The Silence of the Lambs vs. Se7en

Options
the ghost
the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Better Movie?

wkgxtt.jpg

20u8zrn.jpg

The Silence of the Lambs vs. Se7en 47 votes

Silence of the Lambs
34%
dogfromduckhuntnawledge_godthe ghostBroddiethemadlionsfanearth two supermanIheart~CalilamontbdcRampage12its....JOHN Be650Vader_F_Kennedytrilladelic9TRAYsmp4lifeD. Morgan 16 votes
Se7en
65%
northside7Recaptimus_Prime360texas409jee504jonoachewon87hueykzzlvageneral08bscoopa-grave247scoot78illestni99ainneCapitalBAlready Home_17CainLike WaterL3NUJDSTAYWITITBilly_Poncho 31 votes

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    Damn, hard choice. Have to give it to Seven. Movie was so nuts to me with the deadly sins. Creative ways if killing. Spacey's character gave no ? . Lambs is a GOAT movie too though.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    Wow this is tough. I love both films.
    gotta roll with Seven though. That ending was all kinds of ? up
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    as much as I love se7en, I gotta give it to Lambs.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    Gotta go with Hannibal Lecter. That phone at the end of the movie with the smooth step off ? walk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJ89LFheTs
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant choose. Loved them both.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en had one of the greatest plots and twist endings ever. Way ahead of its time.

But Jodie Foster made a ? shoot at a president. And Hannibal Lector>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Se7en had one of the greatest plots and twist endings ever. Way ahead of its time.

But Jodie Foster made a ? shoot at a president. And Hannibal Lector>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Was it this movie though? I always thought it was her in Taxi Driver
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    Seven is good but it's no Silence of the Lambs.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Gotta go with Hannibal Lecter. That phone at the end of the movie with the smooth step off ? walk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJ89LFheTs

One of the best movie endings of all time. Too bad they had to ruin it with a sequel.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en was straight, but Silence of the Lambs is one of the best movies ever made probably one of my top 15-20 movies ever.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    Se7en is one of the best movies ever put on film. Classic. The storyline, the plot twist, the ending. The decision that Brad Pitt made it one of my top 5 movies of all time. Nobody and I mean nobody saw that ? coming.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. This happened in real life. Look up John Hinckley Jr. Dude was a stan before Stan.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en

Nope. This happened in real life. Look up John Hinckley Jr. Dude was a stan before Stan.

It was Taxi Driver fam...

Lone assassin John Hinckley's attempt on US President Ronald Reagan's life (Monday 30 March 1981) was apparently triggered by Robert De Niro's obsessive Travis Bickle and his plot to assassinate a presidential candidate. Coincidentally the assassination attempt caused the 53rd Academy Awards ceremonies to be postponed for one day until Tuesday 31 March 1981 when De Niro won his Best Actor Oscar for Raging Bull (1980).
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    @ it", it was a wrap.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    se7en was all kinds of ? up
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    BenjaminE wrote: »

It was Taxi Driver fam...

Lone assassin John Hinckley's attempt on US President Ronald Reagan's life (Monday 30 March 1981) was apparently triggered by Robert De Niro's obsessive Travis Bickle and his plot to assassinate a presidential candidate. Coincidentally the assassination attempt caused the 53rd Academy Awards ceremonies to be postponed for one day until Tuesday 31 March 1981 when De Niro won his Best Actor Oscar for Raging Bull (1980).

Hinckley developed an infatuation with actress Jodie Foster, who played a child prostitute in the film.[7] When Foster entered Yale University, Hinckley moved to New Haven, Connecticut, for a short time to stalk her. He enrolled in a Yale writing class,[2] began slipping poems and messages under Foster's door, and repeatedly phoned her.

Failing to develop any meaningful contact with the actress, Hinckley fantasized about conducting an aircraft hijacking or committing suicide in front of her to get her attention. Eventually he settled on a scheme to impress her by assassinating the president, thinking that by achieving a place in history, he would appeal to her as an equal
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    Don't even remember much about Silence of the Lambs which is crazy because I've seen it a few times but Seven is a great movie and I've bought it at least 3 times due to watching it so much it has become scratched. LOL.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    I remember watching Seven in theatres. That last part while riding to the last murder had the whole audience shook folks were moaning and groaning and literally on edge during the final scenes
  • Broddie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs
    It's funny how the only thing people could go back to on Seven is the twist ending.

Like I said. It's no Silence of the Lambs. That movie just has way too many layers to it that accentuate everything. Plus the atmosphere was always a bit creepier to me than Seven cause it was more "real world" than fantastical and stylistic.

Of course this is coming from someone who saw both movies when they actually came out in theaters and hasn't seen them much in the years since. But as I remember it Seven lacks the substance. I mean last time I watched Silence in it's entirety was probably about 12 years ago no kidding. Seven even more years than that cause I never owned any of them on DVD. However it says a lot that I still clearly remember a lot from Silence and could vividly recount it but with Seven it's the gluttony death and the ending and then most of it is a blur.

I definitely have to see it again and get a refresher. I think this thread influenced me to rewatch both after all this time actually. Seven I remember it was a brilliant showing from early Fincher and redeemed him for Alien 3. At the same time he also got better as he went along and has made movies that are superior to Seven since. Jonathan Demme on the other hand peaked with Silence of the Lambs and for good reason. After something like that there is nowhere but to go but down for most filmmakers. He's lucky he gets to put a masterpiece on his resume though.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    "But as I remember it Seven lacks the substance"

tumblr_nizq51mVN81tktijqo1_500.gif
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en
    Se7en was crucial. The scene where John Doe is in the car explaining everything is insane, dude telling the cops how John Doe forced him to ? a broad with a spike on his ? is insane, the way he did sloth was just so ? up and twisted, got damn bruh.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en

Man that ? had me thrown!! I was like Brad was, yelling 'what's in the ? box Morgan freeman!?!?'
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Se7en

Man that ? had me thrown!! I was like Brad was, yelling 'what's in the ? box Morgan freeman!?!?'

"What's in the ? box!?"

vs.

"Putthelotioninthebucket!"