Scottie Pippen says he was 'LeBron James before LeBron James'

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
I agree. Like Lebron without other in-their-prime superstars (That Rockets team was over the hill) He can get the team to the promise land, just cant claim the title

I would also accept the argument that Grant Hill was also.

"I was LeBron James before LeBron James," Bulls great Scottie Pippen told Northeast Ohio Media Group. "It's not even close. I'm no slouch, but when comparing LeBron's game, I'm usually left out," he said.

James has stated over the years how much he watched Pippen's game when growing up and how he incorporated facets into his own repertoire. Yet still, Pippen is a forgotten man when the conversations ramps up.

"They want to compare him to the greatest whether it be Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, but he's more closer to myself," Pippen said. "It's natural for folks to say that, but if you look at how he plays the game and how I played the game, you'll see more similarities with us."

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/30/8868049/scottie-pippen-says-he-was-lebron-james-before-lebron-james?ref=yfp

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.
  • your flyness
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    We already knew that though... it's just that LeBron does Scottie Pippen better than Scottie Pippen.

Why did this post get 2 no-signs? Lol

I no-sign because I dont think Bron is a better point forward the Pippen.

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Im a fan of all 4 players game btw
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pippen is an OG and an All Time Great, but he need.to laynoff the bath salts.
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, he was a great SF who could do everything well, but the only time he could claim to have played like lebron james is when he's going up against this squad

18j5g00rp4aokjpg.jpg
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pippen is an OG and an All Time Great, but he need.to laynoff the bath salts.

I can't agree 100% with that. IMO Pippen should not have been on the 1st 50 Greatest list considering a few people who they left off to put him on. Pippen is for sure in the top 75-100 though
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Defensively the only player in their category I knew to cook Pip head-to head was Grant Hill. Melo stay cooking bron head-to-head, and Melo is no Grant Hill.

Pippen never got buckets, or carried a squad like LeBron either.
  • your flyness
    edited June 2015
    Options
    804 wrote: »

The only time we got to see Pippen carry a squad in his prime was the 1993–95, and I believe he did just that (aside from his diva act in game 3 of the 94 playoffs)

I would say he held it down in the playoff with the Blazers also (past his prime) getting them to the WCF, however nothing was going to stop that Kobe/Shaq train

Anyways I don't have any Lebron hate, I think he is the all-around best current player, but I do agree that play for play is more Pippen than Jordan, and apparently alot of professional players who played with them do to.
  • your flyness
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol melo had like 2 games where he cooked bron he was supposed to be his main rival but never delivered in that role. And bron's court vision and playmaking >>>>>> pippen. Dude averaged damn near 10apg with one of the worst supporting cast in the finals. Pippen was a great player but hes not on LeBron level at all
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol melo had like 2 games where he cooked bron he was supposed to be his main rival but never delivered in that role. And bron's court vision and playmaking >>>>>> pippen. Dude averaged damn near 10apg with one of the worst supporting cast in the finals. Pippen was a great player but hes not on LeBron level at all

I just don't get why ? don't get they those assist is because he has the ball most of the time. Nobody else can touch the ball. Ex jr smith is a rythm guy who needs to touch the ball.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ "Pippen is a better point forward than Lebron"

Not even close
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

I just don't get why ? don't get they those assist is because he has the ball most of the time. Nobody else can touch the ball. Ex jr smith is a rythm guy who needs to touch the ball.

yet when he had his chances to touch the ball he didnt deliver.

jr smith spent years with melo and yall claim melo is a black hole, where was this "jr needs to touch the ball" ? then?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Feelings
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »

You act like he avg 11pts a game during his stint with the bulls and we would never know if he could carry a team if played without jordan

But he avg around 7-8 rebs more 5ast or better and 17-20 pts a game

Then he has a shitload of defensive accolades

That ? is imressive imo ,

If you put him on another team you would say he was actually carrying that team
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron bias is at an all time high for a guy with no jumpshot, no 3 point shot and a excessive traveling habit. What team has Lebron carried? He carried a cavs teams to the finals early in his career when the East was even weaker then it was now. Pippen almost carried the Bulls himself to the finals if it wasn't for that phantom foul call on starks.
    I bet you lebron ? riders will say lebron got better defense then pippen to.....smh this is getting out of hand
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Exactly Ghost....this site is mind boggling when it comes to sports opinions....Lebron is the most overhyped manufactured athlete of besides peyton manning. Lebron had Kyrie till game 2 of the finals...don't act like he carried that team by himself...Thompson was grabbing boards out of his mind, JR Smith was streaky but effective, Schumpert has good D and Mozgov was dominating under the rim on offense and defense....The hell you ? talking about. Lebron need Wade and Bosh 2 all stars to get rings LMAO
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ban this clown and anybody who cosign him, where the mods
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Lebron court vision is good, not great though. Lebron is smarter then people think.....he's a business man more then people would think. He knows how to recruit. He tells his coaches and management to recruit 3 point shooters like Ray Allen, JR Smith, That white dude I forgot his name and a few other.

Lebron knowing he has no jump shot main strength of his game is taking it to the rim by driving (traveling most of the time) So he drives and collapes the defense, a man pulls off one of those annoying one dimensional shooters is open and he dishes it to them bam......ray allen, JR smith, James, Jones, Delladova, and mike Miller. Now all of a sudden his court vision is better then pippens lol.....Breaking Lebron game down
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pippen is criminally underrated

He's a top 50 player and his name is constantly being brought up as the reason Jordan won 6 titles. I don't know how many all star teams he was voted into but I'm sure it was plenty. he was voted into the hall of fame, I'm not sure how much more credit he really deserves
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya ? cant read....
    He said he was LBJ.. in terms of playing styles..n he's right.
    LBJ was always a mix of Scottie, Nique, N Magic...