Greatest Late Night TV Talk show....

Options
Lustchyld
Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
self explanatory...Leno, Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Letterman (even though he just retired), hell I'll even add Arsenio due to his minor comeback

Greatest Late Night TV Talk show.... 19 votes

Leno
5%
yahwehprofet 1 vote
Conan
36%
nawledge_godfortyacresearth two supermanA$AP_A$TONNegro_CaesarLustchyldTheGOAT 7 votes
Kimmel
0%
Fallon
26%
TheBossmanvagrant-718focusIdiopathic Jokernickel-us P 5 votes
Letterman
0%
Arsenio (for nostalgia)
31%
dwade206south4lifethe ghostillestni99ainneLou Cyphermatt mane 6 votes

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arsenio (for nostalgia)
    He was our only platform for hip hop when other late night hosts didn't give a ? . Any other answer is asinine. Also where's Carson?
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leno
    ^^^^
    Leno, grew up watching,
    Headlines was the ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I wouldn't consider him the GOAT but fallon show is dope af. I'm partial to kimmel as well.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arsenio (for nostalgia)
    The only late night show I watch is Fallon. This is only because i catch it on Hulu since i dont have cable. I can choose between Fallon, Kimmel, and Seth Meyers lol. Fallon has the Roots as a band and has a lot of great musical guests. I ? hate how fake he is with his excitement though and i hate how he kisses everyones ass. "So and so is the greatest! They're the best" next guest comes on.. "They're the greatest! The Best ever!"

I like letterman a lot though when i catch his show, he doesnt kiss any guests ass. Does has cool questions and stuff too. Im excited to see how Stephen colbert does.

For the poll though, i picked Arsenio. 90s aresenio was the GOAT. My mom used to watch that when i was young, got to see a lot of dope hip hop performances.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallon
    Fallon has the potential to be the goat. That's my vote.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conan
    I was a youngn when Carson was late in his run I enjoyed it.

I like every one on that list.

But I voted for Conan because I don't know if ya'll remember when he was on NBC he wouldn't always have the top notch guest on his show but he still brought his A game every night.

Most talk show host are only as good as the guest they book. Plus he had funny ass writers and recurring characters
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Late Night with Conan O'Brien from 1994 up till the towers fell is it for me but I didn't vote for Conan cause I stopped watching his ? years ago. During that period though it was the best show they had out here in the city. As a kid I used to be sleepy the next day at school cause I stayed up late watching it.

Then when my friend insisted that we go to join the audience at Letterman tapings when I was a teen I scoffed and suggested NBC studios instead. Then it got a bit more soft but more accessible which eventually made it mainstream and gave Conan enough clout to get on The Tonight Show so I hand it to them. But it no longer was the same show after 9/11.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Fallon
    Conan was the goat with comedy. He still is funny, but Fallon taking that throne
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Fallon
    RIP Mike, but Conan was going in

Late Night 'Michael Jackson Motorgade-1 (Hall of …: https://youtu.be/LCiIAv1ooZs
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conan
    Conan the GOAT especially in NBC days

Leno was never funny. Corny

Letterman was never funny but his ? attitude made for interesting interviews

Arsenio... i was too young for his 1st run but when he made his comeback i tried to support but it just wasnt funny. Good interviewer tho

Fallon is always entertaining with the games they play with guests and Roots as house band

Kimmel is cool because he dont give a ? . Guillermo bits be funny as hell.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Conan
    conan on late night was the GOAT. I can still watch those old clips and laugh. I saw a taping of his show before he went to the tonight show and it was absolutely hilarious. Theyre ? as ? behind the scenes.

He got at people but you never got the feeling that he did it out of spite. the only one he got at more than others was himself. It was 100% for the comedy for him. He legitimately loved MJ and was said to be very depressed when he died. And you could NEVER get away with making ? jokes like that on TV anymore.

He was a ? for letting them screw him over a time slot clause though.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Conan
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I was a youngn when Carson was late in his run I enjoyed it.

I like every one on that list.

But I voted for Conan because I don't know if ya'll remember when he was on NBC he wouldn't always have the top notch guest on his show but he still brought his A game every night.

Most talk show host are only as good as the guest they book. Plus he had funny ass writers and recurring characters

he always gave every guest respect no matter what no name they were. Conan booked D12 WITHOUT eminem and even had Smilez and Southstar on his show lmao

in fact Conan had lots of hip hop guests on his show. And they always looked like they were having a good time with him
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Conan
    He was the first to interview Pres Obama when he was Senator

is this true? gotta look for this
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Conan
    conan gets endless props for that