Look at where they are now UMC's

Options
power_wisdom
power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't know Cool Kid was NY Oil and Hass G produced Lil Kim Magic Stick and Ghostface Apollo Kids among other big songs.
Well anyway here a video of their latest songs.
https://youtu.be/EqNYEAPhl_8

Comments

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I KNEW THIS FOR A MINUTE...BUT ITS DEFINITELY INTERESTING...
    THESE DUDES CAME OUT OF STATEN BEFORE WU...
    BLUE CHEESE
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY OIL out here looking like Craig Robinson
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY Oil lives in my hometown Augusta Ga. He loves it there which is shocking to me. He's an interesting follow on facebook.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of them cats ventured into other things from back in the day
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from the West Coast (no Kurrupt on vladtv) ....so up until this thread, I thought UMCs and Ultramagnetic MCs were the same ? .

man-shrugging-shoulders.jpg
  • king hassan
    Options
    I'm from the West Coast (no Kurrupt on vladtv) ....so up until this thread, I thought UMCs and Ultramagnetic MCs were the same ? .

LMAO, no harm no foul, but you must have never seen either group before
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LMAO, no harm no foul, but you must have never seen either group before

Correctamundo. My dude Naheem had an Ultramgnetic tape back in the day that jammed. I remember just hearing about UMCs tho, so I just combined ? like that
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had no idea... I had Blue Cheese on wax... nice joint...
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo that blue cheese beat was crazy. The horns in that ? was real jazzy.

Man rappers just ain't the way they used to be.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    NY OIL out here looking like Craig Robinson

wait....so thats NOT craig robinson?? fa real fam??
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah i was about to say i only know these cats because of kool keith and that critical beatdown song from gta san andreas and that poster on martin paynes wall
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know about ny oil from that "you should all get lynched" joint he dropped a few years back
  • king hassan
    Options
    Yo that blue cheese beat was crazy. The horns in that ? was real jazzy.

Man rappers just ain't the way they used to be.

Man you ain't never lied, that beat is sick. It's real melodic and flowy
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Yeah i was about to say i only know these cats because of kool keith and that critical beatdown song from gta san andreas and that poster on martin paynes wall

Yeah they have some similarity, NY Oil name used to be Kool Kid, similar to Kool Kieth.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw these cats perform live right around the time "Blue Cheese" was a big hit (had a De La / hippy vibe to them)

They were part of a bunch of groups performing and the crowd was on some thug ? and not feeling them at all.

I thought the stage was going to get ? -rushed and these dudes was going to get beatdown on some pre-Stop the Violence KRS-ONE throwing PM Dawn off the stage ? .

I thing Leaders of the New School were there too and kind of worried but Busta Rhymes stole the show like always and won the crowd back.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw these cats perform live right around the time "Blue Cheese" was a big hit (had a De La / hippy vibe to them)

They were part of a bunch of groups performing and the crowd was on some thug ? and not feeling them at all.

I thought the stage was going to get ? -rushed and these dudes was going to get beatdown on some pre-Stop the Violence KRS-ONE throwing PM Dawn off the stage ? .

I thing Leaders of the New School were there too and kind of worried but Busta Rhymes stole the show like always and won the crowd back.

Yeah, I saw one of them perform after they had broken up. Actually he was hosting a talent show. I think it was Kool Kim. Anyway, dude was mad short. I think that's why they didn't make it. Dude was like 5'3".

Same with Das EfX. I remember seeing them when they came to Boston. They were standing next to Parrish Smith. He's like 6 foot something and they were barely pushing 5'7".
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Kool Kim became NY Oil, and had a big buzz a few years ago.