Did jay brainwash hip hop fans into believing he is a Goat?

Options
willywanker
willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
Jay has got some nice ? no doubt, but he is far from one of the best to me, when I was younger I thought he was I even sided with jay against nas lol, but now I struggle to listen to his music, blueprint has some bangers I still mess with "you don't know" but for the most part my opinions have changed on the man and I find myself thinking how did he do it? Ja Rule, Dmx, Eminem, 50, wayne sold more and had better music so he was never on top, I think jay has been using some mind control type of ? on people, was it the media? did he do a deal with Obama? Don't try telling me it was his music.

Comments

• fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No, that's Nas that did that #EtherFacts

Anyone who ain't blind knows he's a camel, not a
    goat, & anyone w/ @ least one functioning ear &
    a single working brain cell knows Hov is the
    greatest rapper ever & top 5 at worst #TidalFacts :umad:
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon Willie, don't be a ? .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see why he wants to be a goat so badly, there's nothing wrong with camels.

=))
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of the people calling him GOAT today, are only saying it because everyone else is.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Goat is such a opinion based thing. I will say this though. He is one of the few rappers who can legitimately make that claim. With dudes like Nas, Pac, Cube, Face. If we are basing it on classic albums, songs, verses, longevity, and influence.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.. But Wayne did the best rapper alive ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an artist, Jay has been hit or miss his entire career. One minute he'll give you the Blueprint. Next minute he's giving you Kingdom Come. When he's great....he's great....so much so that when he puts forth a lackluster project he get's criticized more because we know how good he's capable of being when he wants to. I still think he's one of the greatest because he's got legitimately classic albums, longevity, cultural influence, and has done great things for hip hop as an artist and business man.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    No.. But Wayne did the best rapper alive ?

Both of em did imo. Jay just went a different way about it by likening himself to ?
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay has got some nice ? no doubt, but he is far from one of the best to me, when I was younger I thought he was I even sided with jay against nas lol, but now I struggle to listen to his music, blueprint has some bangers I still mess with "you don't know" but for the most part my opinions have changed on the man and I find myself thinking how did he do it? Ja Rule, Dmx, Eminem, 50, wayne sold more and had better music so he was never on top, I think jay has been using some mind control type of ? on people, was it the media? did he do a deal with Obama? Don't try telling me it was his music.

the difference between jayz and the guys that i bolded ...is the consistency and impact ... most of those guys made an impact but it was with in a specific time period ... the only one that may could take jayz spot is lil wayne but it all depends on how his next project goes ... cause his last couple of efforts have been EHHhh lol ...

but consistency is why jayz is @ the top ... and impact ... and influence .... etc... since reasonable doubt dude has rarely ever keeped his foot off the pedal ... and hes also making an impact in a new era ... his an 50 year old artist thats still relevant ... there isnt 1 artist in the game that can TRUTHFULLY state that ...

you gotta tip your hat to the man ... and as a HIP HOP business overall hes TOP 3 ...

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

the difference between jayz and the guys that i bolded ...is the consistency and impact ... most of those guys made an impact but it was with in a specific time period ... the only one that may could take jayz spot is lil wayne but it all depends on how his next project goes ... cause his last couple of efforts have been EHHhh lol ...

but consistency is why jayz is @ the top ... and impact ... and influence .... etc... since reasonable doubt dude has rarely ever keeped his foot off the pedal ... and hes also making an impact in a new era ... his an 50 year old artist thats still relevant ... there isnt 1 artist in the game that can TRUTHFULLY state that ...

you gotta tip your hat to the man ... and as a HIP HOP business overall hes TOP 3 ...

also jayz is the reason why alot of artist put there all into hip hop ... they are chasing his success !!
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see why he wants to be a goat so badly, there's nothing wrong with camels.

0cc.gif
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya fooled yaself ...
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, he is not the greatest in any regard. Commercially, Eminem is superior to him. Artistically, Nas & Common have done more musically than him. He hasn't pushed the genre in any further in any direction since he's been in the game. In fact, the people most inspired by Jay are some of the worst in the game now, I.E. Wayne. He's not the GOAT rapper; in fact, most of his career he didn't want to be proclaimed as a rapper at all, he wanted to be "a hustler who just so happened to rap." I find it funny that people like that who use the culture to enrich themselves somehow feel they are entitled to Godlike reverence from the fans.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess we're going to pretend jay is the only rapper who's called himself the greatest
  • blatalian
    blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh....y'all buggin' out
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Music is subjective
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dudes lyrics .... beat choices ... different flows. .... his catalog .... his resume in and outside of music .....his awkwardly cool character and charisma ....
    his nonchalant attitude . .. drive and determination

Dude is such the anomaly ..... he has more threads from the haters and those who feel he's undeserving of the props and accolades ......

Halley's comet ....
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You bugging B, Jay has done everything but pioneer Hip Hop. Album sales have nothing to do with being great. On top of that you only bring up Blueprint. SMH.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumbest thread in a while
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He might not be the best rapper off talent alone, but he's probably the most successful.

When I say successful, I don't mean the biggest sales, I mean he made the most money and kept it.

Eminem's record sales and concert sales probably generated more money than Jay Z's record sales and concert sales, but I'd wager that Jay Z kept more of that money than Eminem.

Thats why people say he's the GOAT.

Also, his discography isn't that shabby either.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he just bit a goat's lyrics after his death, hopped on the remix of every hot song, took a "Young-er" rapper's flow when that got stale, faked retirement then mimicked ye's high-fashion aspirations and became Euro-Jay...

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never can be goats dont lose 92 bricks
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Nah it was the music he put out