Donald Trump on Black Youths: 'There's No Spirit'

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-says-africanamerican-youths-have-no-spirit-10342030.html

On the same day that a New Hampshire poll put Donald Trump second in the race to be the Republican Party's nominee for president in 2016, the New York mogul said that African-American youths had "no spirit" and blamed Barack Obama for dividing the country.

Mr Trump was talking at the annual dinner of the Maryland GOP on 23 June, which state officials said would draw in over $100,000 for the party in the Northeastern state.

Talking with reporters, he spoke briefly about race relations in the country following the shooting in Charleston, South Carolina last week and after President Obama discussed the matter with Marc Maron, with the country's first black president using the "N-word".

Mr Trump said that African-American youth had reached "a point where they've just about never done more poorly, there's no spirit, there’s killings on an hourly basis virtually in places like Baltimore and Chicago and many other places.

"There’s no spirit. I thought that President Obama would be a great cheerleader for the country. And he’s really become very divisive."

Mr Trump was speaking as a Suffolk Unversity poll in New Hampshire put him in second place behind former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the brother of former President George W Bush and the son of the 41st President, George H W Bush.

Responding to his place in the poll, Mr Trump said, "I can't believe Bush is in first place. This guy can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag. So I'm in second place to Bush? I hate it!"

He used the poll, which was good news for a man who had only entered the race last week, to attack Mr Bush's record. "Bush is weak, he's weak on immigration and he's wrong on education and he's wrong on a lot of subjects and he's not a negotiator," Trump went on. "If Bush gets in, China will absolutely eat our lunch."

Mr Trump also commented on the US-Mexico border, relaying a conversation he had had with some Mexican waiters, telling the audience that he gets on really well with people from south of the border.

"I love Mexicans. I've had tremendous relationships with people in Mexico. But we need a strong border. I said we need a wall!"

Comments

• yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Controlled division........

Powers that be on that population mind control again...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to know he gets it !
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump might just get the republican nomination if he keeps appeasing these right wing white people.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump might just get the republican nomination if he keeps appeasing these right wing white people.

It all seriousness, Jeb Bush barring some complete disaster will probably get the Republican nomination. Just off his family name and his run as governor of Americas port-o-? (Florida) alone.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ? ass is gonna be in the final 5 too.. just because of name recognition.. hope Sarah Palin runs.. just for the hilarity
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just need 100 real ? and we can give him, klannity and o'Reilly their real wake up call.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just need 100 real ? and we can give him, klannity and o'Reilly their real wake up call.

Naw 99

Cause I'm with it, for free
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R
    I hate the fact that these cracka ? who probably haven't spend five seconds talking to an average everyday black person in the last five years feel so comfortable going on at length about what's wrong with black people.
    in the other thread u wouldn't support blk banks. u dont trust blks with your money.
    Yet u complain about this.
    This is a by product of white supremacy, u are subjacated by cacs like Trump...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    R
    I hate the fact that these cracka ? who probably haven't spend five seconds talking to an average everyday black person in the last five years feel so comfortable going on at length about what's wrong with black people.
    in the other thread u wouldn't support blk banks. u dont trust blks with your money.
    Yet u complain about this.
    This is a by product of white supremacy, u are subjacated by cacs like Trump...

I said I don't trust small banks, black or white owned, because it's easier to get away with corruption. I fail to see how I'm subjugated by anyone by choosing one bank over the other.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Obama too divisive........?

Trump is too open (which is good for the public to know where he stands) and stupid for people to take him seriously. He'll say anything that comes to his mind, therefore nobody will trust him.
    “When do we beat Mexico at the border?” asked Trump. “They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.”
    “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems,” he continued. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    “It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East,” he continued

Even though I personally believe national level elections are a farce, this fool just eliminated a large block of support.
  • D0wn
    Options

Trump is too open (which is good for the public to know where he stands) and stupid for people to take him seriously. He'll say anything that comes to his mind, therefore nobody will trust him.
    “When do we beat Mexico at the border?” asked Trump. “They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.”
    “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems,” he continued. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    “It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East,” he continued

Even though I personally believe national level elections are a farce, this fool just eliminated a large block of support.

From who?
    Republicans?
    GOP?
    Tea Party?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's not looking to get their vote any way so he has no reason whatsoever to pander to them or even act like he cares about them.

Just one day I want reporters to ask real questions. Nobody thought to ask Trump where, when and who were these black youths that you talked to that makes what you just said a valid statement.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

He's not looking to get their vote any way so he has no reason whatsoever to pander to them or even act like he cares about them.

Just one day I want reporters to ask real questions. Nobody thought to ask Trump where, when and who were these black youths that you talked to that makes what you just said a valid statement.

True. He just says stuff unchecked and while some likely agree with his individual statements, I believe no one viewing the totality of his position no one will be his political ally.

From who?
    Republicans?
    GOP?
    Tea Party?

In my opinion, Latino republicans and politicians that may want their support in the future. Politicians will not want to be associated with supporting his views, positions, and potential policies.
  • D0wn
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

True. He just says stuff unchecked and while some likely agree with his individual statements, I believe no one viewing the totality of his position no one will be his political ally.

From who?
    Republicans?
    GOP?
    Tea Party?

In my opinion, Latino republicans and politicians that may want their support in the future. Politicians will not want to be associated with supporting his views, positions, and potential policies.

Majority of the latino republicans n poloticians are wht...
    they're not mestizos, mulattos, afros, or indios that make up most of latin america, and are minorities when they come here...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with the country's first black president using the "N-word".
    As opposed to the countries 43 other cac presidents using it?
    700 wrote: »

Naw 99

Cause I'm with it, for free

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would pay money to watch donald trump being forced at gunpoint to eat a bowl of dog ? .
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good luck on the Presidential trail.....? !
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His campaign is a publicity stunt. He knows damn well he can't get past a primary and wouldn't know what to do if he did. Just doing whatever for fame like a Kardashian