide for the past 4-500 years and reach the conclusion that the White race is inherently inferior morally to Blacks. That would be a racist sentiment but it wouldn't necessarily equate to him having lowered self-esteem or false self-esteem.
  • Stiff
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    oh... u going full Dominicoon? who got to u!?

Yesterday's thread was funny... but this worries me bruh

lmao stay with me bro…this thread is actually a counter attack of a right wing talking point that gets thrown around
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Can you, as a Black person or any other minority, degrade another race to the point where it affects your job, where you live, where your child can attend school?? Do you, as a Black person control how other races can be portrayed via big market media?? Are u as a Black person, able to be as rambunctious, hood, loud, etc. without your personal actions being a reflection of your race as a whole?? If not, you can't be racist! People get being called a ? /? /? etc. with racism. It's the weight of the word and the implications that are attached to belonging to a group that can be associated with that word that is racist. Which group of people, regardless of where they are economically, wield that power?? You don't have to think long...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that the whole racism = discrimination/prejudice + power thing is ? .

And I agree that black people can be racist.

It was saying this ? that first made people start calling me ? on here, which is also ? .
  • Stiff
    Options
    Can you, as a Black person or any other minority, degrade another race to the point where it affects your job, where you live, where your child can attend school?? Do you, as a Black person control how other races can be portrayed via big market media?? Are u as a Black person, able to be as rambunctious, hood, loud, etc. without your personal actions being a reflection of your race as a whole?? If not, you can't be racist! People get being called a ? /? /? etc. with racism. It's the weight of the word and the implications that are attached to belonging to a group that can be associated with that word that is racist. Which group of people, regardless of where they are economically, wield that power?? You don't have to think long...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Being categorized as a "racist" has nothing to do with power. If I'm Black and believe that whites are inherently inferior to whites..i'm a racist. Does that mean I have the power to hold whites back in America? Absolutely not. I'm not talking about systemic racism tho... I'm talking about racism as an ideology.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just use another term: prejudiced, hateful, suspicious, whatever. We can be all that

But the definition of racism is set in stone and no level of newnigganess will change that. Black people cannot be "racist"

Easy. But...in b4 the 15 page thread
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go watch goodbye uncle toms cabin, uncle tom's cabin, roots, and then ask that question. ? just watch the 3 or 5 minutes of the first one.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    And if black people can't be racist because racism requires power, is it really true that black people have no power? Not at all. Black people have power in certain situations and contexts. For example, take an HBCU, where the administration and faculty are mostly black. That's black power. So the only way that it can be maintained that blacks can't be racist because we don't have the power is if the power in question is taken to be society-wide power. But there is no good reason why that should be so.
  • Stiff
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Just use another term: prejudiced, hateful, suspicious, whatever. We can be all that

But the definition of racism is set in stone and no level of newnigganess will change that. Black people cannot be "racist"

Easy. But...in b4 the 15 page thread

That's the thing tho…it's like Black people have their own special definition of racism…I can dig it tho but let's stop saying incorrect things

30bfifp.png

10h4uqa.png

I'm not saying that Black prejudice against whites has nearly the same weight as white racism against blacks or is anywhere near as significant so please don't argue that with me…because that's not what I'm saying.

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black ppl can be racist.We can't use class to enforce anything or exclude anyone.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ones racism is more or less justified. I'm getting real tired of this self pity us black folks are starting to convey.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if black people can't be racist because racism requires power, is it really true that black people have no power? Not at all. Black people have power in certain situations and contexts. For example, take an HBCU, where the administration is mostly if not wholly black. That's black power. So the only way that it can be maintained that blacks can't be racist because we don't have the power is if the power in question is taken to be society-wide power. But there is no good reason why that should be so.

I went to an HBCU. Speak of this power that is wielded by Black colleges over anyone or anything. The administration is ruled by the President of the college, who can't do ? without the colleges Board of Directors (Who, strangely, are mostly White). That example doesn't work
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    And if black people can't be racist because racism requires power, is it really true that black people have no power? Not at all. Black people have power in certain situations and contexts. For example, take an HBCU, where the administration is mostly if not wholly black. That's black power. So the only way that it can be maintained that blacks can't be racist because we don't have the power is if the power in question is taken to be society-wide power. But there is no good reason why that should be so.

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure the board of directors for most HBCUs are white...