Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options
J.J._Evans
J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in The Forum of Fame
straight-out-of-compton-movie-lead.jpg?w=600

In 1980s California, a group of young men (O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell) form the hip-hop group N.W.A and revolutionize music and pop culture with brutally honest songs about life in the 'hood.

Release date: August 14, 2015 (USA)

Director: F. Gary Gray

Production company: Legendary Pictures

Music composed by: Joseph Trapanese

Cinematography: Matthew Libatique

https://youtu.be/rsbWEF1Sju0

.....Already rumblings of a sequal in the works.

Daz Dillinger Reveals Possible “Straight Outta Compton” Sequel

With the anticipated N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton coming next month, there’s already word that a sequel may come after.

In a recent interview with Vlad TV, Daz Dillinger revealed that he and Ice Cube has discussed a sequel to the N.W.A. film based on Tha Dogg Pound.

“I was talking to Ice Cube and he was telling me about the N.W.A movie,” he explained. “He was like, ‘When Eazy [E] dies, that leaves it open up for part two.’ And, that’s where we come in. Because when Eazy dies, it was us. We gon’ make our own [film] called DPG For Life. Because when Eazy died, Suge Knight and them still around, Dr. Dre, and the story from there, what happens after that? We up next in there, we just putting it together.”

Straight Outta Compton is scheduled to hit theatres on August 14.

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Yeah they did ren & yella ? wit the trailer......this ? looks like its gonna b pure comedy.... I can't wait 2 c the part wen suge goes takes dre from eazy.....
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol the sequel will end up being one of those straight to dvd hood movies.

I wouldn't be surprised. 8-| Still gonna see this one opening day tho.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ dpg movie.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DPG straight to Redbox release

Why you thread jackin tho...

You know damn well there is already a thread on this

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/527340/straight-outta-compton-trailer/p1
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    DPG straight to Redbox release

Why you thread jackin tho...

You know damn well there is already a thread on this

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/527340/straight-outta-compton-trailer/p1

I'm not thread jackin....lol. There was no official thread for this, so I made one. It happens all the time in the IC.

Plus the link you provided shows that thread was created in January and the last response was 4 months ago in March.

It's July now....lol.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Hey mods, this thread needs to be stickied because the movie comes out in a couple weeks.
  • J.J._Evans
    edited July 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A0fgmMbnMM

http://www.mtv.com/news/2210531/straight-outta-compton-dr-dre-eminem-kendrick-lamar/
    Exclusive: Soon You’ll Hear Eminem, Kendrick Lamar And Dr. Dre On One ‘Insane’ Project

Dr. Dre’s Detox may be a rap fan’s pipe dream, but that doesn’t mean the good doctor isn’t working on any music.

On August 14, N.W.A.’s much-anticipated biopic “Straight Outta Compton” will be hitting theaters and guess who’s handling the movie’s soundtrack?

“Dr. Dre, it took him 15 years to step out and say, ’I want to do music again’ in the way that he’s doing it. The soundtrack is insane. Seriously, it’s incredible,” the film’s director, F. Gary Gray, told MTV News on Friday (July 10) during an interview at San Diego Comic-Con, where he was promoting a new short based on the video game “Assassin’s Creed.”

Gray says he’s been blasting the film’s soundtrack at home and has been excited about the overall musical direction and two of the rappers that Dre pulled for the project. “He went deep and you can hear some of his influences, with jazz and soul and a little bit of funk. And Kendrick Lamar is on, Eminem; a lot of great guest stars,” revealed Gray, who was at SDCC to promote his animated short, “Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.” “But it’s really Dre and how he’s evolved and how he’s matured as not only a person, but as an artist. It’s deep and it’s great.”

For hip-hop fans who feel they know all there is to know about the iconic rap group, Gray promises a deeper look into gangsta rap pioneers. That’s the benefit of working with N.W.A. members Dr. Dre and Ice Cube.

“The details, the stories, the authenticity that you get and you can draw from these guys, it goes beyond googling what happened in the Death Row days or googling what happened when the group broke up,” he said. “And I think that’s what people want to see.”

Yup, that’s exactly what we want to see.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

http://www.mtv.com/news/2210531/straight-outta-compton-dr-dre-eminem-kendrick-lamar/
    Exclusive: Soon You’ll Hear Eminem, Kendrick Lamar And Dr. Dre On One ‘Insane’ Project

Dr. Dre’s Detox may be a rap fan’s pipe dream, but that doesn’t mean the good doctor isn’t working on any music.

On August 14, N.W.A.’s much-anticipated biopic “Straight Outta Compton” will be hitting theaters and guess who’s handling the movie’s soundtrack?

“Dr. Dre, it took him 15 years to step out and say, ’I want to do music again’ in the way that he’s doing it. The soundtrack is insane. Seriously, it’s incredible,” the film’s director, F. Gary Gray, told MTV News on Friday (July 10) during an interview at San Diego Comic-Con, where he was promoting a new short based on the video game “Assassin’s Creed.”

Gray says he’s been blasting the film’s soundtrack at home and has been excited about the overall musical direction and two of the rappers that Dre pulled for the project. “He went deep and you can hear some of his influences, with jazz and soul and a little bit of funk. And Kendrick Lamar is on, Eminem; a lot of great guest stars,” revealed Gray, who was at SDCC to promote his animated short, “Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.” “But it’s really Dre and how he’s evolved and how he’s matured as not only a person, but as an artist. It’s deep and it’s great.”

For hip-hop fans who feel they know all there is to know about the iconic rap group, Gray promises a deeper look into gangsta rap pioneers. That’s the benefit of working with N.W.A. members Dr. Dre and Ice Cube.

“The details, the stories, the authenticity that you get and you can draw from these guys, it goes beyond googling what happened in the Death Row days or googling what happened when the group broke up,” he said. “And I think that’s what people want to see.”

Didn't know they were making a soundtrack. That will be interesting.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they still makin the pac movie?
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Dude will be playing Pac in the new NWA Straight Outta Compton movie.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i kno dat, but is the pac biopic still being made
  • Stew
    Options

i kno dat, but is the pac biopic still being made

I wanna say they scratched it but I'm not 100% sure.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

@Stew its in the other thread. I even posted Dr Dre interview on BigBoyTV talking about it

...might want to merge the theads if you giving JJ the official sticky
  • Stew
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

@Stew its in the other thread. I even posted Dr Dre interview on BigBoyTV talking about it

...might want to merge the theads if you giving JJ the official sticky

Good looks homie
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The actor playing 2Pac.............

10953512_1554618798126374_1131336046_n.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2015-06-19-at-9.13.46-AM.png
    00045FLO6AWTB5SL-C122.jpg

Got em!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Pac has a role in the movie. interesting.

Off topic, but I wonder if Eazy mentions Bone Thugs...
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    That's dope cube got his son playing him...imma b blown outta my mind n theater watching this comedy i can't wait
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder if they're gonna tell the truth about Jerry Heller
This discussion has been closed.