The Black Man's Call To Action 2015-2016

Options
NeighborhoodNomad.
NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
As we are all very aware at this point, one of the many hashtags, phrases, and slogans of 2014-2015 is “Black Lives Matter”. But what does it mean when we say Black Lives Matter and how do we show it, live it, and apply it?

In order for any word to have power, that word must be applied. As the proverbial saying goes, “Actions speak louder than words”.

If we truly believe Black Lives Matter, how do we demonstrate it so that it is not just another cliche?

Before I believe that Black Lives Matters, I need to know and understand that My Life Matters. When I believe my life matters, I live it.

One way self-worth manifests, is through healthy lifestyles/decisions and wellness (mental and physical).

What are the things we are allowing to enter into our bellies and minds?

I must eliminate ? and processed foods from my body. The time is now. Discipline.
I must eat some fruit/vegetables with every meal.
Physical activity/Exercise is necessary for the health and wellness of the body. That’s just the way it is.
At least 3 days a week I must exercise. I mean push my limits. Find or create a routine at home if preferable. Listen to my body, it will tell me where it needs attention.
I am accountable for all of my actions.

We are accountable for all of our actions collectively.
We must consciously acknowledge the presence of Black Lives (eye contact, a nod, a greeting, a handshake, etc.)
It is our duty to interact with, intervene and assist Black Lives.

Another way to demonstrate that we value Black Life is by supporting Black-Owned Business. Whether that business has all its paperwork, permits, etc. or not, it needs to be supported. Black-Owned Business that doesn’t add to the decay of the community must be supported. Black-Owned Business that adds to the quality of life in the community must be supported and multiplied.
From July 2015 - July 2016 our duty is to support at least one Black-Owned Business a week. Basically, we will put some of our hard earned money in the pockets of our Brothers and Sisters for their hard earned honest work. If a Brother is selling T-shirts or incense without the “proper” paperwork, buy it anyway, buy extra for the cause. Googling local Black-Owned Business may help if you don’t know any around you.
Now I am not at all suggesting that we stop supporting non Black business, but what I am saying is we must make a conscious effort to support, with dollars, Black-Owned Business on a consistent basis. One business a week is very reasonable.

Before we can truly organize, we must value ourselves individually and collectively.

What are other ways we can demonstrate that Black Lives Matter?

fc,550x550,black.jpg

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dig your sentiments..

black lives should matter whether they are threatening or harming us.. or if it is us that is doing the harming/threatening
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people need to boycott the military it will show them black lives matter when 1/3 of their military disappeared and the other nations choose that time to ? America up
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a few thats eating good wont want to rock the boat.
    a few getting white ass,wont want to rock the boat.

you can not rock the boat while helping those behind you.

but those few added up equals to alot and shatters an already broken people into more pieces.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    how about we ask ...what have you done as a black man to help out your brother/s, people or community?

if you only look out for only your family and allow fukk ? around your family, why do you think it wont eventually arrive at your doorstep?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie @zzombie lead us like Garvey led us.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am at a point where I believe our egos are so dangerous we have to work our way around it.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    how about we ask ...what have you done as a black man to help out your brother/s, people or community?

if you only look out for only your family and allow fukk ? around your family, why do you think it wont eventually arrive at your doorstep?

At this point I believe we are past asking "what have you done". We are at the point where it's time to do (present tense).

And I absolutely agree that ? ? should no longer be allowed in our homes or in our communities. If you need to check the lil homie, check him. We must intervene. Starting today.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

At this point I believe we are past asking "what have you done". We are at the point where it's time to do (present tense).

And I absolutely agree that ? ? should no longer be allowed in our homes or in our communities. If you need to check the lil homie, check him. We must intervene. Starting today.

why did people ever become ok with not checking the lil homies.

to not say anything is the same as saying its ok to do what they are doing...? alot of times people watching follow it up with laughing at the victim.

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Black people need to boycott the military it will show them black lives matter when 1/3 of their military disappeared and the other nations choose that time to ? America up

I'm torn on this one. I do believe that military/combat training is necessary but not at the expense of murdering other people of color to maintain and strengthen global white supremacy.

But now that I think about it we can always join a martial arts class.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

You people don't pay attention nor do you have the discipline needed to be led by the correct people. To begin with rich/famous blacks have to get on board with black nationalism which means they would have to be brave and not the spineless jellyfish they are today.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

You people don't pay attention nor do you have the discipline needed to be led by the correct people. To begin with rich/famous blacks have to get on board with black nationalism which means they would have to be brave and not the spineless jellyfish they are today.

What actions do we take to manifest the discipline needed for bravery?

And I don't believe we need leaders. We are leaders. We need accountability. Having a leader is like saying "Oh, they'll take care of it". A leader is someone I can blame when things go wrong.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

And I don't believe we need leaders. We are leaders. We need accountability. Having a leader is like saying "Oh, they'll take care of it". A leader is someone I can blame when things go wrong.

To create men with bravery we have to recreate our racial character and reputation amongst ourselves and then give that new character to our children we have to rethink our existence in relation to america. We have to raise a generation of lions who won't take any ? , who are totally focused on making themselves better than their counterparts in every field of study, art and economic endeavor and above all else they have to love themselves and their brothers, we do that by empathizing having empathy for other black people.

As for what older people can go right now to learn discipline, we can start by changing our behavior with our women AND OUR MONEY

we need leaders to implement things and push our agendas but we need the people to first and foremost to individually grasp on and deeply believe certain values and principles that way even without the leader the people go right on ahead that way the movement cannot be hijacked or stopped.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options

To create men with bravery we have to recreate our racial character and reputation amongst ourselves and then give that new character to our children we have to rethink our existence in relation to america. We have to raise a generation of lions who won't take any ? , who are totally focused on making themselves better than their counterparts in every field of study, art and economic endeavor and above all else they have to love themselves and their brothers, we do that by empathizing having empathy for other black people.

As for what older people can go right now to learn discipline, we can start by changing our behavior with our women AND OUR MONEY

we need leaders to implement things and push our agendas but we need the people to first and foremost to individually grasp on and deeply believe certain values and principles that way even without the leader the people go right on ahead that way the movement cannot be hijacked or stopped.

I like what you're saying but a lot of that is long term, like recreating history. That will take time.
    What are things we can do today like the financial discipline you spoke of and behavior towards our woman?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

I'm torn on this one. I do believe that military/combat training is necessary but not at the expense of murdering other people of color to maintain and strengthen global white supremacy.

But now that I think about it we can always join a martial arts class.

weapons training is helpful too.

i remember reading about 2 years about how gangs was in the military to learn weapons training to use in combat on the streets.

not sure how true that is.

but them ? and supremacist militias weapon train all day.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

very good point
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    I remember watching an old film called. "The ? Who Sat by the Door" that was all about that. Check it out when you can.

https://youtu.be/GxtMoaV42n8
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As we are all very aware at this point, one of the many hashtags, phrases, and slogans of 2014-2015 is “Black Lives Matter”. But what does it mean when we say Black Lives Matter and how do we show it, live it, and apply it?

In order for any word to have power, that word must be applied. As the proverbial saying goes, “Actions speak louder than words”.

If we truly believe Black Lives Matter, how do we demonstrate it so that it is not just another cliche?

Before I believe that Black Lives Matters, I need to know and understand that My Life Matters. When I believe my life matters, I live it.

One way self-worth manifests, is through healthy lifestyles/decisions and wellness (mental and physical).

I must eliminate ? and processed foods from my body. The time is now. Discipline.
    Physical activity/Exercise is necessary for the health and wellness of the body. That’s just the way it is.
    At least 3 days a week I must exercise. I mean push my limits. Find or create a routine at home if preferable. Listen to my body, it will tell me where it needs attention.

We must consciously acknowledge the presence of Black Lives (eye contact, a nod, a greeting, a handshake, etc.)

Another way to demonstrate that we value Black Life is by supporting Black-Owned Business. Whether that business has all its paperwork, permits, etc. or not, it needs to be supported. Black-Owned Business that doesn’t add to the decay of the community must be supported. Black-Owned Business that adds to the quality of life in the community must be supported and multiplied.
    From July 2015 - July 2016 our duty is to support at least one Black-Owned Business a week. Basically, we will put some of our hard earned money in the pockets of our Brothers and Sisters for their hard earned honest work. If a Brother is selling T-shirts or incense without the “proper” paperwork, buy it anyway, buy extra for the cause. Googling local Black-Owned Business may help if you don’t know any around you.
    Now I am not at all suggesting that we stop supporting non Black business, but what I am saying is we must make a conscious effort to support, with dollars, Black-Owned Business on a consistent basis. One business a week is very reasonable.

Before we can truly organize, we must value ourselves individually and collectively.

fc,550x550,black.jpg

This is ? that we should be doing anyway, but more importantly, how does this send a message to white people that we're not a group to be trifled with? This directive is seriously lacking various areas that can enact change such as,

1) Formulating policy changes that can improve the quality of life of black people

2) Holding a political fundraisers for candidates for various political offices on the local, state, and national level so once elected, these politicians can enact legislation beneficial to black people.

3) Grooming the next generation of lawyers and judges so that we can have a sympathetic ear on judiciary.

4) Encouraging black people to be trained in the use of firearms.

5) Since we can't rely on the police, patrolling our own neighborhoods in active crime prevention.

6) Encouraging men not to enter into relationships with single mothers.

7) And mostly importantly engaging in an act of economic civil disobedience by delaying the opening to the Federal Reserve, the U.S. Treasury, the New York Stock Exchange. As Dr. King said in the "Mountain Top" speech. "You're not treating ? 's people fairly." As a result you're going to feel some pain via the your stock prices plummeting because you can't conduct business. NO JUSTICE, NO MONEY!

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options

fc,550x550,black.jpg

This is ? that we should be doing anyway, but more importantly, how does this send a message to white people that we're not a group to be trifled with? This directive is seriously lacking various areas that can enact change such as,

1) Formulating policy changes that can improve the quality of life of black people

2) Holding a political fundraisers for candidates for various political offices on the local, state, and national level so once elected, these politicians can enact legislation beneficial to black people.

3) Grooming the next generation of lawyers and judges so that we can have a sympathetic ear on judiciary.

4) Encouraging black people to be trained in the use of firearms.

5) Since we can't rely on the police, patrolling our own neighborhoods in active crime prevention.

6) Encouraging men not to enter into relationships with single mothers.

7) And mostly importantly engaging in an act of economic civil disobedience by delaying the opening to the Federal Reserve, the U.S. Treasury, the New York Stock Exchange. As Dr. King said in the "Mountain Top" speech. "You're not treating ? 's people fairly." As a result you're going to feel some pain via the your stock prices plummeting because you can't conduct business. NO JUSTICE, NO MONEY!

We can't abandon our children, or our women though.

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Let's demonstrate that Black Lives Matter today, this week, this month, and this year:

Do something healthy

Support at least one (ethical) Black Owned Business (paperwork/permits or not)

Give a ? . Help a Black Life in need.

Look in the mirror. That's Black Excellence. Believe it.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A black man's call to action, but use the phrase created by cis & LGBT black women; however, doesn't acknowledge black women in his post due to his heterosexual patriarchal black male gaze.

Blackness doesn't equate to the voices of black men, when black women are constantly on the front lines for all things black.

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Charlie_ wrote: »
    A black man's call to action, but use the phrase created by cis & LGBT black women; however, doesn't acknowledge black women in his post due to his heterosexual patriarchal black male gaze.

Blackness doesn't equate to the voices of black men, when black women are constantly on the front lines for all things black.

I don't understand what you're saying. In every post i spoke of Black Lives. Men and Women.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't understand what you're saying. In every post i spoke of Black Lives. Men and Women.

Your title lends to the message.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

lets say all this is true... is there no space for black men to rally and better themselves for the greater good of both men and women?